Sign in to follow this  
Dankicity

Steam Offline Mode

Just curious if Squad will be playable from Steam's Offline Mode?  I believe the main hinge here is requesting user information from Steam's server when loading the game.  I'm haven't researched Steam integration to that point to know.  I'd assume Squad's game servers wouldn't require communication with Steam after I get in one.?  Or only for the optional(?) check on achievements.

My brother and myself have fallen into the habit of sharing a single account.  We get to try twice as many games and buy/try games the other wouldn't normally buy, mostly EA games but we rotate on AAA games.  Ex. He is more into Rust, which requires online mode to work at all, but we will both probably play Fallout 4 after the buyer (him since I bought GTA5) gets done.

...but if he changes my screen name to "Rustastic" again, I'll probably lock him out :)

Uhm, i'm not sure why you would want to play the game without an internet connection?

Steam Session Discovery (how we are doing our server listing) doesn't work without an internet connection.  

Uhm, i'm not sure why you would want to play the game without an internet connection?

Steam Session Discovery (how we are doing our server listing) doesn't work without an internet connection.  

For Lan perhaps but....as i "know" we dont get server files...so we cant even Host server by our own.

He could also believe in Bots....i wish we could have some Basic AI so if the game is in some years

Empty, i can play with some Bots for Memories.....

Yeah, I'm not checking if it runs on lan or actually offline. I'm just checking if the game requires Steam being "online" assume the sever listing and most core components to online play don't use Steam, like as a proxy with server data etc.

Make sense?

[Edit] Just read the steam session discovery.... So that would be my answer. Nope, steam is integral to online play.

Thanks...

Yeah, to get away from needing to do steam session discovery, we'd have to write our own master server solution.  With thousands of potential servers, scalability issues (we already see them in closed alpha) and the like, it's just simply easier to use steam's solution, since we are paying for it with 30% of the price of every copy sold.