Z-trooper

Kits, Roles, Limits and Steam launch

It still makes it too easy to "steal" kits from a squad that actually needed the LAT or breacher or whatever.

Well the simpliest decision is to remove any specail kit every time you leave any squads.

Removing the kit when leaving the squad is definitely something we are fans of, the problem is that it isnt a quick fix.

I never want to see it as a resupply option to leave a squad to get a fresh magazine in a basic kit's rifle.

And to make the ammo/field dressings ect. transferable for such a kit swap is actually quite hard and time consuming - hence why we haven't done it yet.

Rest assured that it is on our radar!

Well the simpliest decision is to remove any specail kit every time you leave any squads.

But what if I was an SL and I wanted to give my LAT soldier to another SL? (for example, everyone in the squad dies except the LAT, so I want to give him to a nearby squad, since he can't walk all the way back to the spawnpoint to regroup with us) Should it be outright impossible to allow someone to leave my squad with a special kit? Should there be a way for Squad Leaders to "give permission" to players to leave the squad with the kit?

But what if I was an SL and I wanted to give my LAT soldier to another SL? (for example, everyone in the squad dies except the LAT, so I want to give him to a nearby squad, since he can't walk all the way back to the spawnpoint to regroup with us) Should it be outright impossible to allow someone to leave my squad with a special kit? Should there be a way for Squad Leaders to "give permission" to players to leave the squad with the kit?

Maybe a time counter like we have in PR with enemy kits? Like when you are not in a squad with a special kit after "x minutes" you will loose your kit?

But then what if someone joins a squad, steals a marksman rifle, and then makes his own squad and continues to lonewolf just like before? Or he just joins some kind of "no english" or "free kit" squad on the team?

I don't think time-based or automatic systems will work in this situation. There is no way for the game to figure out what the player's intention is. I think the SL should be able to micromanage and say "I will allow the LAT kit to leave my squad, but not the Automatic Rifleman Kit".

But then what if someone joins a squad, steals a marksman rifle, and then makes his own squad and continues to lonewolf just like before? Or he just joins some kind of "no english" or "free kit" squad on the team?

I don't think time-based or automatic systems will work in this situation. There is no way for the game to figure out what the player's intention is. I think the SL should be able to micromanage and say "I will allow the LAT kit to leave my squad, but not the Automatic Rifleman Kit".

You are totally right! +1 for a squid exchange program!

Hey, also a suggestion: i personally HATE SNIPERZ because this dudes arent do any teamplay and i allways want to restrict this kit for everyone in my squad, sometimes i want to restrict HAT and so on. So it will be great if there be a feature for squad leaders to restrict squad members to act like an assholes use some particular kits. What do you think about it? Thanks.

Also:

LAT
Kit limit is upped to 2 of these classes per squad when there are 8 players\

Holy shit! :D

Isnt it unfair for vehicles to have 2 lats in every squad?

It can end in disaster for those who like vehicles...

I like the way you can drop your kit in PR and someone else can pick it up. I hope that eventually this is a thing, without too many restrictions.

+1 for medic with two players. Just makes more sense really. The rest of the restrictions are awesome!

Medic is now at 2 people. People will be able to have an SL and Medic ready to take on a batch of recruits.

Medic is now at 2 people. People will be able to have an SL and Medic ready to take on a batch of recruits.

<3 <6 <12 <24 <yougetit

Epic!

It isn't just me working on this. It is a collaborative effort of a handful of us. I'm just the guy that is dumb enough to post stuff here.

We are still working on a couple of things.

As mentioned before - a limit to how many "fancy" kits you can have allocated to your squad, so there will still be some riflemen left.

Also it seems like we will have a way to deal with people joining a squad, grabbing a fancy kit and then leaving again. Turns out that the coding part of the solution wasn't as time consuming as we had feared. If you grab a kit and then leave, you will be left with a base weapon, bandages and a shovel. Your ammo and bandages will be transfered to the weapon, so you don't automatically get a new fresh weapon and bandages as a reward for leaving.

More on this when we have completed and tested it.

It isn't just me working on this. It is a collaborative effort of a handful of us. I'm just the guy that is dumb enough to post stuff here.

We are still working on a couple of things.

As mentioned before - a limit to how many "fancy" kits you can have allocated to your squad, so there will still be some riflemen left.

Also it seems like we will have a way to deal with people joining a squad, grabbing a fancy kit and then leaving again. Turns out that the coding part of the solution wasn't as time consuming as we had feared. If you grab a kit and then leave, you will be left with a base weapon, bandages and a shovel. Your ammo and bandages will be transfered to the weapon, so you don't automatically get a new fresh weapon and bandages as a reward for leaving.

More on this when we have completed and tested it.

You guys really are shit hot!! Can I get a job with you...tea boy maybe?

I'm just the guy that is dumb enough to post stuff here.

But this is why you're our favourite  :rolleyes:

Good job devs with kits so far! Lone wolfes will have hard life in this game:) So this kit system will be released on Steam build or sooner?

To avoid confusion, maybe the unavailable kits should be greyed out with some text indicator instead of not being visable at all.

I'm just the guy that is dumb enough to post stuff here.

But you are also really handsome, that´s why we all are fans of you! :3

Just a computer spec question for the Steam Early Access Release and eventually Official Release, what minimum specs are you guys trying to aim for?

the Generally mid spec Mainstream OEM PC , or the slightly higher spec OEM PC or the at least a Nvidia GT 740 Spec PC? 

Cos even though I'd like to play this when it's out , I do have a "potato" Graphic card GT 640 currently (Asus ROG CG 8480)...

I don't like removing INS grenadier without having something to replace it with yet...

They get 2 rpgs in their squad.

Not nearly the same imo.

Nope...its a lot better! Once vehicles are in, the need for RPGs will be greater and we will now have them.