Sign in to follow this  
GrassEh

Sound propagation

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is implemented in the game, but is there any sound propagation simulation ? I don't think i've noticed it.

This means, when there are some obstacle between the sound source and the listener (let's say a wall or a dune), the sound should be muffled.

Arma simulates it pretty well. I think Battlefield does it too and Rainbow Six too.

That would be nice to have it in Squad (if not already in).

Thanks.

yes there is ;)

read the last few updates, in there i think. I tested it on an empty server with a buddy. You cant hear it, but others can

yes there is ;)

read the last few updates, in there i think. I tested it on an empty server with a buddy. You cant hear it, but others can

Thanks. But what do you mean with the fact I can't hear it but others can? Do you mean it's not very audible and only some people with good ears can hear it ?

I've been having no sound during recent engagements, incoming and outgoing. Can hear teamates screaming directions all the while taking indirect and direct with no bullet cracks or explosions.  just the animations for it and after 3-9 seconds explosions and bullet cracks are back.

Having the FOBS acting as Radio relays (or building a small dish).  Being within the Relays ensures signal between squads in an area - if it goes down, then the distance is drasticly shortened and squads will need to move in closer - possibly have radio trucks to help this out.

Someone mentioned in another thread that replacing ambient radio sounds with random Squad leaders talking to each other - to the Comd, would be great incentive to defends said positions so the enemy doesnt gather intel on your location.

All these exciting ideas lol

Having the FOBS acting as Radio relays (or building a small dish).  Being within the Relays ensures signal between squads in an area - if it goes down, then the distance is drasticly shortened and squads will need to move in closer - possibly have radio trucks to help this out.

Someone mentioned in another thread that replacing ambient radio sounds with random Squad leaders talking to each other - to the Comd, would be great incentive to defends said positions so the enemy doesnt gather intel on your location.

All these exciting ideas lol

Devs will never put an extra barrier on coms. Gameplay > Realism.