Sign in to follow this  
Dankicity

Turn to ADS Physics?

Just curious.  Searched but didn't see a related post or maybe my keywords suck.

Case: Running then turning to ADS -- I think people are able to do this too easily and I'm curious how difficult a fix would be -- maybe it's already in place and can be tweaked or I haven't noticed it.

Could you guys (feasibly) do dynamic arm animations?  Kind of like a cloth or rag-doll type of effect using speed + vector + gun weight to change how quickly I would be able swing my gun around and ADS at the desired target.  I probably just suggested the hardest, or least feasible way to solve it :) but if it's possible I think something like that could be useful in teaching people to be a little more patient while not relying as much on a stamina/sway.

Instead of messing with the animations, what about an increased level of sway depending on how long you just sprinted?

I think that is already in place with stamina and I like that effect.  This happens to me a lot and I've done the same. I've never tried it in RL but I'd think the stop and turning 180 while aiming would be hard to do.  Almost like it just needs a small delay is raising the weapon or even a brief moment of extra sway based on too much rotation/stamina loss?  Maybe I'm imagining this being an issue at all.

Simpler response... lol

stamina and player's recent rotation factored into sway?  Its the only practical way I could see this kind of fix.

I think that is already in place with stamina and I like that effect. This happens to me a lot and I've done the same. I've never tried it in RL but I'd think the stop and turning 180 while aiming would be hard to do. Almost like it just needs a small delay is raising the weapon or even a brief moment of extra sway based on too much rotation/stamina loss? Maybe I'm imagining this being an issue at all.

It is already in, I believe, my suggestion to simplify and possibly appease your desires here would be to increase upon what already exists in game. Make the sway legitimately dramatic if youve been sprinting like a wild man, draining your stamina and then try to ADS.

I think your idea relates to a specific scenario that could still happen even if my suggestion DID happen, though. The whole turning quickly and being able to acquire a target very quickly. I suppose a bit of forced 'arm sway' relative to how quickly you turn your character's body might be interesting. It would give the incentive to keep your head on a consistent swivel and put you at a disadvantage if an enemy was able to flank you.

Yeah, more sway would probably do it as a workaround.  I bet the dev's todo lists are kinda full for the immediate future ;)

Maybe just a tinker idea for later on.

Yeah, more sway would probably do it as a workaround. I bet the dev's todo lists are kinda full for the immediate future ;)

Maybe just a tinker idea for later on.

Your idea is a very interesting one for sure. The more I think about it, the more I like it.