Sign in to follow this  
ploddit

CPU Usage

I have an i5 2500k at 42 multiplier so 4.2Ghz, GTX970, 8GB RAM, P8Z68, Evo SSD, 212 Evo.

Squad on a dead screen had my CPU at 78% (from task manager god knows how what that shows in terms of cores)

The moment I launch the Squad shortcut I can hear the fans speeding up - I understand and expect a game like this to make the system sweat in firefights or heavy MP action but the moment I start it up seems a little strange.

Is anyone else getting anything odd like this?

Didn't had this problem(I7 4790k), but it's only normal the cpu start to work harder when you launch the game.

When on dead screen how long does it stay on high%? Probably few sec, then it's normal

Seems to stay on (too?) high usage - I went afk when i returned it was still high with the fans audibly loud.

Squad chews a lot of my CPU.  Temps jump from 29C standard to 50C stable when running Squad.

I have an i5 2500k at 42 multiplier so 4.2Ghz, GTX970, 8GB RAM, P8Z68, Evo SSD, 212 Evo.

Squad on a dead screen had my CPU at 78% (from task manager god knows how what that shows in terms of cores)

The moment I launch the Squad shortcut I can hear the fans speeding up - I understand and expect a game like this to make the system sweat in firefights or heavy MP action but the moment I start it up seems a little strange.

Is anyone else getting anything odd like this?

Its common,the CPU and Disk IO are working hard when you launch anything.

After being a dead screen for 5 minutes CPU usage in task manager shows 75% when alt tabbed, straight after alt tabing it is showing around 85%.

Right now infact it is stil 85% (and 2500M/B).

Even with squad in the first opening screen the brown one my CPU use is at 16%?

Is this normal?

My i5 3570k was running pretty high/hot whilst playing Squad..enough that it cooked my thermal paste.. Took it apart and reapplied paste and seems to be running a little better and cooler now!

I do agree it is fairly CPU intensive

Intensive is fine, but the alt tab or opening screen CPU usage seems excessive in my case.

If someone could alt tab on their dead screen and see what task manager says CPU usage is I'd be grateful.

PR opening screen alt tabbed which has much more going on right now is showing 0,2% usage.....