CMBelite-FR

Escape from Tarkov

Those preorder bonuses turn me off. Bigger stash size in a loot-mmo game? Sounds like an advantage.

Factory raid and  for those who want to know the beta only for July...

On 07/04/2017 at 0:52 AM, Converge said:

So now when is the open beta supposed to be?

july

Another raid with the new update, some scav are now real players.

5 hours ago, P5YCHO said:

july

Another raid with the new update, some scav are now real players.

That was fricken awesome! Watched the whole thing. Very nice. I am loving everything I see about this game. Realistic weapons and accessories, damage dealt, looting system, sound, tactics, everything. 

Can't wait to get in on this game. I am gonna try to have my new pc together by mid summer. Would love to play this maxed out. I'm going for a damn nice system too, probably won't be less then $1800.

On 1/7/2017 at 1:13 PM, Nyrak said:

Those preorder bonuses turn me off. Bigger stash size in a loot-mmo game? Sounds like an advantage.

This is one of the reasons I won't recommend the game to my friends. The EOD edition stash is almost 3 times bigger than the standard edition, which provides a pretty significant advantage right off the bat.  Sure someone with the standard edition can grind the snot out of the game and eventually buy gun/item and money cases to "expand" their stash space, but that only goes so far.

The game is marketed as being a Beta, but even with a max of 12 or so players per map and significantly smaller maps..the game is still plagued with more server, desync and general performance issues than SQUAD saw in it's pre-alpha stages before it came to Steam. EFT plays like an early alpha, rather than a game getting ready to go into open beta. I'd wager that's why this game didn't come to Steam in early access, so the developers wouldn't have to issue refunds.

I just bought the game a week ago. I'm having a lot of fun. I'd like to point out a few things to others who are thinking of buying it.

Negatives:

You will die a lot, and you will lose a lot of gear you care about. Don't get to attached to your gear. But also to note is that you can earn gear and money back pretty quickly with the scav mode. Anything you find as a scav, you get to keep when you exit the raid. You can just choose to loot as a scav, avoid the enemy players and not have to worry about AI scav killing you, keep in mind that other player scavs may still kill you tho. You won't lose any gear if you die as a scav.

The game doesn't provide a lot of learning. You will have to learn a lot of this game from trial and error, or watching tutorials and reading forums for information. I recommend researching about this game to learn as you play. An example of why you need to do this, the game does not tell you where to extract and exit out of the raid or explain that some exit's can only occur if you have a specific key to open the door. Dying or running out of time during a raid means you lose all your gear. You can prevent that by having the information you need to be successful. Another example, using the wrong type of ammo can put you at a severe disadvantage against armored opponents. You will have to pump three times as many bullets for a kill. Also your container, alpha, bravo or gamma keeps items you put in there before the raid or during. This means if you find something you really want, you can keep it if you die during the raid as long as you it the container. Yes those who purchase more expensive versions of the game do get a larger container and have a advantage cuz of this. But it's a small advantage in my opinion. I purchased the standard version and dont feel hindered compared to those who bought the better version.

Modding weapons can be complicated until you learn the mods and which are compatible with each other. There is a compatibility indicator in game, but it's only specific to the parts directly related, for example, you won't be able to put a PSO scope on your OP-1 SKS if you don't have the right mount. If you have the PSO scope and the SKS, the indicator won't show it's compatible. If you attach the mount on the SKS, then the compatibility for the PSO scope reveals it. You also need the correct SKS, not the simonov version.

Server issues occur more often than needed, but they are less frequent every update. This means desyncing, remember arma and dayZ? You might be aiming at a door and just die. On your screen, the door is closed. On their screen, they have opened it and can see you. Another example, they might come around a corner, but you don't see them cuz of desync and you die because of it.

Bugs and glitches, yes they suck, but the game is in beta. They also will reset loot and trader levels. Meaning you will have to grind again later.

Spawn camping can also occur on some maps, mainly the smaller ones. Experienced players will know where the other spawns are and get into positions of ambush at chokepoints and wait for you. That's expected but the spawn camping will happen when a player with a SSD spawns in faster than a player who installed the game on a HDD. The SSD player will be there to literally kill the HDD player when he spawns.

Group players have a massive advantage over solo players, it's not really fair when a group of 5 play against 3 other players who are solo. But it is still possible to win, watch this video.

Positives:

Loot is rewarding especially if you get it from a dead player. It makes you care about the game. Every kill and death becomes meaningful.

This game has almost everything you want in a hardcore shooter, you can do incremental leaning, and incremental crouching. You can adjust your movement speed to whatever you want with your mouse wheel. You can lean while prone. You can use hand signals for teammates, the wounding and medical system makes sense and works well. I've got some gripes with the current system, for example, you shouldn't be able to still engage in combat while healing yourself, but the system still works well. You need the proper meds to heal certain wounds. And they will update the system to reflect realism better I'm sure.

There are values and functions to almost everything in the game. There is a skill system, food and water have a function. Bullets all have a different use, there are different types of armor and helmets. If you are into guns, you will like this game. You can mod almost everything in a weapon. Yes, you can use a flashlight and laser pointer at the same time or alternately if you want.

Quest system exists in the game, it gives you more objectives than just killing others and surviving. It's actually a requirement to level up the traders to buy better gear.

Time of day changes the map, it's a really nice touch to be able to play during all times of the day. The time of the day in game is set to your time zone. So if you start a raid at 12am at night, The ingame time of day will be the same, for example if you start a raid when the sun is up, it can go down during that time, it occurs the same as real life, I noticed the sun going down out my window the exact same as it did in game. You also have the option to alternatively play at a different time zone if you don't want to play at the same time as your current timezone. For example, you won't have to play a raid at night time when it's pitch black if you don't want. There are always two time different zones when selecting a map.

I recommend this game to others. Even with the problems. I still have a lot of fun playing this game, I don't even play it with others. When I go back to other FPS games, I find them dull in comparison if they don't offer something more like vehicles. EFT just does it the best in terms of gear and infantry combat.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

24 minutes ago, Monk said:

The main question is: How many maps does the game have?

There is currently 4. More will be added, each of them is pretty different to the other. The devs have plans to make it all one large map in the end, so all the maps merge into a large one after you have escaped each zone once. But I think that's after they get more money for better servers. I think the reason they break them individually into smaller maps is because the servers can handle the 5-8 players but probably not a higher number. There's actually a lot of stuff the engine has to calculate. Remember that every type of bullet has different values, along with every piece of gear. You can even load 3 rounds of armor piercing or steel core into the mag, and the rest being a common lead core. You can also only load one magazine with AP rounds out of your mags, and grab specifically that magazine during a reload and load it if you notice your about to engage armored opponents. The game is really nice in ease of access of it's complexity in function. The only thing I think is missing is the ability to climb and vault like you can in Squad.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

On 14.02.2018 at 2:36 AM, Clown_Tactical said:

There is currently 4. More will be added, each of them is pretty different to the other. The devs have plans to make it all one large map in the end, so all the maps merge into a large one after you have escaped each zone once. But I think that's after they get more money for better servers. I think the reason they break them individually into smaller maps is because the servers can handle the 5-8 players but probably not a higher number. There's actually a lot of stuff the engine has to calculate. Remember that every type of bullet has different values, along with every piece of gear. You can even load 3 rounds of armor piercing or steel core into the mag, and the rest being a common lead core. You can also only load one magazine with AP rounds out of your mags, and grab specifically that magazine during a reload and load it if you notice your about to engage armored opponents. The game is really nice in ease of access of it's complexity in function. The only thing I think is missing is the ability to climb and vault like you can in Squad.

My previous post was sarcasm regarding the fact that you are limited to the same four maps. 

The game is basically a grinding festival of looting same maps with few bots.

14 hours ago, Monk said:

My previous post was sarcasm regarding the fact that you are limited to the same four maps. 

The game is basically a grinding festival of looting same maps with few bots.

hard to detect sarcasm in text messages. Anyways, I find this game to be fun.. Even with the bad netcode. I get more excitement out of each play session than squad. I'll probably be interested in playing squad more when helicopters arrive. But as of right now, squad doesn't seem appealing to me compared to EFT.

this video basically says it all. when Tarkov works, I love it to death. but it doesn't feel consistent enough for me yet to keep pouring hours into, doing repetitive feeling quests after each wipe.

i am a sucker for sitting around watching Fence's goods and buying up high-demand stuff when it pops up. kind of addicting. a clever man could make a fortune buying up USB flash drives and the like and selling them to desperate players on the subreddit.