JohnnyMalandrao

Soldier/model customization

Hi all

First of all id like to apologize if this discution already exists. ive searched up to the 4th page of topics and havent found anything like it.

Id like to know what do you guys think and make somekind of suggestion about one being able to make little costumizations on the soldier. By that i dont mean to be able to custom in somehow to make a 'spy' or something like that (just like in pr old times getting enemy kit).

What i mean is: somehow you be able to change your soldiers helmet (choose between 3 or 4 helmets types), if the soldier haves knee pads on the left or right knee or elbows (or in both), if the soldier is left or right-handed, if he knees on the left or right knee, if he carrys that camel cantil (for bluefor). Also: what skin color my soldier have, if he have a beard or if he shaves, if he have long or short hair.... you know, stuff like that would be really cool... i dont think that choosing the soldiers height is a good idea, it changes the gameplay and the hitbox, but its also a topic.

But id like to say that these kind of stuff should not interfer with my teammates or enemies, just little customizations that wont make any difference in knowing if that guy is a friend or enemy ( http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/6447-interactive-kit-model-system/ )

I dont want to make any comparison to PR, but when you log in some server you get some random skin, and the soldiers skin also changes depending on which kit he has. thats nice and shouldnt interfeer in this kind of customization that i am suggestin (or it should? - if you want, please talk about this).

Anyway, i was thinking about this and wanted to share with you guys. If you found this interesting, please reply and lets discuss!

(sorry about my limited english, but i feel like i made myself comprehensible)

I think there has been a bit of prior discussion about a modular soldier customization system. Slight alternatives to gear set up / camo. I'd certainly like to see certain aspects of it.

Quite a long thread about it here, it has not been touched in a while but might be worth having a look through it;

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4090-more-guns-and-being-able-to-change-equipment/page-20?

Some good camo suggestions here too;

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5660-restricted-uniform-customization/?hl=%2Bchange+%2Bcamo#entry92794

I believe they said it is possible and something that though have thought about, but as Z-Troopers signature says, there is a long time left in development.

A lot of what we think of now we will possibly see in the full game. A lot of what we think of now the Devs thought of 6 months back.

The steam release is soon and this should enable a more steady roll out of updates. 

Looking forward to seeing what they are able to implement and come up with during that time.

I feel like it should be supported by the devs with some system in place but left alone and let the modders handle different ones. I am for modding support. 

I'd really, really like something like this too. Eventually.

Also, welcome to the forums!

I'd really, really like something like this too. Eventually.

Agreed. As long as it stays true to the realistic aspect that they are going for. For instance, maybe a plate carrier over an IOTV (those us who have worn both you know why plate carrier ftw) different kit layouts, different aid bags for medics, or maybe the option to have different types of packs. Again though, realism comes in. You aren't going to see a normal U.S. infantryman running around with a wetsuit, beard, tiger stripe camo, and the sweet tactical, tacticallyness backwards ballcap. (I'm looking at you Arma) 

Along with the OP, I believe it should be something simple, no 20 headshots to unlock nonsense or anything that affects gameplay, just simple cosmetic stuff. Different ways to set your character up that's within the scope of realism for the faction you're playing as at the time. 

I'd really, really like something like this too. Eventually.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Agreed. As long as it stays true to the realistic aspect that they are going for. For instance, maybe a plate carrier over an IOTV (those us who have worn both you know why plate carrier ftw) different kit layouts, different aid bags for medics, or maybe the option to have different types of packs. Again though, realism comes in. You aren't going to see a normal U.S. infantryman running around with a wetsuit, beard, tiger stripe camo, and the sweet tactical, tacticallyness backwards ballcap. (I'm looking at you Arma) 

Along with the OP, I believe it should be something simple, no 20 headshots to unlock nonsense or anything that affects gameplay, just simple cosmetic stuff. Different ways to set your character up that's within the scope of realism for the faction you're playing as at the time. 

Yeah, realistic all the time, just simple cosmetic stuff that dont make any interference in knowing if the soldier is ally or enemy - this is the hardest part, making variants for uniforms and clothing of one 'faction model' and still make them different somehow.

I like the idea that you have to 'unlock' somekind of stuff like a helmet with little folliage or miltary sunglasses or camel cantil or even diferent types of medic backpack.

But what i think about the most is the simple option to choose your skin from those pre-determined ones, they are really cool, but i think it would be nicer if they were not random. Just like CS old times, in 1.5, where you could choose between those 4 skins for each faction - simple as that.

Later on i imagine some screen or option on the main menu called "Soldier Customization", you enter a screen that you can create and custom your soldier to each faction. You have the model on the middle and on the sides the skin variants and the cosmetics and make your own: skin color, heair, beard, knee pads, etc.

I think there has been a bit of prior discussion about a modular soldier customization system. Slight alternatives to gear set up / camo. I'd certainly like to see certain aspects of it.

Quite a long thread about it here, it has not been touched in a while but might be worth having a look through it;

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4090-more-guns-and-being-able-to-change-equipment/page-20?

Some good camo suggestions here too;

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5660-restricted-uniform-customization/?hl=%2Bchange+%2Bcamo#entry92794

Cool stuff!