Freakshow

2014 /2015 Ukrainian Armed Conflict; Factions & Maps

I think it would be a great addition to the game to have the Ukrainian conflict featured in the game or as a DLC. I could see this conflict make for great AAS maps . Would be awesome to see grads in this if possible !

Factions:

Ukranian Army (National guard, volunteer battalions)

Novorussian Army ( DPR, LNR , local militias)

-Equipment used

Maps:

AAS

Second Battle of the Donetsk Airport

The airport has been a hotbed of fighting and activity as both sides have fought over and completely destroyed it. Would be interesting to see destructible buildings in this one.

Battle of Horlivka

Ins

Battle of Mariupol 

Siege of Sloviansk

I think someone is working on the Ukrainian faction for PR right now; the progress seems to be pretty good so far, though I don't think there has been any updates recently. I think it would be fantastic to see a current conflict represented in Squad.

On another note, I've been drawing up the Donetsk Airport ATC in SketchUp for fun C: 

ThCUCbI.jpg

I second this, it would be a chilling experience to say the least fighting battles that people are currently engaged in. Would give you a different perspective on the Ukrainian war.

yes, in time

I second this, it would be a chilling experience to say the least fighting battles that people are currently engaged in. Would give you a different perspective on the Ukrainian war.

is that already how PR is with US Army vs Taliban [wink wink] insurgents and other games?

For me it is. I can more appreciate the dangerous hard work that soldiers actually do overseas.

For me it is. I can more appreciate the dangerous hard work that soldiers actually do overseas.

^

hope Squad doesnt stray from this too far in the name of pc/respect/controversy etc

^

hope Squad doesnt stray from this too far in the name of pc/respect/controversy etc

That would really suck. I really don't fancy the US vs taliban ins layers mostly due to the crappy cache spawns and lack of a truly defensible location ie. underground cache's.

Just watched the newest Vice dispatch in Ukraine.

The industrial and urban landscape around the Azovstal steel works plants seems like an interesting place for a Squad map. If and when I am proficient enough with UE4, Ukraine conflict maps would be my first choice C: 

This is a great idea.
It would be my pleasure in hunting down some Ukrainian -no judgement- with Somali or Battalion Sparta  :) 
By the way guys, don't watch VICE if you want to know the truth... Check a youtube channel called "Kazzura"
The guy took some time to translate all the videos on english language, so you have the subtitles. Another one is "Graham Philips" from UK who went to Ukraine to show the truth.
Cheers,
Rain

First and last warning, don't bring politics here or we'll infract. - Spec

Edited by Spec
Sorry, was being judgemental myself. Edited my snark out.

Just wanted to show off the fact that I finished the ATC in Sketch Up :3

2GgLnVL.jpg

nhcy6yh.jpg

Exported it to .fbx file for UE4 and it came out pretty messy :/ 

KUkvbD4.jpg

i dont see the point in a Ukrine war Map or multiple ones, if it would be somewhat realistic 75% of the time the guys on the Ukrine army would have to fire with Artilery and mortar at the zivilians without getting punished and CNN runing on a Big TV screen in the middle of the map saying "russia is to blame " over and over again

Just wanted to show off the fact that I finished the ATC in Sketch Up :3

2GgLnVL.jpg

nhcy6yh.jpg

Exported it to .fbx file for UE4 and it came out pretty messy :/

KUkvbD4.jpg

Pretty nice looking, how many polys?

Pretty nice looking, how many polys?

43 340 

I'm still learning and figuring out importing stuff from Sketch Up. I know I really should use Maya or 3dsMax or Blender, but I've grown very attached to architectural drawing in Sketch Up.

43 340

I'm still learning and figuring out importing stuff from Sketch Up. I know I really should use Maya or 3dsMax or Blender, but I've grown very attached to architectural drawing in Sketch Up.

SketchUp's great for buildings, it's just that you sometimes end up with ridiculously high poly models

The model looks pretty good....sadly the airport today is nothing more than a pile of rubble :(. Deffinately feel that looking at some of the more noteable battles of this conflict will set the project apart even further from other games which exist today. I also think taking a look at the Russian Federation's ongoing battle with Chechnya may be somthing to explore further.

The model looks pretty good....sadly the airport today is nothing more than a pile of rubble :(. Deffinately feel that looking at some of the more noteable battles of this conflict will set the project apart even further from other games which exist today. I also think taking a look at the Russian Federation's ongoing battle with Chechnya may be somthing to explore further.

destructible environments? lol jk...

Would be nice to see this brought up again. The Ukrainian Army is a pretty unique faction in terms of the equipment they use (everything from their uniforms to their MBTs and APCs are pretty unique). Meanwhile, the Novorossiyan Army would make a good standard faction and would allow for a lot of reuse from what will eventually be the full Russian Army loadout for a faction that is still unique.