Play_LORD

Permanent damage

Maybe every time you take damage, a little bit of your health bar turns red, meaning that that bit can no longer be healed. Not a lot, but enough to make you rely less on medics and more on not taking damage. Also sorry, I don't play squad so idk if there is a health bar.

Maybe every time you take damage, a little bit of your health bar turns red, meaning that that bit can no longer be healed. Not a lot, but enough to make you rely less on medics and more on not taking damage. Also sorry, I don't play squad so idk if there is a health bar.

so you don't play squad but you want to make suggestions on how to improve it?

Well I plan on buying it in the near future and as far as I'm concerned, this is not in the game. I also think it will add to the gameplay.

First off there is no health bar and secondly it only takes two to three shots to down someone so your suggestion is redundant.

^. Plus, this is a realistic game. IRL, i dont think you have healthbars on your HUD

Well do medics fully heal you?

Edit: and a health bar is not necessary for my idea to work.

Your suggestion is unnecessary because if a downed player got revived and does not get fully healed for a variety of reasons then he cannot be revived again. Plus how much health will you take off to have a impact on gameplay. by your suggestion a tiny little bit will not have an effect on the revived player

All I'm saying is that a medic irl won't be able to fill a gaping hole in your arm with what he brings to the field. Sure he can patch it up, but at the end of the day, a chunk of your arm is still missing. Again, not saying half your health should be gone, but enough to make you more conscious about taking damage.

There's a fine line between making a game realistic & fully realistic.

Sometimes things seem good on paper, but when implemented it sucks the fun away. Squad has a nice balance of fun factor & realism currently.

Guys, let's not be ignorant just because he didn't play the game.

​Every idea is worth something, at least if it's not one that has been stated a million times.

Would make sense to not be completely healed up, I find it would be worth a try to some extent.

​Being healed up completely from uncounscious and able to run at the enemy full auto just 30 seconds after is not "very realistic", so the argument is there - to some extent.

​If you're talking about game balance only, then I think trying out something like this wouldn't be too much of a problem.

There will be persistent damage on revived and patched characters the devs have already said that as I understood it. "wounded states" I think its going to be called.

But not quite like how you are suggesting it.

There will be persistent damage on revived and patched characters the devs have already said that as I understood it. "wounded states" I think its going to be called.

But not quite like how you are suggesting it.

Just for reference, where did you read this?

Do you possibly have a link?

am I the only one who read this and thought "This is exactly the rad system in fallout minus the radaway" ?

Also this would discourage waiting for a medic,
If I have to pick between waiting for a medic and spawning with a chunk of my max health unavailable vs spawing at the rally point 20 feet away, ill probably tell the medic to not waste his patch on me because then I'm kind of a liability, I have a higher chance of dieing and slowing my squad down.

Also this would discourage waiting for a medic,

If I have to pick between waiting for a medic and spawning with a chunk of my max health unavailable vs spawing at the rally point 20 feet away, ill probably tell the medic to not waste his patch on me because then I'm kind of a liability, I have a higher chance of dieing and slowing my squad down.

Hmmm... it would discourage the most people, as they don't give a flicking shmo about the team's tickets when they give up, good point.

How about you can get both legs blown off and live. You can then be emplaced like a pillbox by squad leader :)

so you don't play squad but you want to make suggestions on how to improve it?

Don't comment in this fashion again, I couldn't care less if he hasn't played the game, he could have watched it streaming or maybe he just wants to interact with the community.

Folks if you want to get on my bad side make ignorant statements like this.

Well I plan on buying it in the near future and as far as I'm concerned, this is not in the game. I also think it will add to the gameplay.

You don't have to explain yourself, you are suggesting something which is perfectly valid, if a little unguided.

Remember that there will be more advanced FOB´s sometime in the future, it is planned to insert medic tents you can build and maybe if they are in you maybe wont be able to "full heal" a player as a medic and you will need an "end heal" (thats what we called in in arma 2 ace) in the medic tent.

Remember that there will be more advanced FOB´s sometime in the future, it is planned to insert medic tents you can build and maybe if they are in you maybe wont be able to "full heal" a player as a medic and you will need an "end heal" (thats what we called in in arma 2 ace) in the medic tent.

I will just call this un-cripple.

foz7mkr.jpg