Sign in to follow this  
Whiz

Long Decal Lifetime.

I have always liked the detail of bullet holes and casings and enjoy it when after a firefight you can see how the firefight played out.

It's always an immersion breaker when you see bullet holes and casings disappear in front of your eyes so i hope that his game will either give you the option to tweak the decal life time or that you just give them a long life time. Thing such as bullet holes, bullet casings and magazines on the ground just looks cool after a crazy firefight.

I think in other video games there's an option to turn it on or off, but it last through out the round of the game.

a lot of games allow players to set how many decals (bullet holes, blood stains, etc) and for how long the stay in world, and i hope Squad is no different. counter strike had this many years ago so its nothing new. i also would like player-side control over how long the "dead-dead" bodies remain in world too.

OP, I've posted something similar.  : http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/606-bullets-impacts/

From the developpers ANDERS :

Oh you mean decals!  :) Yeah, it's coming and it will be something you haven't seen in most shooters.  :) We have to figure out the best way performance wise to handle bullet decals and how long they could stay. I don't think (personally) that they need to stay for hours though. But sure more than 5 seconds."

Gunbattle dead bodies with long life time would be so cool to with ragdoll collisions. I'd be so sweet! :D

Nice info Cmbelitle it's nice to know that the devs are taking all the small details serious. I am sure this game will give us the much needed tactical experience and immersion we have all been waiting for!