Short suggestion:

How about a system similair to the one in arma where a Squad leader can choose between different formations for it's squad to form whereafter the individual squadmembers can see a small icon in the terrain of where to move.

It always seemed kinda hard if not impossible for a squadleader to use formations in game and especially without a clan with people you dont know. Just some basic formations like a column, staggered column, wedge, line, cirkel (360°), something like that and being able to choose between larger or smaller distances in between Every individual for different kinds of terrain.

Pardon my english if not correct and let me know what you guys think

thats a cool idea. i think it would help facilitate a more team oriented and tactical play style amongst players

This wouldn't be that useful *IF* the ShackTac style HUD is implemented (I personally hope it wouldn't be, but I'm unsure on the official team view of this), as you'd be able to space using the friendly radar thingy that ShackTac use. 

However, if it isn't going to be used then yes I totally agree, cool idea! Even if it's as simple as a commo-rose function the SL can use to say spread out . The biggest problem I've seen/had is getting players spread out so one RPG doesn't kill everyone.

A small chevron marker at the side of the screen pointing in the closest player's direction (only pops up once the SL has used the commo-rose function) with a distance in meters would be unobtrusive and let the team know the distance from the closest member. It'd then be up to the SL to lead his troops and verbally/type how far he wants them spread out, rather than having to follow a floating checkpoint, per se. 

It would also be an unobtrusive way of giving a little bit of peripheral vision during squad maneuvers. without having the immersion totally blown by following a floating orb or whatever. Great idea though, would definitely be really handy! 

Arma has something similar... and that marker is about 99% of the time wasted space. The ShackTac suite of mods, which many servers run, completely remove the indicator as it is pretty much useless for players.

Free-look and something like STHUD would be much more apt replacement.

I think using a shacktac style mini-radar to simulate the awarenes a team achieves in years of training is not a bad idea. That would eliminate the need for formations and keep things simple.

Maintaining formarions in PR is difficult especially when going through forests. Not once did we end up either bunched together or tens of meters apart with some even heading in the wrong direction

What does it tell you about the players when we actually need a visual indicator to walk in a formation. I'm not against it, but I think it would be quite some work that isnt worth the time.

What does it tell you about the players when we actually need a visual indicator to walk in a formation. I'm not against it, but I think it would be quite some work that isnt worth the time.

That we don't have peripheral vision?

The biggest problem I've seen/had is getting players spread out so one RPG doesn't kill everyone.

image.png?w=400&c=1

... Bug post .

Edit. Since this buggy message is here...

Nice feature to add to Squad interaction, function and command system - SiFAX. I think that text / voice order should be enough tho, maybe some sort of dots in formation in some corner of screen at most for visuals.

Why should you need your squad leader to draw a line to tell you where to go or where to attack, you should have enough discipline to listen and obey the squad leader when he gives the order.

Why should you need your squad leader to draw a line to tell you where to go or where to attack, you should have enough discipline to listen and obey the squad leader when he gives the order.

While true, the point is, without having peripheral vision and being properly aware of your space (read: without Oculus Rift DK2) it's hard to walk in a formation or avoid getting too clumped up. Hence these situational awareness enhancements being suggested.

After playing ArmA with a serious bunch i have just come to realize that telling people to change formations and expecting them to do it correctly and quick at that is just a waste of time. You really need tactical minded individuals for that to work and in a game like PR i just ignore formation orders sadly enough it's just to much of a hassle. It's a good idea with the markers and everything but in the end of the day it wouldn't work.

After playing ArmA with a serious bunch i have just come to realize that telling people to change formations and expecting them to do it correctly and quick at that is just a waste of time. You really need tactical minded individuals for that to work and in a game like PR i just ignore formation orders sadly enough it's just to much of a hassle. It's a good idea with the markers and everything but in the end of the day it wouldn't work.

Wel, we in your clan actually do use formations and it works pretty wel though because of no single indication the game gives of where you and your Squad are and because of them limited vision formations will het crooked and twisted theres just that small little tool we need as a Squad leader since some of us have military experience and are actually capable of teaching guys these formations