Usgu

Kickstarter: Infinity: Battlescape

"Infinity: Battlescape". I came across this Kickstarter. If you are interested in Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen, this is for you. I have NEVER seen planetary transitions like this, all smooth, and once on the planet surface, it looks even better. The graphics and details are amazing. See for yourself.

Kickstarter ends on November 20 2015.

Kickstarter

Homepage

(make sure to watch @3:36 to 6:20)

screenshot221.jpg

screenshot29.jpg

Bluedrake interview and live gameplay with multiple ships on planets and space. Worthwhille to watch all the way through and very informative.

Yeah I have seen Bluedrakes stream live while he was playing that game.
The transitions look sick and that's why I have my hopes up the game will improve.

Not even StarCitizen will have these smart transitions (as they stated themselves).

So, I can't wait to see further development.

Unless you can physically get out its not for me, they are all becoming the same. I want to explore space and walk on the moon. Otherwise get boring v quick.

Unless you can physically get out its not for me, they are all becoming the same. I want to explore space and walk on the moon. Otherwise get boring v quick.

You can get out. It's only a prototype, and with a promising kickstarter then I wouldn't be surprised if they allow 'Ground' Combat as just an added bonus.

Graphics look good but yeah Id like to get out and shoot some alien butt! Id like a space adventure game based on Farscape....hehe.

Regardless whether you want to back this game on Kickstarter or not, you can still help out by joining its Thunderclap. You know the drill. 6 days left.

Kickstarter ends in 7 days.

Regarding space sim plus FPS shooter, let me say this. Doing a good space sim is a huge job. Doing a good FPS shooter is a huge job too (we know this one here, right?). Doing both at the same time is an even bigger undertaking. To ask an small indie developer, who cannot just double its develper base, to do both will lead to less results in some if not many areas. This is the reality. Star Citizen has got the fundings (probably TOO much), but even there we still have to wait and see if the game will be any good at the end. The formula "space sim + FPS = great game" is not a guaranteed winner.

When I look at "Infinity: Battlescape" I see an unique game engine that surpasses all other game engines and games out there in doing amazing planetary transitions. I want to see this game build on its strength, not add the burden of also adding an FPS shooter. I want to see great space sim gameplay plus fighting over planet surfaces, all connected through well-thoughtout and well implemented game mechanics, bug free. If it does this well, it has succeeded in my eyes. With mod support we can do the rest.

Kickstarter has 5 days to go, still $33,000 short.

Thunderclap has 4 days to go, still 17 supporters short.

We need your help, sirs.

A two hour live stream with the devs from yesterday, for those interested.

I post some timestamps with highlights while I am watching it:

• @0:09:10: explains NPC ships and their purpose - very cool resource concept!
  • @0:56:40: shows ships and cool lighting effects, cool formation flight, a bit later info about VR
  • @1:00:20: explains how warp will work
  • @1:01:10: cool dog fights over planet surface
  • @1:14:15: appoaching a factory on a planet
  • @1:24:10: capital ships
  • @1:42:00: racing in a canyon
  • @1:58:30: about mods
  • @1:59:00: beautiful station over a gas giant

Edited by Usgu

Update:

The minimum funding goal has been reached (thank God!), Kickstarter ends in 17 hours. Last chance, gentlemen.

Thunderclap was also successful.

Update: On Nov 20th the Kickstarter campaign was completed successfully with 5,828 backers pledging $332,620. Good job!

Here's an older live steam video with the devs.

Points of interest:

• @0:11:45: after canyon fly-through looking back at the canyon from above
  • @0:18:00: approach to orbital station
  • @0:22:20: group fly-through of orbital station
  • @0:30:45: regrouping at station, then group descent down to planet
  • @1:13:40: approach on mountains on volcanic moon

Edited by Usgu

Developer Access for Stellar or Galactic Supporters is out since today. See Kickstarter update here.

If you missed the Kickstarter, you can still join via indiegogo.

Recent videos: there is a 3 hours launch party here and a good launch interview here.

Here are my first screenshots. Enjoy.

(Click to enlarge)

(The cockpit of this new ship has not yet been textured)

K2kLPpv.png

LQIIx52.png

cKJ9G2d.png

ZUHf38J.png