Sign in to follow this  
Valmont

AK-12

I am just gonna leave this here...

The Kalashnikov AK-12 (formerly АK-200) is the newest derivative of the Soviet/Russian AK-pattern series of assault rifles and was proposed for possible general issue to the Russian Army.[5] In late September 2013, the AK-12 was passed over by the Russian military,[6] but it was announced in December 2014 that it had passed state tests and now is being evaluated by Russian Army as well as its competitor the A-545(modernized AEK-971).[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12#/media/File:AK-12_Engineering_technologies_international_forum_-_2012_01.jpg

Searching for "ak-12" doesn't give results, but there aremany threads about it on the forums.

Devs won't implement AK-12. In my opinion, it is right desicion.

If it manages to be set in stone, while we are still developing Squad, that at AK-12 will see service on regular army front line units, then maybe we will make it. Until then, we aren't wasting our time making weapons that are on trial with armed forces around the world.

If it manages to be set in stone, while we are still developing Squad, that at AK-12 will see service on regular army front line units, then maybe we will make it. Until then, we aren't wasting our time making weapons that are on trial with armed forces around the world.

Totally Agree.

That AK-12 sure is sexy thou... and it fixes so many small issues remainig with the old design... I hope it makes it into the Russian Army and therefore into Squad.

its shame though. why cant both elite and regular forces be represented? i mean looking at the models the gear looks very modern, and some us forces have fast helmets, which is normally worn by elite units?

its shame though. why cant both elite and regular forces be represented? i mean looking at the models the gear looks very modern, and some us forces have fast helmets, which is normally worn by elite units?

The US are placeholder assets and when they are redone it will be regular troops with regular gear.

Special forces simply aren't within the scope of the game because apart from cool guns and gear they don't bring much to the table in terms of teamwork. They are built to operate independently, which goes against what Squad is.

And please, only revive one old thread at a time especially when you're saying essentially the same thing.

AK12 and A545 are unlike to see service

Russia "adopts" a lot of things but a lot of it goes down the drain just as fast. Remember the Groza?

I think the more likely weapon to be adopted and fielded en masse will be the newer AK74M kits.

I think the more likely weapon to be adopted and fielded en masse will be the AK74M (for modernized, a la the AKM).

that would be M2

I think the more likely weapon to be adopted and fielded en masse will be the newer AK74M kits.

It's already in the game right? I've seen myself reload a black AK ingame.

Yea adding the AK 12 for Russian regulars would be like adding the M4A1 block 2 for Army Regulars in this game. Not very realistic. Awesome weapon though. Kalashnikov would be so proud. 

Yea adding the AK 12 for Russian regulars would be like adding the M4A1 block 2 for Army Regulars in this game. Not very realistic. Awesome weapon though. Kalashnikov would be so proud. 

Has it even passed state trials?

It looks like those rifles people would only jump to cos it just has the cool I'm-gonna-stick-rails-all-over-and-woah-bolt-hold-open-devices-and-plastic feel. Like the AN-94.

Meanwhile in Battlefield's universe:

The time is 2020. The Russians decided to cancel the trails and adopt the prototype versions of the A545 and AK12.

Has it even passed state trials?

It looks like those rifles people would only jump to cos it just has the cool I'm-gonna-stick-rails-all-over-and-woah-bolt-hold-open-devices-and-plastic feel. Like the AN-94.

Meanwhile in Battlefield's universe:

The time is 2020. The Russians decided to cancel the trails and adopt the prototype versions of the A545 and AK12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12          

It's actually an awesome weapon. If you watch the video in the OP.. the honorable Larry Vickers explains the ergonomical advantages it has over a regular AK74M. It has passed state trials and I predict it will be adopted over the A545 just because it's a simpler and proven platform.

EDIT: Actually I agree with the above post that the updated AK74M will probably be adopted just out of pure cost. US Army is doing something similar right now actually. After my last deployment we turned our M4's in to armament.. They came back with heavy barrel's and Auto triggers. They literally scratched out "M4" and engraved M4A1 underneath it. Gotta love it lol

only SF units doing that.

they don't bring much to the table in terms of teamwork. They are built to operate independently, which goes against what Squad is.

Sort of, Not really. SOF units do work in conjunction with regular military units, depending on the situation and operation. SOF rely on team work, they would be the epitome of teamwork to be honest. While being trained to work as solid independent groups and soldiers, they're also extremely effective working amongst more conventional/regular forces.

But I do agree with SOF based units not working in squad, just how the game is designed around the regular soldier in the field.

You will probably get special forces with mods in the future.

Sort of, Not really. SOF units do work in conjunction with regular military units, depending on the situation and operation. SOF rely on team work, they would be the epitome of teamwork to be honest. While being trained to work as solid independent groups and soldiers, they're also extremely effective working amongst more conventional/regular forces.

But I do agree with SOF based units not working in squad, just how the game is designed around the regular soldier in the field.

I wouldn't even bother, dude. To most people here, SOF dudes are the equivalent of unicorn minotaurs with EOTechs. 

The Russians did switch over to a new upgraded variant of their aks. Comes with some new rails and such, but is still very much the same rifle. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/06/new-photos-of-ak-74-upgrade-package-for-russian-army-courtesy-larry-vickers/

The Russians did switch over to a new upgraded variant of their aks. Comes with some new rails and such, but is still very much the same rifle. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/06/new-photos-of-ak-74-upgrade-package-for-russian-army-courtesy-larry-vickers/

They haven't made the switch yet, As with any large military it'll take a long time before they're actually able to equip the newer rifles in significant numbers, and still there will be a lot of older models floating around.

I mean, the US army still hasn't phased out the M16a2 completely with the M16a4 that is being phased out by the M4 which is being phased out by the M4a1. It took them like 40 years to phase out the M60. 

I didn't realize Squad took place in 2016, not the near future. But okay, it's obvious the Ak-12 is going to become standard issue for the contract soldiers in the RF.

uh no lol

I didn't realize Squad took place in 2016, not the near future. But okay, it's obvious the Ak-12 is going to become standard issue for the contract soldiers in the RF.

supergun00A3.jpg

xm8.jpg

WTW-G11-and-reloading-unit.jpg

1441464.jpg