PCDT.CR

Special Forces

PCDT.CR   

There should be a C-130 a Special Forces team can spawn into and have the animation to jump out and pull the cord. And these types of insertions for each team. For example for US the special forces should be rangers and Russian should be spetsnaz which should have their own unique insertion.  

PCDT.CR   

I think the devs mentioned at some point that there will probably not be special forces in this game, just conventional units.

Welcome to the forums btw

Ok well then have "conventional units" jump out of planes.

Ok well then have "conventional units" jump out of planes.

Actually yes, a good amount of sections of the US military has conventional units jumping out of planes or otherwise trained in bootcamp to be able to do so

Hey this is a pretty nifty idea ha. However I don't foresee this being done anytime soon. This idea kind of brings me to the "America's Army 2" game play, where you had missions where Airborne detachments would para-jump, which was really cool. This would be a great feature to have in this game eventually!

Grey   

Actually yes, a good amount of sections of the US military has conventional units jumping out of planes or otherwise trained in bootcamp to be able to do so

BCT most definitely does not include Jump School.

SlumLord   

Honestly, as this game grows, I could see a SF type role being filled. I dunno, I just think this game will have some serious legs. The engine has a seriously long life in it.

The thing with PR and squad is you don't need the game to tell you what kind of squad you are.  If you want a special forces squad then make a special forces squad.  Make it your squad's focus to go behind enemy lines with primary objectives of laying mines, taking out fobs, and other strategic objectives.  If you want a tactical insertion then have a trans pilot insert you deep behind enemy lines.

PCDT.CR   

The thing with PR and squad is you don't need the game to tell you what kind of squad you are.  If you want a special forces squad then make a special forces squad.  Make it your squad's focus to go behind enemy lines with primary objectives of laying mines, taking out fobs, and other strategic objectives.  If you want a tactical insertion then have a trans pilot insert you deep behind enemy lines.

I'm not only talking about one special forces team with one insertion. I'm talking about every special forces team have their own unique insertions. c-130 or not.

No special forces coming. Plenty of games out there about special forces. Like every FPS basically.

Or wait for a mod to make special forces.

ZiGreen   

No special forces coming. Plenty of games out there about special forces. Like every FPS basically.

Sometimes Squad look like bitch slap for modern FPS mainstream. You don't get beard, fancy tab or title, you don't operate, you don't 360 scope, you are f*ckin worthless cannon fodder, so read the manual, take your cheap rifle and gonna die under tank trucks, by single bullet, you'll bleed, you'll cry and call for medic, YOU, NAMELESS WALKING CORPSE. Hell, I really like it.

PCDT.CR   

you apparently didn't read before you posted that. Special forces would be replaced as "conventional units". And I don't really think they touched base with "Conventional Units"

BLITZA   

you apparently didn't read before you posted that. Special forces would be replaced as "conventional units". And I don't really think they touched base with "Conventional Units"

He was answering your original query, where you ask for specific SF like Rangers/Spetsnaz. 

Sometimes Squad look like bitch slap for modern FPS mainstream. You don't get beard, fancy tab or title, you don't operate, you don't 360 scope, you are f*ckin worthless cannon fodder, so read the manual, take your cheap rifle and gonna die under tank trucks, by single bullet, you'll bleed, you'll cry and call for medic, YOU, NAMELESS WALKING CORPSE. Hell, I really like it.

that's is some poetry right there.

Special Forces, meaning Green Berets? Or Special Operations? Because U.S Army 75th Rangers would be an ideal version of it, since they operate like a grunt unit just with more training and better budget.

IRONXBAY   

whats ironic about SF being in so many games and media nowadays anyway is that it seems antithetical to how most of them wish to stay 'silent professionals,' and sometimes the dudes that come out and try to garner fame and fortune because of their time spent as special forces of some kind end up being shunned by the other guys in those communities because they still believe in being silent professionals.

kev2go   

Kinda Necro But TBH in the future there should be consideration for SOF unit factions.

Especially when you read about post 9/11 era about counterterrism and Counter Insurgency iT was JSOC and SOCOM that were essentially spearheading the main efforts role in Afghanistan and especially in IRaQ. Although thier successes reamained hidden or simply praised as general efforts due to colation forces, IT wa them not Regular units that took the Most important missions, that were crucial to OBjectives the policy makers needed to get done.

It was JSOC that hunted down Everything from Top AL queda leaders to MId and lower level leaders. tearing apart the terrorist network 1 by 1  and reducing the insurgency rate greatly for conventional forces as well as the amount of suicide bombings. IT was Stan McChrystal who went with the Philosophy To defeat a Network you must become a network" reogrinazing special operations commands to a efficient war machine. During both IRaq and afghan warswars SOF units had some of the highest operational tempos, to the point that polcity makers were concered they didnt have enough SF guys in reserve for CT missions in other countries or IN reserve for Hostage Rescue scenarios. In post 9/111 world SOF forces grew exponentional.

More than ever today have SOF groups been more relevant then ever. Frankly its criminal to not have SF forces as a sort of expansion. Look i get this is mostly about Regualr units and it still can be But Honestly its Criminal in todays  time  for SF units to not get any consideration via Representation in a Tactical realistic shooter like Squad.

Besides It would very much add some more intriguing gameplay without having to vastly Change current gamplay. A Special forces expansion did not Ruin or overtake Conventional Infantry combat that was Americas Army 2.8. It worked out quite well. was mostly focused on the US army special forces ( Green berets) with most missions staying true to SF doctrine with a Small tam of SF guys leading a Team full indigenous forces that they trained.  against enemy forces. combine that with some more unique objective sets add some new skins, and Maybe some more accessories or a SF favored weapon Liek the HK416 and your golden.

AS a former AA player i have to say was a great tactical shooter for its time ( Inital AA was  a 2002 release) and the SF expansion to base game, worked well. Loads of fun.

Another mission leading some Indigenous FOrces

Edited by kev2go

Odin   

@kev2go

We won't be incorporating any SOF units into the vanilla game. But this does leave it wide open for modders to have a field day with. 

40mmrain   

Sof in squad would be easy to implement. Just have an asset that a squad can claim in the same way they can a tank. This turns their kits into SOF kits which have goodies like more and better optics, suppressors, the option to carry enemy weapons, more explosives, higher stamina, and other bonuses and assets. The squad can then act as recon infantry, FAC, artillery spotters, behind enemy line disruptors, etc.

kev2go   
6 hours ago, Odin said:

@kev2go

We won't be incorporating any SOF units into the vanilla game. But this does leave it wide open for modders to have a field day with. 

its a shame you dont want to consider this.

kev2go   
5 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

Sof in squad would be easy to implement. Just have an asset that a squad can claim in the same way they can a tank. This turns their kits into SOF kits which have goodies like more and better optics, suppressors, the option to carry enemy weapons, more explosives, higher stamina, and other bonuses and assets. The squad can then act as recon infantry, FAC, artillery spotters, behind enemy line disruptors, etc.

that could work too but i was thinking in the akin of having their own maps as well with  more specific sets of objectives.

PLus specifically US ARmy Green Berets would make for compeling gameplay due to how they operate. With the Indigenous forces of a respective country that they trained up theyd would a divide thier A team ( 12 troops between 3-4 guys per force,  say leading a Platoon- company sized groups filled with local forces against enemy forces. )

So I wasnt just thinking of entire team full of a sf squad conducint a mission

imagine a mixed force of just a few american SF guys with a larger Insurgent/ militia type force fighting against other forces.  Which is what is more or less shown, In the second Video SF hospital.   

Ie

Early days of Afghanistan intervention is another clear cut example of  Special operations spearheaded campaign( in 2001  it was almost entirely SF troops) and how Green Berets specifically, were instrumental in leading the Northern alliance militiamen ( looser of the afghan civil war) against Taliban  with Aerial Support vs simply using large amounts  Conventional boots on the ground to accomplish their goals.

Edited by kev2go