Sign in to follow this  
NorthDumpling

Price for Russian Federation/Russia

Hello everyone,I am big fan of Project Reality and as time going further,I would like to buy Squad which set for me as next-gen Project Reality, so I want to ask a Dev Team about pricing in Russia.

I know, maybe 35-40$ not so much for you guys, as i heard a lot of people bying games by 60$. But here in Russia its a very big price, at all, it will cost me 2500 rubles, but back in 2013 it would cost 40$ was 1500 rubles. Pretty much,huh? 

So, what you guys think about this, should I pay as everyone else, or could I buy at a fair price?

Hopefully Putin & Obama are getting it on for some ISIS kicking ass moments...Maybe then the Ruble will pickup some strengh?,well i doubt it,to be honest!.

Hope to see you in Squad comrade!.

Quote from IrOnTaXi

There will be regional pricing
Whatever steam typically supports

Those who's really tight on money (and I mean really) had ~8 months to save up these poor 30 bucks, like, don't buy that beer once in a while and stuff like that, 2000 (for now) is not much for an one time purchase for any working man. Not at all. Guess how much devs have after gaben and sweeney get their cut of your ~15 bucks? I'd say I'ts okay to not lower it at early access.

As far as getting the game for a lower price, it looks like you could buy the game before December 15 at 30 US Dollars (by pre-purchasing) which would covert to 1939.94 Russian Ruble. Then you can play on December 15.
Or you could wait until December 15 and pay 39.99 US Dollars which converts to
2585.93 Russian Ruble.

The people who have payed more have payed for the more expensive pre-purchasing packages, like the Squad Leader package that is available until December 15 that is 70 US Dollars, which converts to
4526.52 Russian Ruble. That package currently lets people play as soon as possible.

--

The regional pricing refers to directly converting currency. For example, the 70 US Dollars package is currently about 93 Canadian Dollars.

I feel that this is as fair as possible, though it's unfortunate when a country's dollar makes it harder to get the things you want :(

A price that goes deeper into factors like levels of disposable income in particular regions could be problematic for a different reasons, like that everyone has different levels of income even within the same area. Another layer of potential trouble could also come from people buying the game at a lower regional price and reselling it for a profit.

--

I hope that's a good response. If there's any errors let me know.

I hope that you'll be able to play Squad NorthDumpling!

As far as getting the game for a lower price, it looks like you could buy the game before December 15 at 30 US Dollars (by pre-purchasing) which would covert to 1939.94 Russian Ruble. Then you can play on December 15.

Or you could wait until December 15 and pay 39.99 US Dollars which converts to 2585.93 Russian Ruble.

The people who have payed more have payed for the more expensive pre-purchasing packages, like the Squad Leader package that is available until December 15 that is 70 US Dollars, which converts to 4526.52 Russian Ruble. That package currently lets people play as soon as possible.

--

The regional pricing refers to directly converting currency. For example, the 70 US Dollars package is currently about 93 Canadian Dollars.

I feel that this is as fair as possible, though it's unfortunate when a country's dollar makes it harder to get the things you want :(

A price that goes deeper into factors like levels of disposable income in particular regions could be problematic for a different reasons, like that everyone has different levels of income even within the same area. Another layer of potential trouble could also come from people buying the game at a lower regional price and reselling it for a profit.

--

I hope that's a good response. If there's any errors let me know.

I hope that you'll be able to play Squad NorthDumpling!

Thanks for a good response. And after your message I think its fair enough for me to pay 30$ or at least 40$, but i've been quite busy to do that in time, so i got some more time to buy special package or moreover do a pre-order by 30$.

Uh, with that price 2500 rubles, probably hordes of crazy schoolboys won't be able to play, but your average Russian worker can buy it no sweat. I spend more on just one visit of cafe or restaurant. So not to worry. 

I do worry about regional locking though, because that usually means enforced russian language for a game on all users from Russia and enforced boring isolated server reservations for Russians only and blocking of Western servers for Russian versions of games as if Russian are carrying some infection lol - that is the reason I don't play WoW and some other mmorpgs and mmrts with regional lockings. I'd gladly pay full price and enjoy full game afar from crazy Russian schoolboys who mastered the art of ruining the fun for normal people. Russian servers of any game is an epitome of complete chaos and madness - i don't want to be a part of it. 

I can't understand why people are asking for price drops so early in the development of the game. This game is already a complete bargain for the money you are paying.

You will be playing this game for a long, long time. I can guarantee that as I am someone who get's fed up with games VERY QUICKLY, and I have been on Squad every single night since I purchased.

There is no need for sales, flash or otherwise, or a reduction in price. Pay the developers for their work. 

Would you go to work for half price? No, you would be insulted, and I imagine the developers feel the same way.

We will be using Steam's pricing model. This means that $39.99 USD will be 699RUB based on market value. However, if you get a different region version, it will be region locked meaning you can only play it in that region.

We will be using Steam's pricing model. This means that $39.99 USD will be 699RUB based on market value. However, if you get a different region version, it will be region locked meaning you can only play it in that region.

Good to read, thanks for the info :)

Oh, it is too much even for Black Friday, I'm not sure russians have deserved it :)

You are talking about EA or release price?

EA, but that is default steam price, we will probably change it slightly to fit our pricing model. So the price i said above is what steam prepopulated but will not be our final region price.

EA, but that is default steam price, we will probably change it slightly to fit our pricing model. So the price i said above is what steam prepopulated but will not be our final region price.

Oh I see, so you guys are still negotiating.

Well, let's hope whatever decision is taken, it will attract as many players as possible :D

Are we going all politics again? :P

Again? Did I miss something?

Sweet, may I PM you? It's all about business and community building.

This is some really great news! Should be pinned on the top of the thread! (ran away to tell the friends...)

What about those from Russia who already bought for full kickstarter price? Will they be region blocked by ip too? Or would they have ability to play on global servers, in any other region? 

And another question, if they are isolated in one region, what would happen if servers in that region are almost empty?(PR never was massively popular game, it has limited audience who can appreciate it, and thats is when it is free) You can't play this game with 5 or 10 or 15 people, you need at least 40 or 60 constantly present on server to actually enjoy it (PR).  

What about those from Russia who already bought for full kickstarter price? Will they be region blocked by ip too? Or would they have ability to play on global servers, in any other region? 

And another question, if they are isolated in one region, what would happen if servers in that region are almost empty?(PR never was massively popular game, it has limited audience who can appreciate it, and thats is when it is free) You can't play this game with 5 or 10 or 15 people, you need at least 40 or 60 constantly present on server to actually enjoy it (PR).  

these locks work like you can't buy it for rubles and then send as a gift to someone from different country (to prevent reselling) 

The region locking is only if purchased on steam. Those with KS backing will get non region locked versions. The region locking only applies to where the client can be ran from. It doesn't lock which servers you can join. Region locked clients can join any server they want.

Basically, if you buy a Russian copy, you will only be able to start the game if you are in Russia.  The game is the same between regions, and you'll be able to join any server, just the act of starting the game is region locked.

This is to prevent people from buying Russian game keys in bulk and reselling them to other regions in USD/EUR for a profit.  Region locking the game launch (but not joining servers) is the best of both worlds, as someone not in Russia would have to use a VPN to play their game and deal with the lag.