PCDT.CR

Special Forces

Peerun   
On 11/27/2015 at 1:10 PM, ZiGreen said:

YLja2xl.jpg

I know this is off topic, but imagine this family gets stranded in a warzone. They all run and, but obviously this little guy can't keep up. After a few minutes the APCs come over the horizon and it cuts to a view from the thermal just looking at the silhouette of this contraption.
That'd make you stem cells laugh, wouldn't it.

kev2go   

War on ISIS over IRaq & Syria. Another  example of a conficlt against  Militias  where the "boots on the ground" effort  right now is entirely  lead by Special Operations groups.

Edited by kev2go

Nossa   

There are PLENTY of FPS'es that focus on special operations. Squad focuses on conventional forces and has pretty much always been that way since project reality. Besides, a special operations kit won't be that much different than what a whole squad could provide. You still get mines, explosives, GL's, and light machine guns. The only advantage that i think a SOF team should or would have would be things like suppressors, or for a JTAC(Joint tactical air controller) role to have a Laser designator. Those 2 advantages could be had by just a regular squad though so i wouldn't see the point of SOF forces.

Predator   

Suppressors are not just SF equipment. The M110 comes with the suppressor and is designed to be used by regular infantry.

Special Forces in Squad would not make sense. Everyone seems to be special already. And the militia/insurgent forces are very special, indeed. They have beards, no dress code and play with explosives.

However, with air forces in Squad, there needs to be eyes on the ground for coordinating air traffic and communicating 9liners. Imagine every SL requesting priority CAS or MedEvac.

In the end, it is a matter of hierarchy and command structure. Someone needs to be more special than the others to plan the grand scheme of manslaughter and logi-madness.

Predator   
1 minute ago, Devon said:

It's time to stop.

Your sarcasm senses should be tingling. But it is rather ironic that a squad based game adds air and land warfare without liason or means to coordinate forces, don't you think?

Devon   
1 minute ago, Predator said:

Your sarcasm senses should be tingling. But it is rather ironic that a squad based game adds air and land warfare without liason or means to coordinate forces, don't you think?

Just to clarify, what you're saying is players don't have a means to coordinate?

CptDirty   

Yeah for realism, there's Arma3 Realism Units out there. My personal opinion on the matter is let Squad's base game be conventional units and leave the extra saucy realism special forces 9 liners CASEVAC silencers to the modders and units that will use custom servers for that in the future when it becomes available. 

kev2go   
11 hours ago, Nossa said:

There are PLENTY of FPS'es that focus on special operations. Squad focuses on conventional forces and has pretty much always been that way since project reality. Besides, a special operations kit won't be that much different than what a whole squad could provide. You still get mines, explosives, GL's, and light machine guns. The only advantage that i think a SOF team should or would have would be things like suppressors, or for a JTAC(Joint tactical air controller) role to have a Laser designator. Those 2 advantages could be had by just a regular squad though so i wouldn't see the point of SOF forces.

not really.

Besides there is nothing wrong with focusing on conventional warfare whislt adding a SF faction. gamemode. Gameplay mechanics of current Squad dont have to turn into something different to have this experience.

again il Refer to Americas army vanilla and the SF mode. Again apparently you don;t read that it would be much more than that iF for American faction a they focused on the Army special Forces Group ( green berets) since in youd have a hanfull of Americans mixed in leading an Indigenous Insurgent team(s) into battle, which would be unique enough that it would be more than just reskinned soldiers using the same weapons.

So yest there would be a difference m4A1 Sopmod. Plus there would be a greater variation of Accessories. Some Green berets units have used the FN SCAR in recent years as a alternative to the m4.

For Russian SF groups this would mean a modernized Ak74M  ( with railings, more accessories), Modded AK74SU , as well as the Ak12.

personally if people dont see a problem with having the USMC faction, no reason there cant be consideration for SF. Especially when down the road there will be armored warfare with tanks, as well as the inclusion of helicopters and Possibly fixed wing jets.

3 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Yeah for realism, there's Arma3 Realism Units out there. My personal opinion on the matter is let Squad's base game be conventional units and leave the extra saucy realism special forces 9 liners CASEVAC silencers to the modders and units that will use custom servers for that in the future when it becomes available. 

don't be a SF o phobe

Given the Importance of Special operations especially the latest of conflicts they deserve to have a place in Squad.

It could be an opportunity for a small expansion IE extra $$ for devs.

Edited by kev2go

Odin   
On 9/9/2017 at 1:36 AM, Odin said:

@kev2go

We won't be incorporating any SOF units into the vanilla game. But this does leave it wide open for modders to have a field day with. 

The stance from the very beginning is this and won't be changing. SQUAD will focus on conventional forces only. But as I said, there will be plenty of SF mods out there guaranteed. I'm sure the amazing modding community that is out there will come up with some very interesting things. 

kev2go   
10 minutes ago, Odin said:

The stance from the very beginning is this and won't be changing. SQUAD will focus on conventional forces only. But as I said, there will be plenty of SF mods out there guaranteed. I'm sure the amazing modding community that is out there will come up with some very interesting things. 

why?

You guys will run out of things to develop eventually after finishing the Base game. What then? Ahh a opportunity SF Expansion. 

you can still focus on conventional warfare. Adding SF wouldn't somehow threaten rest of ground forces branch. Similarly given how important Combined arms are in the modern environment Squad would not be as dynamic without Ground vehicles ( or future plans for Aviation.) 

Edited by kev2go

Odin   
1 minute ago, kev2go said:

why?

You guys will run out of things to develop eventually after finishing the BAse game. what then? Ahh a SF Expansion. 

you can still focus on conventional warfare. Adding SF wouldn't somehow threaten rest of ground forces branch.

The game designers have said from the very beginning that we will be focusing on the conventional armies. I am not really sure how else to put it. That is just the way it is. We have said that from the very beginning.  I would highly encourage you to head over to the Squad Modding Hub and talk to some of the modders there. There may be some that are already working on it, you never know.