Sign in to follow this  
ReckingOrange

GPU choosing

I know, I know I "kinda" have posted this before but I dont know how to delete the post and yeah. Sorry if Im doing the wrong thing now, but what are the differences between the Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Asus STRIX and the MSI GeForce GTX 960? But before anyone says "get the 970 man" or something like that, I just wanna say that im young so I dont have a job. I DONT HAVE THE MONEYZZZZ. so yeah can anyone tell me the differences between those two?

Ty.

I got a strix 970 over an MSI because it had HDMI 2.0 where the MSI had 1.4a meaning capped at 24fps on 4k. seesm the same for the 960s.

Strix is 4GB and HDMI 2.0

MSI:

HDMI Connectors

1 (version 1.4a/2.0)
Max Resolution: 4096x2160 @24 Hz (1.4a), 3840x2160 @60 Hz (2.0)

Strix:

Interface

DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-I)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)

I've just told you why I got an asus Strix 970 as opposed to an MSI twin frozr.  There are a ton of reviews and comparisons out there .

I got a strix 970 over an MSI because it had HDMI 2.0 where the MSI had 1.4a meaning capped at 24fps on 4k. seesm the same for the 960s.

Strix is 4GB and HDMI 2.0

MSI:

HDMI Connectors

1 (version 1.4a/2.0)

Max Resolution: 4096x2160 @24 Hz (1.4a), 3840x2160 @60 Hz (2.0)

Strix:

Interface

DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-I)

HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)

If you are using cards like that for 4k then you have other issues other than displays standards.....

OP,The 960's you have chosen are the same,the actual die is identical,the only significant points are the coolers and,if you are overclocking,the quality of the VRM section.

Personally,once you go below the flagship cards,AMD is a better choice.

yeah but an amd card doesnt run good in this game.

Game is in alpha, there are still a lot of optimizations that still need to take place.

I thought it was the amd cpus that didn't fare well... Amd gpus as well? My hd5870 runs it terribly but it's like 7 years old now so that's to be expected

yeah but an amd card doesnt run good in this game.

Mostly related to driver maturity and overhead in DX11

AMD tend to have later driver scheduling that get more from the card over term of service. Unlike nVidia which tend to supply a driver that performs better initially but then forget all about it.......

Hmm, I know AMD cpus don't run well , but I didn't know that about the gpus , well all in all, if you are going to mostly play Squad the next few months (which I highly doubt since there is just not enough content yet to keep people coming day after day) then yeah, for short term get the nvidia , but if you are going to play other games aswell get the 380 since it is a better choice.