Z-trooper

A call to arms - YouTubers

Hi community!

As you know, we are coming to Steam on the 15th of December. This means lots of new people will be joining the game!

We all know that the first few games aren't easy, and there are a number of mechanics that aren't immediately apparent to the naked eye either.

Lots of new people means that those of you who are YouTubers, aspiring or veteran, and wish to have more subscribers and channel views - here is an outstanding chance to create some tutorial content, quick start guides, tactics videos, tips and tricks ect. to make sure that the new guys find your videos/channels!

I would advise waiting with any filming until the next closed alpha version is out, but if you want to take on this project, you can start planning the content now.

I'll do my very best to make sure that we get an official playlist going with community tutorials and that we include a link to this in our launch info and news updates around launch time.

We will be creating a very short 'quick start guide' ourselves, but we are well aware that even an official tutorial, won't hit all of the player population.

Ask your questions, and post links to your videos in this thread.

This is also a golden opportunity to help raise the level of play just a tiny bit from day 1 ;)

If only I had a certain tool again....    :wacko:

I am working on a min 5 quick start version of this :

I love making tutorials. I'll start brainstorming for some tutorial-ish video content. Hope some more well known Youtubers around here are inspired to do similar, i've seen people on the forums mention YT videos they've seen of Squad in passing; good video content can definitely leave a lasting effect on people.

Word. 

"How to be a team player"  will be my first video.  Vehicles would make the videos so much more interesting ;)

If only I had a certain tool again....    :wacko:

*cough* admin cam *cough coghghaghag*   (PS that was your 667 post, damn i missed the devil post)

Sadly no Squad Leader tier here:/
Maybe some langauge oriented tutorials so they will be much more understandable for each communities? Or at least subtitles on videos. I can translate to Polish.
Very good initiative Z!

Maybe some langauge oriented tutorials so they will be much more understandable for each communities? Or at least subtitles on videos. I can translate to polish.

Language specific tutorial are very welcome too. So if you speak more than one language, consider doing both :)

Not everyone is awesome at English :)

Like i said: i have no access to closed-alpha stage so i will be only able to make some tutorials in Polish langauge after 15th.
Until then i will follow this thread for tutorials from others and will try to add some correct subtitles under them.

Others that are in the same situation like me can contribute in the same way with other langauges.

Much appreciated Antol.

Tutorials are still welcome after the 15th, and we will try to update the list for a few weeks after that, so don't let that discourage you :)

I will be your contact for any questions you have about these tutorials.

Regarding content:

- no need to cover current install/login procedures as these are replaced by steam

- ini tweaks are not needed since the ingame menu is getting a major overhaul

focus on gameplay for now, for example

Basic:

-comms,

-joining squad,

-kit selection (restrictions),

-spawning (FOB, RP system),

-map usage

-game modes & objectives

SL tutorial would also be great

And if your setup is uncommon in any way and there are special steps necessary to get it to work a tutorial about that will be valuable aswell.

Of course you are free to do whatever videos you like. However submitting WIP and asking for feedback (here in public or just me) will improve the quality. Also keep in mind a lot of people would rather watch a short and conclusive video.

Maybe you can also come up with personal gameplay tips that make the video interesting for Squad veterans aswell.

I am looking forward to working with you!

Norby has volunteered his services to help with some of the book keeping and feedback. (Just wanted to confirm the message above).

One addition to Norby's comments is that short videos are preferred for the "quick start" type of videos.

BUT, longer videos are welcome too. Some people want the full story and the details too. Though I think shorter / topic specific videos will get you more hits if that is what you are looking for.  

but making videos is hard :(  streaming them is much easier no editing required

i'll stick with streaming :)

Re-bumping for visibility.

This thread is more important that it be noticed than what was going on in the other thread.

Hi community!

As you know, we are coming to Steam on the 15th of December. This means lots of new people will be joining the game!

We all know that the first few games aren't easy, and there are a number of mechanics that aren't immediately apparent to the naked eye either.

Lots of new people means that those of you who are YouTubers, aspiring or veteran, and wish to have more subscribers and channel views - here is an outstanding chance to create some tutorial content, quick start guides, tactics videos, tips and tricks ect. to make sure that the new guys find your videos/channels!

I would advise waiting with any filming until the next closed alpha version is out, but if you want to take on this project, you can start planning the content now.

I'll do my very best to make sure that we get an official playlist going with community tutorials and that we include a link to this in our launch info and news updates around launch time.

We will be creating a very short 'quick start guide' ourselves, but we are well aware that even an official tutorial, won't hit all of the player population.

Ask your questions, and post links to your videos in this thread.

This is also a golden opportunity to help raise the level of play just a tiny bit from day 1 ;)

Got you covered next weekend. An entire selection of videos coming out. One for each class. Looks like we had the same idea

Z-trooper, I'm just trying to clarify something.

Much appreciated Antol.

Tutorials are still welcome after the 15th, and we will try to update the list for a few weeks after that, so don't let that discourage you :)

It sounds as though you're saying wait to film until the next alpha is out, yet the playlist will mainly be done by the 15th.

Does that mean the SL backers are going to have access a few days earlier or am I just being thick and require another explanation?

Frosty,

there will be another closed alpha release (3.0) before the game hits steam early access. You will be able to make tutorials in this version and upload them before the 15th.

Also direct questions about this at me, The DEVs are busy working on the game.

Frosty,

there will be another closed alpha release (3.0) before the game hits steam early access. You will be able to make tutorials in this version and upload them before the 15th.

Maybe include something about the spirit of the game, good manners and such? How servers will be run and what they can expect.

Frosty,

Totally agree. Since it was from Z I posed the question to him, obviously I'm glad to hear the answer from anyone with the information.

Do we have any indication for when 3.0 will drop? I know I'm greedy and I haven't done my daily browsing before posting so someone might have asked / answered already.