cKy

The amount of lonewolves has risen!

Hey guys ,

so lately I've noticed that the amount of lone wolves in the game has risen. in few levels than what we had before ,

if it's people that opening a squad of one to get that acog or rpg..

or those who don't like to take orders and get separated from the squad on a quest of killing everyone

just so they can have a amazing k/d ratio on the scoreboard afterwards.

imo , it destroying slowly the game.. you enter a 20 people server and find yourself with 5 squads on each side... -_-"

any thoughts?

Hey guys ,

so lately I've noticed that the amount of lone wolves in the game has risen. in few levels than what we had before ,

if it's people that opening a squad of one to get that acog or rpg..

or those who don't like to take orders and get separated from the squad on a quest of killing everyone

just so they can have a amazing k/d ratio on the scoreboard afterwards.

imo , it destroying slowly the game.. you enter a 20 people server and find yourself with 5 squads on each side... -_-"

any thoughts?

Don't know I haven't been playing for ages (like 1½ months) too much whirl in RL. One way is just be "activist" and jump gaming with the loners and see what they are up to and maybe provide information of communications and all what is build to the game.

Well yes and no.

Seing US soldiers lonewolfing is sad.
Being pinned down by a well trained insurgent with an SVD is pretty intense.

I don't mind seeing one to two insurgents sticking together. But the fact that a machinegunner og a guy with an ACOG runs around in the mountains of Afghanistan on their own is plain stupid and unrealistic IMO.

Squad is not being destroyed... have you seen the amount of people joining clans and the amount of work going into trying to get organized clan matches going lately? Squad is just fine.

What Iron said (still weird calling you that haha). Squad is not being destroyed just because there are more lone wolves then usual. This will be a pattern with every single release including after the final game is out. Threads about tactics, Tutorials and the clan community will help alleviate a lot of this newbie pain we are all feeling but it isn't going to go away. Even PR and long term franchises like cod and BF have lonewolf/newb probs.

Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX, on 13 Nov 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:

^Gotta agree with tbe above comments. Squad will not be destroyed by 1 or 2 lonewolfers?.

^Gotta agree with tbe above comments. Squad will not be destroyed by 1 or 2 lonewolfers?.

i agree it wont with one or two lonewolves.. but that's why i gave today as an example.

went in on a 25 ish people server and i saw 5 squads on each side. because all of them wanted the rockets or the long range sights.

so yeah, today was the first day i closed squad and said i rather go play something else for now.

and another point,

people joining clans doesnt mean anything about the game. organizing a clan match is good and all but it doesnt say anything about the game.

the thing that worries me is what will happend when it will go on steam. 

I don't mind seeing one to two insurgents sticking together. But the fact that a machinegunner og a guy with an ACOG runs around in the mountains of Afghanistan on their own is plain stupid and unrealistic IMO.

and yeah it is realistic that way when you got a one/two even 3 man squads on the insurgent side just trying to hide and camp..

but yet again this game is about team work , so going alone imo is not good for the spirit of the game.

of course your squad lead can order 2 to go that way and the rest that way , that's fine . it's those lonewolves that usually dont communicate (or do communicate by saying "i need a medic " cuz they died on the other side of the map)

This is why I dont play alone with randoms.

Other people in the community may criticize me for this but I have better things to do than gamble my time and energy hoping I end up with a semi-competent team.

I will, however, gladly jump in to a game with an otherwise bad team if I can get one or two of my mates with me and hopefully at least one other solid SL.

grabbing a limited kit in a 1 man squad will soon not be an option any more. That should solve some of the issues of lone wolfing, and kit spam abusing.

grabbing a limited kit in a 1 man squad will soon not be an option any more. That should solve some of the issues of lone wolfing, and kit spam abusing.

that's a wonderful thing to hear :) 

Lonewolf camping tags giving out for $30.00 dollars good for only 5 rounds! Lets mark these lonewolfs by giving them animal heads in game?

I think maybe it could be new players trying to figure the game out. Not sure! Just a guess. I like the idea of joining their squad to see what they're about of if they need assistance of any kind.

That is a good thing but couldn't people just join a squad, choose their role, spawn in and then leave the squad? How will that pan out? Maybe force a suicide and be stripped of their role/class if they leave or the squad leader kicks them out of the squad? Then players would most likely follow their SL's orders because if they get kicked they would end up at the deployment all alone with the most basic role/class. Seems like it could be one way around this issue.

But what if I was a SL who wanted to give my LAT soldier to another SL because we both agreed his squad was more likely to encounter an APC? Should the LAT soldier be killed for leaving the squad?

But what if I was a SL who wanted to give my LAT soldier to another SL because we both agreed his squad was more likely to encounter an APC? Should the LAT soldier be killed for leaving the squad?

I think that can be resolved with fire teams assignments or by simply just using local VoIP.

That is a good thing but couldn't people just join a squad, choose their role, spawn in and then leave the squad? How will that pan out? Maybe force a suicide and be stripped of their role/class if they leave or the squad leader kicks them out of the squad? Then players would most likely follow their SL's orders because if they get kicked they would end up at the deployment all alone with the most basic role/class. Seems like it would be the only way around this issue.

This sort of thing is past normal levels of 'annoying player' and more in the realm of 'worthless troll' so it usually got handled by admins in PR once it was reported to them.

We are going to have growing pains and a lot of them in what I imagine will be a series of waves. It is a fact folks are just going to have to get used to. 

Training mode could temporarily be made to send the player to the Local Singleplayer server where they will be able to test out the kits just as well- if not easier. Many of them might not know that the Singleplayer has the same access to everything available in multiplayer.

Suggestion

Have to be in a Squad to choose class.

Only squad of 3+ can have a DM (Sniper), AR, Grenadier, RPG/LAW, and if you drop out of squad it switches you to Rifleman.

After ammount of time after start of round if your not in a squad your head turns into a wolfs head and anyone can shoot him from both sides...:) OPEN SEASON!

After ammount of time after start of round if your not in a squad your head turns into a wolfs head and anyone can shoot him from both sides... :) OPEN SEASON!

I see zombie mode... +1 ;)

Suggestion

Have to be in a Squad to choose class.

Only squad of 3+ can have a DM (Sniper), AR, Grenadier, RPG/LAW, and if you drop out of squad it switches you to Rifleman.

On its way.