Z-trooper

A call to arms - YouTubers

Norby   

Sorry I can't give an exact date on 3.0. But there will be an announcement as soon as it is decided.

Maybe include something about the spirit of the game, good manners and such? How servers will be run and what they can expect.

I like that idea. Show them that what makes this game so enjoyable is the people playing it.

Maybe include something about the spirit of the game, good manners and such? How servers will be run and what they can expect.

Yes please. I cannot write that in the original post as a developer, but I was crossing my fingers hoping that this would be something that people wanted to emphasize in the videos - without being jerks of course :)

MikeDude   

And please don't say ''Hyper realistic tactical epic shooter mil-sim''

I remember there was a video somewhere with a name similar to that. The facepalm was hard that day.

And the guy was going on how it's a hyper realistic simulator and stuff.

And please don't say ''Hyper realistic tactical epic shooter mil-sim''

I remember there was a video somewhere with a name similar to that. The facepalm was hard that day.

And the guy was going on how it's a hyper realistic simulator and stuff.

Wot  ''Hyper realistic tactical epic shooter mil-sim'' isn't SQD ''Hyper realistic tactical epic shooter mil-sim'' nomore. :D

j/k

From FAQ:

What is Squad?

Squad is an in-development tactical first person shooter built around teamwork and cooperation. It seeks to bridge the rather large gap between arcade shooter and military sim, and is based in large part on the ideas introduced by our predecessor, the Project Reality modification for Battlefield 2.

I can't wait for the release candidate so I can start filming!

Remember, helpful stuff.... I can already see the new guys starting to build super fobs 24/7 after watching your videos :D

*kind of has a crush on Romagnolo*

Remember, helpful stuff.... I can already see the new guys starting to build super fobs 24/7 after watching your videos :D

*kind of has a crush on Romagnolo*

Lol, i was thinking in a FOB building tutorial xD

Antol   

I hope to see tutorials not only explaining game mechanics but about relation between you (new player) to others in your squad and overall to the game. For example:

-What to do in first seconds after joining squad? - saying "Hi, im new to this game".
-To which squad should you join when first time playing Squad? Newbies squad, noob inf, training etc.- there will be squads named in this way for sure during EA Launch.
-What style of gameplay should you expect? Explain that being rifleman or medic when following with your squad, listening to every word from your SL feels really like playing singleplayer in most war fps games. You're just doing orders and its fun to feel this singleplayer aspect in real multiplayer game.
-Once you're good with basic mechanics and culture on map to which squads should you join? What are the first signs of squad with good teamwork without actually joining any squad? In my opinion these are some criteria:
 *squad members are mostly stick around on the map
 *there is SL with officer kit and medics in squad and others are not just with rifleman kit
 *squad is named like ENG INF, INF, MIC INF, TEAMWORK and all that stuff

Request: Can I become an admin so I can activate the fly around camera in game and be able to film? 

Maybe a good idea would be just giving everyone the option to do that an patch it out at Steam EA release, so all of you youtube guys/girls can film some nice fly overs.

Norby   

Maybe a good idea would be just giving everyone the option to do that an patch it out at Steam EA release, so all of you youtube guys/girls can film some nice fly overs.

No way! Just imagine how the rounds would play if half the players would be flying around in camerakit. Camera is very powerful. You can ghost for your squad/team, teleport and rearm.

There is a command to give temporary camerakit permission to a specific player on the server. Only full admins have access to that command, which means only DEV/QA (I think). If you want to film with cameraman you will have to coordiante so someone is on the server to enable it for you. You can for example post here in advance. Please understand that we will not enable camerakit for anyone just for playing around. This is only for serious filming and people who understand the responsibility and will not abuse it.

That´s why I said deactivate it for the release on Steam. But if its easy for you to just add single persons like the sexy Romagnolo then that is much better indeed :P

ImUrBoss   

Re-bumping for visibility.

This thread is more important that it be noticed than what was going on in the other thread.

Re-bumping for visibility.

This thread is more important that it be noticed than what was going on in the other thread.

subbed!

Got you covered next weekend. An entire selection of videos coming out. One for each class. Looks like we had the same idea

Subbed! 

Endgame   

I made a unofficial Gameplay trailer for the upcoming Steam release.

It's not a guide or a tipps and tricks video - but this might help showing non-squaddies this awesome game within 2-3 minutes from the "community view" before they buy it on Steam. Hope that helps :)

BLITZA   

Im gonna re-edit this video to reduce the music level, and probably add another section of video which followed this one. Is this sort of what you're looking at Z? Bit of emphasis on Comms?

oGcsOber   

Im gonna re-edit this video to reduce the music level, and probably add another section of video which followed this one. Is this sort of what you're looking at Z? Bit of emphasis on Comms?

And I thought I was the only one spamming the map key... :)

BLITZA   

Much appreciated. I will take a look at your videos as soon as we are done with the new build

Norby, I will re-upload with song music lowered and the next clip following on.

Thanks!!

And I thought I was the only one spamming the map key... :)

I do it far too much.......it doesn't help when trying to make cinematic videos  :lol:

Dubs   

Made a short video to show some mates squad. Edited it fast, nothing special, just shows some cool moments. Its good to say they'll be purchasing squad on the 15th.

Norby   

@Blitza: Using your uncommented gameplay footage for a tutorial might work for people who know the game. But someone who has never played the game will most likely dont know whats going on. You might want to consider explaining what you are doing and why. The image quality also seemed not as good as in other videos. Youtube converts all videos you upload and for some codecs really messes them up. Maybe try different render settings.

@Endgame & Dubs: I personally enjoy these frag video edits. Intense fights, nice cuts and good music choice.

In this particular thread we are looking for tutorials though, to help new players find into the game and teach the more experienced players all tricks.

I made a short tutorial how to use DemoRec function in squad for you guys:

You can use it in local or contact a community server admin of your choice or me if you want to record a scene on a server.

Now that you have the build there is 9 days left until Steam release. Get the cameras rolling!

@Norby In regards to the DemoRec tool, how are we supposed to get the files off of the server considering I doubt we have all of the access you just used, or am I incorrect in that assumption.

Thanks for the brilliant features you guys are adding to help content creators out!