Devon

Squad League Round 1

we're down for this. so long as we have a time to play with enough notice.

I'm thinking a couple weeks, maybe three, advance to get everything sorted. Though it certainly depends on the clans. I just think it would be nice to get everything sorted and agreed upon and get the devs support when it comes to locking down a server/determining the announcers.

I would use my talents for the commentary, but my boys in RedCoats are going to need me. 

The match can be commentated afterwards, with both side's footage available (camera bot will only pick up local VOIP from the side he is on at this moment in time.)

The match can be commentated afterwards, with both side's footage available (camera bot will only pick up local VOIP from the side he is on at this moment in time.)

Ah, makes more sense now. I was thinking that an admin could use sort of a spectator mode to fly around recording the match while commentating (using our own mic locally). Can you have two going to record reach side? Not exactly sure how it works.

agreed. same here.

Initial thoughts are 28 November or 5 December. I would lean toward the December date to allow us to get some things in order from a coordination standpoint.

This is also early enough that we can get some videos out before we hit Steam release.

Ah, makes more sense now. I was thinking that an admin could use sort of a spectator mode to fly around recording the match while commentating (using our own mic locally). Can you have two going to record reach side? Not exactly sure how it works.

Can be arranged. Currently a camera bot is a player (if he is in your squad he can hear the comms) so if there are two 8 man squads on each side, there can be a camera bot following them from above listening to their comms.

Just sayin'...

Once we have more guys then we are in

agreed. same here. 

There is always the option of making a coalition of smaller clans. Each clan showing up to the fight with a squad?

As a note to this event, it may be wise to force a max of 2-3 squads (ingame squads), so that there arent 9 squads with 1 SVD or SAW in each. Just for the sake of fairness in an alpha.

Can be arranged. Currently a camera bot is a player (if he is in your squad he can hear the comms) so if there are two 8 man squads on each side, there can be a camera bot following them from above listening to their comms.

Just sayin'...

There is always the option of making a coalition of smaller clans. Each clan showing up to the fight with a squad?

Well essentially if I'm a camera floating above and my Shadow Play records everything, even my local out-of-game voice, then essentially we can be "announcers" right? :) (and wouldn't we also just be unassigned to a Squad so we're not picking up all the chatter, just the local stuff?)

As to lots of small clans, we've been talking about this in our Squad League Skype chat. While we want to do this, perhaps bigger clans might be simpler for this early go round then trying to roundup and chorale a bunch of smaller clans?

As a note to this event, it may be wise to force a max of 2-3 squads (ingame squads), so that there arent 9 squads with 1 SVD or SAW in each. Just for the sake of fairness in an alpha.

Shit, I'm thinking 2 Squad's of 9 each team. I'll make sure we get clans to agree upon rulesets before the match. It has to actually represent what Squad is about in my opinion. After playing with these guys however I think they'd all agree.

ibk   

Agreed. If passed, it's most likely going to be forced in the Squad League guidelines.

Mind you that this will be changed very soon. There will soon be scaling kit limits, minimum requirements ect ect. but for right now, it can sadly be abused.

ibk   

Mind you that this will be changed very soon. There will soon be scaling kit limits, minimum requirements ect ect. but for right now, it can sadly be abused.

Hopefully it will be implemented in the next build before this matches take place.

Currently there is more than one way of bypassing the kit limits, and we want this to be as fair as possible.

Hopefully it will be implemented in the next build before this matches take place.

Currently there is more than one way of bypassing the kit limits, and we want this to be as fair as possible.

If Z is an admin while the match is happening then we'll be able to square that away in-game before the kicking begins. Lol. But I really don't think we'll have a problem with these guys (clans).... They want to play it the right way as well.

Well since there will be rules for the match and they will be filmed, I don't think it will be overly important.

That being said. I/we hope to have kit limiting in for the next patch. No promises.

DrBigMoney,

I posted this on Squadleague.com also.....

Might I suggest keeping it simple for the beginning?

2 Rounds consisting of AAS.

Switch sides after the first. Giving both a chance to play each sides.

winner would be 2-0 after 2 matches.

Tie breaker would be the ticket count total after 2 matches.

just a thought

So what are we talking as far as a full map or limited?  One or two squads? How many objectives and game type? This all need to be hashed out first. At the moment we would be able to get one full squad to start off. Maybe by game day we would have more to fill two squads.

DrBigMoney,

I posted this on Squadleague.com also.....

Might I suggest keeping it simple for the beginning?

2 Rounds consisting of AAS.

Switch sides after the first. Giving both a chance to play each sides.

winner would be 2-0 after 2 matches.

Tie breaker would be the ticket count total after 2 matches.

just a thought

I agree. My vote for map would probably be Kohat with the cap flags along the river.....so many intense battles on that variant.

Any other recommendations?

We did an organized match on logar before we went to PAX to use as promotional material.

Logar 2 full squad's worth of people AAS works quite well. I would seriously recommend using that as a base line for now.

Leave it up to the Clan if they want to spread their people across as many squads as they want (when the kit restrictions come in, before then, I would say limit it to 3 ingame squads).

I have a game mode that I want to try for this scale & competitive play, but that will be after Early Access at some point.

This is only advise and suggestions though, feel free to run these things as you see fit.

I'm just very excited to see organized play happening in the game that I helping create. Very satisfying and I will provide what aid I can spare time and energy on.