Sign in to follow this  
bumfluff

Animations

Hi guys. I know it is early days but please think hard long term about adding variety and depth with human animations.

We all want realism and nothing detracts more or breaks from realism than seeing characters running around like stiff little robots all moving the same way.

Everything I have seen from u guys so far assures me u are on the right path and i am sure you will do the same here.

I get the sinking feeling that OP underestimates how difficult natural animations are to achieve. Not to say that Squad will have subpar animations, quite the opposite, it's just animations require a lot of time to get right. You can also be confident in superb animations as the developer in charge of that is amazing.

I'm personally looking forward to the animation improvements over-time, especially those for the medic class for healing and bandaging!

That's kind of how arma is dealing with dynamic environment variables. Thin line between quality and performance.

I get the sinking feeling that OP underestimates how difficult natural animations are to achieve. 

But we have Chuc! 

Hi guys. I know it is early days but please think hard long term about adding variety and depth with human animations.

We all want realism and nothing detracts more or breaks from realism than seeing characters running around like stiff little robots all moving the same way.

Everything I have seen from u guys so far assures me u are on the right path and i am sure you will do the same here.

In time it will happen, we lost the programmer that was suppose to redo the animation system, so we are kind of stuck where we are for now. However, once EA passes and the fundamental vehicle system is in, hopefully we can start to work on animations again, so Chuc can do what he does best, make awesome animations.

I'm personally looking forward to the animation improvements over-time, especially those for the medic class for healing and bandaging!

There will be new animations in the future, but that won't happen for a bit, good portion of the team is working on vehicles at the moment.

we lost the programmer that was suppose to redo the animation system, so we are kind of stuck where we are for now.

What happened to the programmer?

What worries me is that devs in the past said that giving the soldiers lowered weapons in 3p is not a priority. Constantly raised weapons looks absolutely terrible and even old PR fixed that.

What worries me is that devs in the past said that giving the soldiers lowered weapons in 3p is not a priority. Constantly raised weapons looks absolutely terrible and even old PR fixed that.

Pr "fixed that"/changed it after 5 or 6 years of develpoment tme. Squad is still in Alpha. And if you want a purely cosmetic change (like PR's) then that surely shouldn't be top priorety right now? Personlly i would prefer getting ground vehicles or helicopters in game.

It is not our immediate priority, no, but a lowered weapon system will be in before we release 1.0 (this does not reference EA, I am talking within the next 1 to 1.5 years left of development).

New, as in got all setup and then bailed.

Sad to hear but I have a feeling you can only benefit from this. Onwards and upwards!

It is not our immediate priority, no, but a lowered weapon system will be in before we release 1.0 (this does not reference EA, I am talking within the next 1 to 1.5 years left of development).

Good to hear :)