Bash

Persistent Game Mode

I searched and didn't find an answer.

What about a "persistent" game mode?  I'd imagine a specific server that plays out for a longer "persistent" time frame, say an entire 24 hours.  Instead of tickets counting down there could be the 24 hour time limit for the game to be played within.  Strategic capture zones would allocated various resources.  The point of this mode would be to challenge teams to coordinate strong defensive lines and offensives attacks.  Defensive squads would capture and defend the zones, building FOBs that are meant to endure the entire 24 hours.  By offering different resources (types of vehicles, radar range, respawn, and others) the dynamic of the game shifts from "capture the zone because [TICKETS]" to "capture the airstrip so we can get heilos in the air!".

Any thoughts?

There used to be a big game mode suggestion thread somewhere...

Anyway like idea though I would settle for 1, 2, 3 hour timers or win when objectives destroyed and one team cant come back to regain lost territory or assets.

i enjoy this idea massively and ive thought of a game mode similar to this but this is much more refined and doable and id accept 6 -12 hours cause idk how many days i can stay up in a row to secure that damned tank depot

I'd prefer something akin to Red Orchestra 2's Campaign Mode.

I know there's already a thread on that somewhere.

As opposed to a single, massive game you have instead smaller consecutive games -- with significant and meaningful consequences for victory or defeat. This caters for the players who are in it for the long haul, and have several hours - ten even - to dedicate to a game. But it also caters for players who can only pop in for a few rounds, but who still want to contribute, or like the idea of contributing, to a much larger campaign. 

I prefer the gamemodes we actually plays. I think a long match wouldn't be enjoyable by everyone because someone will start the match but wont finish it and someone else will end the match by joining in the last hours and wont have the satisfaction of winning an entire match. It breaks the game immersion in my opinion

I think on weekends average game playing time for a single gamer is 6 - 8 hours a day. On weekdays it prob drops to 1 - 2.5 hours. Thats an average gamer. For non average gamers it will be higher of course and gamers who dont work or go to school.

So what Im saying here is for a squad to remain coherent throughout one round of a loss or win it must start and end within the average timed a gamer is online playing right?

True, maybe 24 hours is too long.  I was basing it off an old WWII paintball re-enactment I would play that was 48 hours long with medics and all.  What was fun was that you could come in and out over the course of the weekend, even at night, and the game was still involved.  It would need to be at least 4 or 6 hours long, to make it significantly longer than the other game types.  Even though not all players that start would finish, maybe it could include everyone that participated at the end for the winners recognition.  Also, players that have to leave, with 24 hours, may have time to come back, even multiple times.

I think on weekends average game playing time for a single gamer is 6 - 8 hours a day. On weekdays it prob drops to 1 - 2.5 hours. Thats an average gamer. For non average gamers it will be higher of course and gamers who dont work or go to school.

So what Im saying here is for a squad to remain coherent throughout one round of a loss or win it must start and end within the average timed a gamer is online playing right?

6-8 hours a day!?!?

6-8 hours a day!?!?

How long are your games usually?  Multiple hours has happened to me quite a few times

I have only 3 hours a day max when I can't see my gf... some days I can't even play. How can you play 6-8 hours a day with a regular 8 hours work?

I have only 3 hours a day max when I can't see my gf... some days I can't even play. How can you play 6-8 hours a day with a regular 8 hours work?

If you read my post I said these hours only for Saturday and Sunday not weekdays go back and read again. LoL.

If you read my post I said these hours only for Saturday and Sunday not weekdays go back and read again. LoL.

I apologies... i was still sleeping when i read your comment

Its the wins and losses that keep you playing....so the more rounds you can play the better....maybe thats why COD and BF are so fast paced.

DrBigMoney had an idea for a 'map chaining' type of approach where the maps you played in a series would be determined by the outcome of the previous one.

I really like the idea of this, I wouldn't smash out 24 hours in one sit in but it would be nice to be part of a large scale operation. just to be able to see the progress the next day.  I would suspect the maps would need to be quite large for this kind of game mode.

One issue I would foresee is Lone wolfs and coordination would go to crap as commanders switched out. the battle picture would be lost.

I really like the idea of this, I wouldn't smash out 24 hours in one sit in but it would be nice to be part of a large scale operation. just to be able to see the progress the next day. I would suspect the maps would need to be quite large for this kind of game mode.

One issue I would foresee is Lone wolfs and coordination would go to crap as commanders switched out. the battle picture would be lost.

It would probably be best framed within the context of an organized clan event

It would probably be best framed within the context of an organized clan event

Almost like a "War" mode

I like this idea. It would be like playing wwiionline again where it could takes 24-48 hours to capture a city with the fighting dragging out. Though this game moves to fast for it. I dont see how you could set it up where one side wouldnt be able to collapse the map and spawn camp unless you set it so that capture zones took a few hours to take. So you had to actually set up proper defenses and hold somewhere.