Sign in to follow this  
WARti0k0ne -BG-

Adaptive maps

Hey,

Just an idea that deserves to be thrown out.

Adaptive map assets ie. tank respawn times and so worth that prevents spamming in small amount of assets in situations where the server doesn't have as much players what the map is designed to have.

So in short maps adjust its certain resources based on the amount of players playing it. In example no fighter jets if there is only 40 players etc. So the turn and game experience not turn to a spam of one or to assets, mainly heavy fighting vehicles.

This suggestion is based my few years and few kilohours of game time in another [once] big combined arms fps game.

A spark to make atlast this thread arised from another thread: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/557-what-tools-and-features-would-you-like-to-see-for-servers/page-2

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

kilohours, i like that :P 

I think that is a really cool idea, have the server do a playercount check before deciding a spawn time for each vehicle, possibly adjustable by server owners?

I think that is a really cool idea, have the server do a playercount check before deciding a spawn time for each vehicle, possibly adjustable by server owners?

Yeah server side option would be good to have to toggle it on/off or linearly adjust somehow to make it possible to have option to play "tank spam" if some group like that.

Edit. In optimum world the server will adjust them also while the turn is going so if great amount of players will leave or enter it will adjust spawn times or turn them off/on complitely "on fly".

kilohours, i like that :P

Hehee :D

yea goof idea, and i think Squad automatically is going to have some version of this.

what game were u talking about ? the"big combined arms fps game"

Yeah the usefulness boils down much how the basic assets work in the beginning, but if there is maps with several tank + attack helos + jets it might have advantage to limit those in way or another if the playerbase is down ie. server is in seeding stage.

what game were u talking about ? the"big combined arms fps game"

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/joint-operations-typhoon-rising-review/1900-6101128/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/joint-operations-escalation-qanda-final-thoughts/1100-6113205/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/joint-operations-escalation-hands-on-new-vehicles-graphics-maps/1100-6110781/

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Good idea PR even has this sort of system in already as some servers has it that you don't get APC's before 20v20 and it works great like that. 

This leads to another issue which must not be unheard: the ever-present serveradministration and guys with moderate rights; who will take care of griefers (which will be present in such a "serious game" especially regarding the hopefully huge playeramount in comparison). Is there any plans yet how to replace that mechanic? i mean all i ever play on pc is pr, and all i see is admins if you see my point. starting with mapvotes, such things like kicks.. or even bans, rules á la MEC fortress/rushing/OP ofcourse. Sorry if there's already a topic on this !

This leads to another issue which must not be unheard: the ever-present serveradministration and guys with moderate rights; who will take care of griefers (which will be present in such a "serious game" especially regarding the hopefully huge playeramount in comparison). Is there any plans yet how to replace that mechanic? i mean all i ever play on pc is pr, and all i see is admins if you see my point. starting with mapvotes, such things like kicks.. or even bans, rules á la MEC fortress/rushing/OP ofcourse. Sorry if there's already a topic on this !

Sorry mate, I can't understand your point. Can you write it again.

Well I'm talking about what happens as soon as the last admin leaves their server in Project Reality. Usually: At least one will take advantage of the situation and do the really F'ed up stuff, the things like blowing up the Insurgents' vehicle IED in mainbase repeatedly, killing everybody in the blastradius and as well making the heaviest asset unavailable for another 15 min. And if the mod stays absent he will do it again after those 15 min. Happens frequently. Or the vehicle one manning and stealing APCs, tanks, all the griefing that occurs then. 

Will the servers be private in squad? If yes youll need the same system as now which i mentioned before, maybe include votekick as an option for the players so you can get rid of that one guy that just doesnt look at the map (one of the unrealistic things which are absolutely necessary)? The other kind are the folks who do all that on purpose. A blacklist system could work.

I mean look at GTA online they a have a bad sports-pool and one for the good-sports, certain actions make you fall below a level after that youll only connect to bad-sports lobbies where only guys you alike are

my guess it's too early at this stage of development

MMmmm. How teamkillers and teamsaboteurs relate to adaptive assets.. Friendly fire kick/ban limit is one that lessens such players. Mechanic to spawn quicker such asset that is blown in own base maybe.

I really like this, it was always a problem with PR that people would take assets before it was allowed, 

or they take assets as soon it is allowed and it will wreck everything.