CMBelite-FR

Escape from Tarkov

With what they're promising and what I've seen it looks like they've already knocked Survarium at out the question. Now we just need to see how the whole game will come together and what the experience will exactly be like.

This game is starting to look way too good to be true. I doubt it'll have decent performance and netcode. I don't even mind the jamming in a persistent game mode, as long as there's a way to inspect and maintain your weapon.

ban once again here to bring us all back down to earth... Christmas Day is actually happening tomorrow incase you wanted to put a stop to it ;)

I was incredibly interested until 3:54 on the second vid. The gritty CQB can't happen with a 3rd person cam.

I find 3rd person screws you up in CQB if you ever want to use it in a game unless they have a decent cover system like that online Tom Clancy. 

Looks like it isn't a very usable third person at all, probably more along the lines of the recent Ghost Recon where you ADS and it goes back to first person. 

My opinion looks good even with the third person, I expect it to either be a more realistic slower paced arcade game or a hyper realistic arcade game. Looks fun either way. CQB is a bad idea, put me 500 yards away please :D 

The thing is, they could go any direction they want with weapon jams. Especially if you can assemble your own weapons with parts you have to find.. which implies they won't necessarily be in top condition. There's a lot of stuff to be developed and shown, but so far the ideas are very promising.

Footage shown so far is pre-alpha. A lot of you are bagging on it the way other players are bagging on SQUAD, so I'll give you the exact retort you give them - pre-alpha. :D

I saw a part where some guy was running a AK-74N without a dust cover. Maybe conditions like that would also affect reliability. Currently we just need to sign up for the beta, no point dissing on this until we actually try it. :D

Looks like the game has a REALLY high budget. It does remind me of BF4, but i hope it won't feel like it.
Love the scope and sight views. Trailer made me want a new computer.

Reviews: 

JackFrags:

https://youtu.be/t0kVDzYG2K4

PsiSyndicate:

https://youtu.be/bsGFMLzEQaE

You can ask your questions about the game here, in comments of this post:

https://www.facebook.com/escapefromtarkov/posts/1513589192268729

So we (the devs, not me obviously, this is just me rougly copying stuff from the previous link) would answer them and update our FAQ, which you can find here

https://www.facebook.com/escapefromtarkov/posts/1509077522719896

EDIT: Ok, so after seeing the first vid, not really a review, just talking basically talking about what we all know so far, (i.e. pretty much nothing)

Had me until 3rd person camera :(

They said in one of their very first interviews there would be no third person.  Translation found here: http://www.grind.fm/node/1571

"The hideout system will include having a really big base. You will be able to blind-shoot from any position and hide anywhere. It will not be a "press B to stick to the wall" system. You will have to crouch to the wall and you will see only what your character can see. There will be no third-person modes. Full control of walking/running speed and crouching position will be there."

Wall of text of the translated interview in case you don't want to click link.  It's possible that there was information lost in translation.

Hello guys,

This is a short review of the game Escape from Tarkov (18+), based on the interview we got last week from Battlestate Games.

The game is going to be an online multiplayer game / RPG (you can even call it an MMO), WITH a storyline and end-game content. After completing the game, you will be able to continue playing, like in GTA V. But in theory you can still actually escape from Tarkov.

The game is being built using the Unity engine. If you have seen the screenshots, they are actually PRE-alpha - the devs are promising much better quality in the final product (but the pre-alpha screenshots are still quite great).

The map:

There will be a big map that will contain not only the Tarkov city, but also:

- Suburb

- Private sector

- Port

- Lighthouse

- A few villages

- Forests

- Plains

- Industrial objects

- Town locations

It will be a large industrial location. The North will be the main city in post-evacuation state that will be pretty modern, something like Moscow city.

There will not be a big amount of animals, only small ones that will help you feel that the world is alive and create the feeling that not only monkeys with guns inhabit the area.

The devs want the game to be hardcore and realistic. If you want to know how hard it will be to play "Escape from Tarkov", then YES, it will be hard. Especially when you go to the hotspots and raids where you will have to work in teams.

If you like the old school RPGs where you have a slot-based inventory, you will feel that this game is quite familiar and simple in management. You will also have an advantage in tactics and strategy if you are familiar with ballistics and war-themed subjects.

When you die, you lose everything, but you will have a small vault where you can store some of your things.

The game will have an insurance system. There will be an A.I. controlled NPC from whom you will be able to buy an insurance. If you die and lose all your things, you can get the money equivalent of your items back.

There will be three currencies : Rubles, Dollars and Euros. The economy will be event-based. If something happens with the merchant, some items may become more rare.

The RPG system will contain:

- Leveling

- Quests

- Raids

- PVP / PVE

- Story-based quests

- Inventory management

- Economy system

- Guilds / Clans / Groups

- Social cooperation

- Class-based character

Classes:

The classes will not be something we are used to. Everyone will choose his class himself by choosing the armor, weapons and mods for his character.

Experience

You will also gain XP for:

- Exploring the world

- Finding all kinds of new things

- Repairing your gear and weapons

- Eating

- Using your meds the right way

- Cleaning water

- Healing your teammates.

- Killing / Headshotting / Killing Sprees

- Looting

- Lockpicking / Scavenging

Weather:

The weather system will be quite advanced, temperature and other parameters will influence your character. You will have to find ways to support your temperature and blood pressure.

Leveling:

The leveling system will be divided into four types:

- Physical skills

- Mental skills - intelligence / charisma etc.

- Combat skills - weapons / reloadings / recoil / aiming etc.

- Practical skills - trading / healing / marketing / stealth etc.

and an additional

- Fraction skills

that will contain all kinds of specific weapon bonuses.

The leveling skills will feel basically like in any other RPG game. The looting skill will grow when you loot containers or dead bodies. The more you loot the bigger your level will grow, the more bonuses you will receive. The more you level up the more your character changes the way he does things. The way he moves, reloads, shoots, crouches.

BUT if you haven’t been playing for a long time or are not using some skills they will downgrade. You will literally forget the skills you don't use.

Craft:

The Crafting system will be realistic, and not doing things from nothing. Gun modding will be called crafting. You can make a unique gun out of other gun parts. You can take any gun and take it apart, to upgrade or mod another weapon, if the parts are compatible. You will not be able to make anything better than a pistol from a pistol. And do not count on doing something from rocks and sticks.

There will also be an "Arcade mode". It will be like a session game type, where you come and train or just have some fun, without saving any state or loot.

But the main mode will be the same for all. Pure HARDCORE.

You will be able to mod / craft the unloading system and vests. They are planning to make ammunition crafting, and even making your own ammunition. Real ammunition was used to model the in-game assets. All models in the game will be based on real-life items.

The social part of the game:

Social groups will have a group vault. The Group / Clan / Guild leader will be able to give quests to his minions. He might be a merchant, and the group members can be his merch-getting assistants.

In a group you will share the XP and leveling. When you are in a group raid you level together.

The game will have a location-based system. You have to pass the first location to get to the second and so on. And the further you go, the harder it gets. And you will not be able to pass all the locations by yourself. The game is more party-based. Since there are clans, there are clan wars, and points of interest. For example, your clan quest is leading you to a certain point, and another clan is already there - you will have to fight to secure the point for yourself. It is not confirmed if there will be a siege system.

The Raids will be a location where random Raiders and Marauders appear. Also, you can play as one of them - you will not know if this is a bot or a live person. You can play as a savage and not lose anything. You will just have fun killing someone who is on a raid.

The PvP and PK system is based on free-roaming. You can kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. It is not recommended to kill your faction, but no one will stop you if you want.

Customization:

Customization will have face selections and maybe head customization.

The hideout system will include having a really big base. You will be able to blind-shoot from any position and hide anywhere. It will not be a "press B to stick to the wall" system. You will have to crouch to the wall and you will see only what your character can see. There will be no third-person modes. Full control of walking/running speed and crouching position will be there.

Random events may occur, with bombs falling from the sky, or some merchants with security trying to get through. Plus, the buildings will be mostly accessible and lootable.

PC requirements will not be high, but if you want to immerse yourself, you will have to put everything on max.

The game will contain destructibility, not as much as Battlefield, but things will get destroyed and break.

Transportation in the game is also planned, but it is not settled if it will influence the gameplay.

Also the developers approved that they are already developing a unique anti-cheat system that will save normal players from cheaters.

That is all, thank you for the interview Battlestate Games and the interviewer Magistr from Grind.FM. Text translated by YourSelf De Avent and proofread by foreign from Grind.FM.

This is, hands down, one of the best games that I ever had the pleasure to put my eyes on. And is just a Indie Russian game, I can't even believe it, the level of quality and immersion in this game is so damn high that I'm sitting here thinking this is just too good to be true.

I just met this game this morning, gone to their channel, watched all videos in Glorious 1080p60, and was amazed at how every other big commercial game is FAR behind, in both Audio/Visual and Mechanics, and I'm talking about HUGE games like Battlefield 4, STALKER, DayZ, Fallout 4 and such.

It is just ridiculous the level of detail in textures, levels, effects, sound, animations, objects, and the inventory / looting system is both amazing and immersive, the weapon modification system works in real time and looks like every single thing in this game is actually a functional object. Hell, how many years these guys are working on this game? Even the voice acting is neat!

Dear God, look at these animations. These are, by far, one of the best animations that I ever seen in a game, reloading, leaning, aiming, checking ammo, changing sights, hitting a wall, everything is nearly perfect, on a level that I just saw in very detailed MODs with huge amount of time/work in. The weapon handling works properly, the scopes/sights works properly, the trigger/bolt works properly, every single aspects in this game, both visually-wise and mechanic-wise is near perfect and utterly immersive in a level that huge games like Battlefield or similar never even dreamt to be. Holly baby Jesus!

I'm just waiting for the Beta to come and Multiplayer/Servers information to be available, I'll plays this at day one for sure (of course, if my Hardware supports it).

Finally a Glorious game that will bring to the survival/scavenge community what they expected from DayZ and Fallout 4.

Looks like my days in 7 Days to Die is coming to an end.

From what I've seen and read it certainly looks like it could be onto a winner. Most survival games somehow manage to screw it right up however.

No pressure, Battlescape Games...

This cannot be in-game... at 2:22 when the magazine is droped and bounce on the ground at the first time, a little rock is trown away, and when the magazine lands on the ground all the debris on the ground move with the magazine.

This cannot be in-game... at 2:22 when the magazine is droped and bounce on the ground at the first time, a little rock is trown away, and when the magazine lands on the ground all the debris on the ground move with the magazine.

Of course that's not in-game, It's a CGI trailer :D. The other trailers like the looting and gunplay trailer are in-game.

Escape from Tarkov

Same engine. I think it's a survial game but ignore all that and focus solely on the gunplay. It stood out the first time I watched the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmklF4az0pE

Notes to take:

There is seems to be little things they  have done to improve the gunplay vastly.

The weapon sway is much more apparent than in squad.- 

@4:44 & @1:44 In squad, even with the recoil your weapon sights is always in the middle of the screen (ie your camera recoils in sync with the gun). However in this game, the recoil makes the weapons climb away from the middle of the screen/player camera. (Of course the head camera should recoil with the weapon but the weapon should recoil more than the head in automatic fire as the energy transffered to the head should be somewhat damped by the bones and flesh)This is more apparent @ 4:44. Squad example (slow mo )- https://youtu.be/Ymjl1jORB40?t=3s

@2:10 when the player switches to his side, you can see the weapon oscillate up and down caused by the player model crouch moving till he stops to take more accurate shots.

Player Head camera seems to sway more caused by body movements-

@3:50 The player camera seems to sway from side to side when moving about. In squad, the player camera feels quite static even when running.

The weapons handling looks fluid and smooth -

I know there is some performance issues with 3D sights in squad, but tarkov showcases what the gameplay might have looked like with 3d Sights. @1:48 the red dot sight actually looks like it is infront of the holo sight insted of being painted on the middle of the optics.

The switch from the optical to the side sights @1:48 so damn smooth and fluid.

These are the main things I could pick up on that Escape from tarkov have done better than Squad. I think this would make squad a more realisitc while also increase the viseral experience.

Completely two different types of games. Each games' gunplay has its own pros and cons, but they're relative to their gameplay style and setting / genre. They haven't necessarily done them better than SQUAD, they just invested more time into animations and visuals that suit the game they're aiming for *there isn't many gameplay mechanics on display either*

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7159-new-fpsmmotps-indie-game-escape-form-tarkov-russia-post-apocalyptic/

Devs are already aware though.

Looks super cool

So are we, might be a proper DayZ without zombies replacement, who knows.  :)

While the gunplay in squad is still WIP, certainly not finished and has a plethora of problems, the gunplay in Tarkov is certainly not very realistic. It's like the weapon weighs 20 pounds and is hammered by inertia. A lot of the things like sway both ADS and just walking around, head bob, movement, is exaggerated. It's like you're a tank holding a tank and you are moving super fast except you aren't but you have inertia on literally everything you do. 

It makes it look pretty though. I think they need to tone it down. It certainly doesn't belong in squad as they are going towards two different things. One's going for a realistic tactical shooter the other is a survival MMO. You don't really have that much weapon sway in life, unless you are very new to shooting weapons or you get very tired. 

It's seriously clunky, I am not sure what you are seeing as that as being realistic at all. I am sure it will fit Tarkov very well as it is an MMO not a tactical shooter. 

As one of the devs said in the other forum, Needs more head bob not realistic enough. 

Completely mistook unity for unreal engine.

While the gunplay in squad is still WIP, certainly not finished and has a plethora of problems, the gunplay in Tarkov is certainly not very realistic. It's like the weapon weighs 20 pounds and is hammered by inertia. A lot of the things like sway both ADS and just walking around, head bob, movement, is exaggerated. It's like you're a tank holding a tank and you are moving super fast except you aren't but you have inertia on literally everything you do. 

It makes it look pretty though. I think they need to tone it down. It certainly doesn't belong in squad as they are going towards two different things. One's going for a realistic tactical shooter the other is a survival MMO. You don't really have that much weapon sway in life, unless you are very new to shooting weapons or you get very tired. 

It's seriously clunky, I am not sure what you are seeing as that as being realistic at all. I am sure it will fit Tarkov very well as it is an MMO not a tactical shooter.

Probably from my limited experience, but I feel the somewhat opposite. The games dont have enough weapon sway. But it's also probably due to me being small build with a pretty heavy system. Seeing your location is in america, the m4 is pretty light and you're probably a big tall dude.