bioshock1998

The death of a soldier

The death of soldier should be a huge thing, not just an "oh shit he died again"

Gore and dismemberment in game can help change the feeling of the game, just like brothers in arms or red orchestra it can make the game feel super brutal and add another level of emersion.

also the voices in the game can help add the feeling of "war is hell"

Also for gore if you can make it part of the game, like if you blow off your legs you still crawl and shoot as you black out or if your shot in the arm you can only use you other arm to fire you side arm. It makes the bullets feel like a physical thing. Unlike in Arma if you get shot your screen just changes color. If a person gets hit, the character should yell as he gets hit and dust should fly from the area he was hit, it will help indicate if he was hit. I feel like these things would differentiate this from the many Military sims out there.

Hey bioshock -- not sure if you've played yet or not. 

Firstly, there already are vocal cues of characters yelling and screaming upon being incapacitated. Also dying audio.

Gore will not be implemented into Squad -- this has been covered in previous threads.

I have a feeling this would become problematic to some of our veterans. Especially if any of the sentences resemble the last words of a KIA within that veterans unit. Don't get me wrong we are some resilient motherfuckers. However, we do have weaknesses like the deaths of the people we trained with lived with and suffered with. It stirs different emotions in different people: anger, depression, etc. I personally wouldn't want it in because I wouldn't want to cause another brother in arms to suffer by hearing this stuff in passing and triggering a very....very... bad memory.

Sure a scream and a gargle are fine, but the video above is a little too extreme.

I personally think the death sounds in RO2/RS add quite a bit but those games are going for a different *thing* to Squad. I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before about military personnel being affected and I still stand by if someone has that level of an issue then they probably shouldn't be playing the game in the first place (and yes before you go there I know games can and are used to help those in need).

To be honest, that death scene is pretty unrealistic and very cinematic. When you get hit, you go into shock. You may be talking, but you're not going to give a movie-scripted speech. In fact, you'll most likely be speaking gibberish.

The way the game handles it is perfect, IMHO. While I disagree, still a good idea!

Hey bioshock -- not sure if you've played yet or not. 

Firstly, there already are vocal cues of characters yelling and screaming upon being incapacitated. Also dying audio.

Gore will not be implemented into Squad -- this has been covered in previous threads.

Thanks for answering. I havnt played the game i bought the rifleman package, but i have been keeping up with online gameplay. Also do you know if modding will be allowed online?

Thanks for answering. I havnt played the game i bought the rifleman package, but i have been keeping up with online gameplay. Also do you know if modding will be allowed online?

Thanks for joining the forums and our community!

Modding is being planned, yes. How it will be specifically implemented has yet to be seen, but yes -- modding for Squad is going to be happening. It's just a ways off for now!

To be honest, that death scene is pretty unrealistic and very cinematic. When you get hit, you go into shock. You may be talking, but you're not going to give a movie-scripted speech. In fact, you'll most likely be speaking gibberish.

The way the game handles it is perfect, IMHO. While I disagree, still a good idea!

Pretty much what he said, I've had the privilege of talking with some of our old Desert Storm veterans while working with the WWP. I've heard some stories of some last words spoken by their fallen. There were some similar to those in that video, but it was not a loud clearly spoken sentences. 

I personally think the death sounds in RO2/RS add quite a bit but those games are going for a different *thing* to Squad. I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before about military personnel being affected and I still stand by if someone has that level of an issue then they probably shouldn't be playing the game in the first place (and yes before you go there I know games can and are used to help those in need).

I'm all for the added realism to the game. I'm just looking out for my bros. Regardless of whether or not they SHOULD be playing...doesn't mean they won't do so, we all know soldiers are gluttons for punishment. I think the way it is not is perfectly fine.

Dude its SOLDIER - S O L D I E R
You wrote in the title "soilder" and you wrote in your text "solider", this bothers me more than it should. On topic: Current death screams are enough imo, like Melbo said, red orchestra is doing a different thing than squad.

Dude its SOLDIER - S O L D I E R

You wrote in the title "soilder" and you wrote in your text "solider", this bothers me more than it should. On topic: Current death screams are enough imo, like Melbo said, red orchestra is doing a different thing than squad.

there's Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake.. and then there's SOLIDER SNAKE.

sorry, dumb joke, wrong game, i'll go back and sit in the corner.