sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

Guest Guest

Also I know it's not the fairest comparison but I just loaded up Battlefield 3 for the first time in about 2yrs and my god does that run well and look stunning on my PC, at 1080p I get pretty much 200fps (seems capped at that for some reason) all the time, massive server, lots of chaos, vehicles etc etc and that game was released 5yrs ago! That's an absolute age when it comes to PC hardware. When that was released I only had an Nvidia 650 & AMD FX8350 and I ran 80-120fps all the time, now 5yrs later I have quite a high end GPU (EVGA 980ti FTW) and I'm getting dips to 40fps in Squad.

^^ Ooops, posted as a guest lol

Also I know it's not the fairest comparison but I just loaded up Battlefield 3 for the first time in about 2yrs and my god does that run well and look stunning on my PC, at 1080p I get pretty much 200fps (seems capped at that for some reason) all the time, massive server, lots of chaos, SMOKE, vehicles etc etc and that game was released 5yrs ago! That's an absolute age when it comes to PC hardware. When that was released I only had an Nvidia 650 & AMD FX8350 and I ran 80-120fps all the time, now 5yrs later I have quite a high end GPU (EVGA 980ti FTW) and I'm getting dips to 40fps in Squad.

FPS: 100/120
CPU: i7 4790k 4.4ghz
GPU: GTX690

RAM: 16gb 1600mhz Corsair pro serie dual channel 
Res: 1920x1080 60hz
Settings: Medium (texture high, AF16x, AA off, vsy off, les off)

FPS: 60-90, 60 on Fools Road

CPU: i5 6600k 4.6ghz

RAM: XMP on, 2x8gb Gskill rj5 3200mhz

GPU: 2xGigabyte HD 7970s in crossfire

Res: 1920x1080 144hz

Settings: Epic with shadows off and effects on low

Updated specs : 

FPS: 40-60 FPSCPU: i7-4790k 4.7 GHzGPU: 980 TIRAM: 12 GBRes: 1920x1080Settings: 120% Res, always play on 72 man servers, full. Ultra settings

Very disappointed. Even with the highest tier consumer GPU and CPU, this game still fails to run well. Even OC'd my CPU, and still don't get the frames I SHOULD be getting. This game REALLY needs optimization, and quick. I should be maxing the settings and easily be over 80 frames.

A lot of performance issues are not only tied with optimization but the animation system too. Currently, the more players join a server, the less frames you'll get. From what devs have said, the animation system is one of the culprits. They're reworking the animation system not only for performance issues but also for vehicles, emplacements etc etc

I'm happy I get between 50 -  80 FPS on squad. Most alpha games I played(DayZ, Ark, RoK, H1Z1 etc etc) I averaged 20 - 40 FPS.

x2 GTX980 Ti Super clocked
i5 6600k 3.5Ghz @ 4.4Ghz
Asus 7170 Mobo
16GB Corsair dominator DDR4 2133Mhz 
EVGA SuperNova G2 850w PSU
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
x2 1TB Seagate HDD

Max settings, 1080p and sometimes 1440p, I also run SweetFX.

A lot of performance issues are not only tied with optimization but the animation system too. Currently, the more players join a server, the less frames you'll get. From what devs have said, the animation system is one of the culprits. They're reworking the animation system not only for performance issues but also for vehicles, emplacements etc etc

I'm happy I get between 50 -  80 FPS on squad. Most alpha games I played(DayZ, Ark, RoK, H1Z1 etc etc) I averaged 20 - 40 FPS.

i5 6600k 3.5Ghz @ 4.4Ghz
Asus 7170 Mobo
x2 1TB Seagate HDD

Bruh you're citing some of the worst optimized games to date.

i5 6600k 3.5Ghz @ 4.4Ghz
Asus 7170 Mobo
x2 1TB Seagate HDD

You have a pretty impressive rig really though especially your GFX setup

Liquid cooling, works amazing! that zotac card i bet is hot. They used to be very hot cards back when they first came to the NA channel. 8800gtx 768 was a beast.

try rmaing them though.

I got the same gpu, never goes above 70deg C even at 1500mhz

Bruh you're citing some of the worst optimized games to date.

Exactly, my point. A lot of modern alpha games out there put me on below average FPS with my rig, while Squad I usually run 60 - 65 FPS 90% of the time. It's a nice change compared to other alpha games.

Exactly, my point. A lot of modern alpha games out there put me on below average FPS with my rig, while Squad I usually run 60 - 65 FPS 90% of the time. It's a nice change compared to other alpha games.

A lot of alpha games will play much better than DayZ or Arc. They are notoriously known for being absolutely awful for optimization. H1Z1 nobody has problems with, because it's a common engine. I get there point that you're attempting to validate the standardization of low framerate for alpha games, but that's how THOSE are. Not most.

A lot of alpha games will play much better than DayZ or Arc. They are notoriously known for being absolutely awful for optimization. H1Z1 nobody has problems with, because it's a common engine. I get there point that you're attempting to validate the standardization of low framerate for alpha games, but that's how THOSE are. Not most.

Key words mate "Most alpha games I played"

I'm saying most alpha games I have played have had generally bad FPS and optimization while I have a top of the line gaming rig. It is common knowledge most games in Alpha will have optimization issues and lag issues as being in alpha is just having the basic foundations down, not the full structure complete. 

As I said, I am happy with how squad is running compared to other alpha games I have played. 

The issue seems to be you expecting too much from an alpha game. You're expecting to have consistent 80 fps on a game that's only like 10% complete.

Also, H1Z1 played like ass on early access release. Ultra settings were bugged causing major FPS loss for majority of players, picking a berry bush dropped you down to 1 FPS for a second for majority of players, shadows any higher than medium made the game a slide show. Only in the past 6 months did they recently make huge improvements in optimization.

FPS: 55-70
CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.2ghz
GPU: R9 390 @ 1075 mhz core clock, 1550 mem clock (medium overclocks)
RAM: 16gb 1866mhz
Res: 1920x1080
Settings: Effects high, textures epic, res scale 120%, everything else low-med

My frames increased drastically by simply switching over from my GTX 580 for a GTX 760 probably because of the limited amount of vram when running on 0 mipbias.

I would like to mention that the average performance gain in all games at ~25% is a welcomed addition (77 to 100 on the Firing Range) which is backed with actual statistics.

Key words mate "Most alpha games I played"

I'm saying most alpha games I have played have had generally bad FPS and optimization while I have a top of the line gaming rig. It is common knowledge most games in Alpha will have optimization issues and lag issues as being in alpha is just having the basic foundations down, not the full structure complete. 

As I said, I am happy with how squad is running compared to other alpha games I have played. 

The issue seems to be you expecting too much from an alpha game. You're expecting to have consistent 80 fps on a game that's only like 10% complete.

Also, H1Z1 played like ass on early access release. Ultra settings were bugged causing major FPS loss for majority of players, picking a berry bush dropped you down to 1 FPS for a second for majority of players, shadows any higher than medium made the game a slide show. Only in the past 6 months did they recently make huge improvements in optimization.

Of course i'm expecting it. The highest tier consumer grade equipment should be blowing every single thing out of the water. When you have an engine such as Unreal running so bad that the top of the top only get 40-60 frames, you have fucked your game up massively. I have played MANY MANY MANY Alpha's, Beta's, i'm very aware of what their FPS should be, and it should be much higher than what we are getting even at the current state.

You see, when you release an alpha to the public for playing, typically devs will optimize as they go along, to keep the game playable, and stable. I get that their attempting to fix it, but this shouldn't have been a problem in the first place to be 100% real.

My expectations are very real. If you believe that this is fine, then you're dead wrong. Between Arma and Squad, I really can't tell which has worse optimization currently.

Now I understand your whole argument is "ALPHA!" when this has been the argument for DayZ for like ever now. They keep promising improvements on FPS and the new renderer, and we twiddle our thumbs saying "wtf". Now lets be a pessimist and say this animations system barely increases frames. What will you say then, "Alpha"? Considering we're supposed to be up to 100 players in the end, this could potentially just be null and void the animation system change and set us back to our shit frame-rate, compared to 72 players. 

Unreal Engine is a fine engine, that quite a few games run off of, that run much better. I'm just confused as to how you let the frames get to this state to begin with, but I suppose that's what were for, testing.

Perhaps my pessimism comes from DayZ and Arma, as i've spent near 800+ hours on it. I am very frustrated with low framed games and empty promises of todays indie devs. Let's just hope Squad can actually pull this off, and not tumble into the Shit Optimization category in the end.

Of course i'm expecting it. The highest tier consumer grade equipment should be blowing every single thing out of the water. When you have an engine such as Unreal running so bad that the top of the top only get 40-60 frames, you have fucked your game up massively. I have played MANY MANY MANY Alpha's, Beta's, i'm very aware of what their FPS should be, and it should be much higher than what we are getting even at the current state.

You see, when you release an alpha to the public for playing, typically devs will optimize as they go along, to keep the game playable, and stable. I get that their attempting to fix it, but this shouldn't have been a problem in the first place to be 100% real.

My expectations are very real. If you believe that this is fine, then you're dead wrong. Between Arma and Squad, I really can't tell which has worse optimization currently.

Now I understand your whole argument is "ALPHA!" when this has been the argument for DayZ for like ever now. They keep promising improvements on FPS and the new renderer, and we twiddle our thumbs saying "wtf". Now lets be a pessimist and say this animations system barely increases frames. What will you say then, "Alpha"? Considering we're supposed to be up to 100 players in the end, this could potentially just be null and void the animation system change and set us back to our shit frame-rate, compared to 72 players. 

Unreal Engine is a fine engine, that quite a few games run off of, that run much better. I'm just confused as to how you let the frames get to this state to begin with, but I suppose that's what were for, testing.

Perhaps my pessimism comes from DayZ and Arma, as i've spent near 800+ hours on it. I am very frustrated with low framed games and empty promises of todays indie devs. Let's just hope Squad can actually pull this off, and not tumble into the Shit Optimization category in the end.

Squad is pushing the limits of a very young engine. The whole 8km2x8km2 maps with 100 player server idea is going to test the limits of the UE4. UE4 is a somewhat WIP engine currently, It still has flaws and issues of its own, one of the major ones currently is its current sound components don't mix well with AMD CPU's.

Squad still has 1 - 2 years of development left. Right now the Devs are focusing on reworking the animations system(A main culprit to FPS issues) Currently the more people on a server, the more the animation affects performance. Due to this and other issues involving vehicle performance they're redoing coding, animations etc With this fix will come increased performance...and vehicles(Yusss!)

I come from ArmA aswell, before arma the original OP Flashpoint. Over 4000 hours on Bohemia games in the past decade(I know its sad).  

What I dont understand is if the problems with AMD devices are because of the Unreal 4 engine, why is it when I test out on Unreal tournament I get 70-80 fps? Is the low fps with Squad because of the outdoor environment?

What I dont understand is if the problems with AMD devices are because of the Unreal 4 engine, why is it when I test out on Unreal tournament I get 70-80 fps? Is the low fps with Squad because of the outdoor environment?

Assuming you're talking about UT3, it's because it's like 9 years old bro. The fact that you get that low of FPS is shocking, and makes me wonder how you run squad at all lol.

Assuming you're talking about UT3, it's because it's like 9 years old bro. The fact that you get that low of FPS is shocking, and makes me wonder how you run squad at all lol.

No the new Pre Alpha version it is on UE4 https://www.unrealtournament.com

No the new Pre Alpha version it is on UE4 https://www.unrealtournament.com

I doubt UT pushes the audio envelope the same way Squad does. Audio in games these days is so much overlooked. I guess that comes from having most games only programming for audio coming from the television in the corner and not the 7.1 headset on your head.

Guest Guest

FPS:30ish Fools road 52 ppl server
CPU:5820k
GPU:290X
RAM:16 GB DDR4 3200 Cl 15 quadchannel
Res:1080P
Settings:EPIC , 100% res scale , 2xFXAA

Performance is a joke in relation to the optical fidelity.

FPS: 30-50
CPU: i5 4690
GPU: ATi 6790
RAM: 8 GB 1600 mhz
Res: 1080
Settings: everything low, except draw distance (med)