Sign in to follow this  
Elirah

Longlasting smoke and dust effects

I would like to see that dust and smoke from grenades, bombs and other impact effects last longer than just 3 seconds.

I remember pre PR 1.0 where the dust did last longer and i was really sad that the new effects removed that long dust everywhere.

The reason i want that is just that it feels much more realistic that you cant see much at the impact area of a grenade or bomb.

If i survived a bombdrop near me, i want to walk through a thick mist and get the hell out of there. :)

Dont know how bad it is on performance and balancing it out through the different graphicsettings. I guess one of them where the reason to remove it in PR.

It's a good idea and would look and feel really immersive with a real dusty battlefield but like Jamil sais dust and such have a huge performance hit so people with a weaker system would struggle i think. Also dust and foliage isn't something that should be tweakable as that would give the people who play at a lower graphics settings an unfair advantage.

It's a good idea and would look and feel really immersive with a real dusty battlefield but like Jamil sais dust and such have a huge performance hit so people with a weaker system would struggle i think. Also dust and foliage isn't something that should be tweakable as that would give the people who play at a lower graphics settings an unfair advantage.

yeah, thats is the only issue I currently see. Maybe somewhen in the future :)

It should be a high priority that you cant have an andvantage through graphicsettings.

But maybe the devs think about a clever solution for that.

90% of the real footage i have seen of the middle eastern enviroment doesn't have the weird floating dust anywhere. Why would that be immersive??? Because they have it in other games?

EDIT: didnt read trough, i wanted to say that i dont like the default dust flying around the ground, like they have it in insurgency, cod and other ones. grenade, bullet impact and that stuff makes sense

Building for the future is smarter than worrying about whatever low-end rigs are running currently. This game won't be complete for more than a year or so and if you want people playing it for years to come you need to build for what the norm is in 3-5 years not right now

Building for the future is smarter than worrying about whatever low-end rigs are running currently. This game won't be complete for more than a year or so and if you want people playing it for years to come you need to build for what the norm is in 3-5 years not right now

yea this. 

more/longer smoke would be more realistic oc

Current combat footage shows alot more than we knew before so pls let them make some short dust blowout effects whenever a m249 is placed on top of a dirt wall and starts firing. Same with every gun in a Dusty environment.