Hi guys,

I'm having a difficult time choosing between a high end laptop :

I7 6700 + GTX980m GSYNC+ 16 RAM DDR4 + 256 Gb SSD + 1 Tb 7200 : 2199 E

or a medium end laptop :

i5 6600

GTX970m + Gsync

8 Gb RAM DDR4

120Gb SSD+ 1Tb 7200

1750e  + GTX 980ti ( http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-hybrid-gaming-6-go-122966.html)or GTX 980 (http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique/evga-geforce-gtx-980-superclocked-acx-2-0-4-go-109165.html).

I have currently a gtx 970 Phantom and i7 4790k but I was wondering maybe getting the same GPU for a SLI but none of my game including squad is SLI compatible.....

is there a big performance GAP between my GTX 970 @ 1325Mhz ( turbo boost 2.0) and the GTX 980TI  ( the OC looks insane)?

I'm currently an apprentice ( at Thales) which is 500 km away for home, so during my working period for the company, I rend an apartment but i have no laptop, and I can't imagine to have nothing during the 6 months period ( Avril to September 2016), so I high end laptop is welcomed to play squad and Xplane10 in correct condition. However after that I will work and have an apartment and i'll have two high end gaming rigs which is useless, so in the long run the 2199e version will be useless and lots of money wasted. but I don't know if the 970m will be strong enough for squad if i want to play squad on my laptop when I'm on vacation...... 

I would go for the high end laptop, the gpu's wouldn't SLI anyway as they have a different core, the card needs to be similar.

Also why get average of two when you can get good of both (your 970 is still a fantastic card).

I would go for the high end laptop, the gpu's wouldn't SLI anyway as they have a different core, the card needs to be similar.

Also why get average of two when you can get good of both (your 970 is still a fantastic card).

Well

i have 3 choices :

High end laptop

medium end laptop + 980TI

medium laptopn + 970 Phantom for a SLI

EDIT :

Well I'll wait for the pascal GPU xD so i'll go for the high end laptop

That's more like it :) the pascal GPU's are going to blow your socks off haha

If I was renting an apartment 500km away from my house for 6 months i would just move my gaming rig and not buy any laptop?

I travel by TgV ( train).......