Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

On supply crates

1) To deploy supply crates from helos, please require helos to land and remain on the ground for and during deployment; taking off during deployment ought to cancel it. Dropping supply crates from five meters above ground is idiotic.

2) Pardon my ignorance, but will there by cargo and transport variants of logistics trucks? If so, can the cargo variant have supply crates in the cargo bay to reflect this, as opposed to the cargo variant having a cover and the transport variant not having one, as in PR? And when one supply crate has been dropped from a logie, what about allowing troops to occupy the now unused half of the cargo bay, and when both supply crates have been deployed allow the whole cargo bay to be occupied?

I like the idea of a chopper having to land in order to drop off supplies. Requires the squad/chopper pilot to coordinate things a bit more.

I think either para in the supply crates or land as you say.

Just a note I think PR is a bad comparison regarding graphical systems, treat PR 100% as an exception to the rule, just purely because it's modifying the code set out to achieve something different from what the BF2 devs had in mind.

I want to see them parachuted in and I want the crates to have collision so that if the crate actually lands on someone then another ticket is lost along with a hideous death scream!!! 

I believe this is a conversation to have AFTER we have helis, I would concentrate on vehicles and how to work the supply crates there.

- My suggestion, is have two types of trucks, one for troops other for supplies. 

- Don't do it like PR and have a crate for everything.

- Have types of supplies to carry, ex: Squad 1 wants to build a FOB then they need construction materials. if Squad 2 needs just ammo we can drop some ammo. etc...

Like this it would be more fun to Squads that just do logistics, so they can coordinate who supplies ammo or what ever..

I believe this is a conversation to have AFTER we have helis, I would concentrate on vehicles and how to work the supply crates there.

- My suggestion, is have two types of trucks, one for troops other for supplies. 

- Don't do it like PR and have a crate for everything.

- Have types of supplies to carry, ex: Squad 1 wants to build a FOB then they need construction materials. if Squad 2 needs just ammo we can drop some ammo. etc...

Like this it would be more fun to Squads that just do logistics, so they can coordinate who supplies ammo or what ever..

This is a suggestion forum, and I made a suggestion. No reason not to make a suggestion just because whatever the suggestion relates to won't be seen in-game for a bit. Doesn't it make sense to discuss the implementation of something BEFORE it's implemented?

Anyway, I don't know about parachuting supply crates. IRL helos don't really parachute equipment. Helos are used to land equipment, parachuting is done from planes. Perhaps there can be a commander feature that allows, one per game, several supply crates to be dropped at the chosen location by a high-flying NPC C-130 or something.

I like the different crates idea. Maybe, if a crate hit the ground too hard then it and a fraction of its cargo is destroyed. This could make it so that the enemies can shoot down supply drops, which gives pilots a choice, risk being shot down, or risk the cargo not safely being delivered.

I like the different crates idea. Maybe, if a crate hit the ground too hard then it and a fraction of its cargo is destroyed. This could make it so that the enemies can shoot down supply drops, which gives pilots a choice, risk being shot down, or risk the cargo not safely being delivered.

Ammunition crates = explosive! :D