Z-trooper

A call to arms - YouTubers

Norby   

@Norby In regards to the DemoRec tool, how are we supposed to get the files off of the server considering I doubt we have all of the access you just used, or am I incorrect in that assumption.

Thanks for the brilliant features you guys are adding to help content creators out!

You can use it in local or contact a community server admin of your choice or me if you want to record a scene on a server.

Does that answer your question?

Norby   

I should have rather written it down with nice screenshots and everything.

But that is usgu's domain. I avoid typing if possible :)

Mitsu   

I should have rather written it down with nice screenshots and everything.

But that is usgu's domain. I avoid typing if possible :)

Man, your English is well good! Can't even hear a tiny bit of your german accent. And if I as a german myself hear my fellow germans speak, it kinda makes me cringe sometimes. No offense to ze germans tho'

Edited by Mitsu

Norby   

Bump. 5 days left!

I am quite busy during weekdays but you can always write me pm if you have questions. I get it as mail and will respond quickly.

Man, your English is well good! Can't even hear a tiny bit of your german accent. And if I as a german myself hear my fellow germans speak, it kinda makes me cringe sometimes. No offense to ze germans tho'

It was not always like this. For the last 5 years I have spoken English almost every day, either as part of my university work or in a part time job. Back in 2010 when a team from Oregon State University filmed a documentary about our project my English was not good enough for my interview to make it into the final cut.

Mitsu   

Bump. 5 days left!

I am quite busy during weekdays but you can always write me pm if you have questions. I get it as mail and will respond quickly.

It was not always like this. For the last 5 years I have spoken English almost every day, either as part of my university work or in a part time job. Back in 2010 when a team from Oregon State University filmed a documentary about our project my English was not good enough for my interview to make it into the final cut.

Interesting story but sad to hear that you couldn't make it in back then, but I'm sure as of (for?) now they would've included you for sure!

Edited by Mitsu

I'm working on the third video about "how to medic", I hope to finish and release it tomorrow morning.

So, about those subscribers you were talking about... 

Can someone please make Sir David Attemborough style "Here you see player of Squad, he is only young by playage yada yada" could be hilarious.

I swear,  I will.

This is what I've done (ITALIAN language):

(Last 1.30 minutes are black screen, i'm cutting it now, the video itself it's long just 3.08 [as requested, to be as short as possible])

Antol   

This is what I've done (ITALIAN language):

Good. We need more in non-english langauge.

And very very nice way to implement most common info. Especially from Boot Camps. Big +

Norby   

Nice and short feature overview of Squad DoctorSnailer.

I think there was a slight mistake in the explanation of AAS (but could also be my poor Italian knowledge):

- when you capture a flag that was previously held by the enemy the enemy team looses 20 tickets

- a continues ticket loss for the enemy only occurs when you hold a "bleed-flag" which is usually the last flag before their main base

- a continues ticket loss for the enemy only occurs when you hold a "bleed-flag" which is usually the last flag before their main base

The bleed is so slow it almost seems non-existent. I've been on plenty of teams where we hold the last flag but we still lose. Our ticket loss because of deaths defending the last flag outpaces the ticket bleed. It is almost better to not cap out the enemy team on certain maps.

What are the specifics to ticket bleed? What is the rate per second?

The bleed is so slow it almost seems non-existent. I've been on plenty of team where we hold the last flag but we still lose. Our ticket loss because of deaths defending the last flag outpaces the ticket bleed. It is almost better not capping them out on certain maps.

What are the specifics to ticket bleed? What is the rate per second?

We will be changing this soon. It is far less objective focus than we would like it to be at the moment. 

Some time close after early access launch.

Norby   

How should I start this, because I'd love to have a channel that actually has subscribers.

madmax,

I made a few suggestions on the first page. Use your own style. Try to cover topics which were not covered by others, but are interesting to new players. Keep it interesting and people will watch.

Right people, I'm gathering up tutorials made over the last couple of months in a playlist now. It will take a while to compile them as not all of them are posted here in this thread. 

I'll edit in the link to the playlist after my first pass, if you see your/someone else's tutorials missings please share the link to them here and I will add it!

Thanks again for the people that chose to answer the call, I am confident that you will help hundreds, if not thousands of people over the coming months.

Feel free to continue your series, I'll try to keep the list up to date - but you can help your own channels by making sure you have links to "part 2" ect in your video descriptions if you are doing a series.

Looking forward to playing with ya'll tomorrow!

Feel free to continue your series, I'll try to keep the list up to date - but you can help your own channels by making sure you have links to "part 2" ect in your video descriptions if you are doing a series.

I want to keep on, I will work to show the basics in being a squad leader. 

Good tip about linking videos. Here is mine. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfIFsZWBYQ7fZCxsoI8ybz6_sZY44F9r_