Sign in to follow this  
Choosen345

How do I login without my steam friends knowing?

How can I login into this game without my steam friends knowing who I am? Sometimes I just want to play the game on my own with a bunch of new guys, but I can't do this at present. All my steam friends have to do right  now is login to steam and they then see the name I am playing with. They then just join Squad, look at the team list and then join my squad. I think it's bit awkward to tell them to leave to be honest and if I did I don't think they would take to kindly to it. It's just sometimes I want to play on my own, but I never get chance because of people knowing my steam name.

Can any tell me if there is a way around this? I find myself not playing the game at times because of this. Thanks.

At the moment the game isn't tied to Steam, so if you are not logged into Steam you can still play. I think once it is on steam then you can simply select 'play off line'

Otherwise set up a secret steam account for all your guilty pleasures in gaming where you can play as an alternative persona ;)

Make it so Steam doesn't automatically log you into friends when it starts.

At the moment the game isn't tied to Steam, so if you are not logged into Steam you can still play. I think once it is on steam then you can simply select 'play off line'

Otherwise set up a secret steam account for all your guilty pleasures in gaming where you can play as an alternative persona ;)

Squad is tied to the Steam name you choose, so all the people on my steam friends list see my name in Steam even if I change it in Steam. They then just look for that name in the Squad servers and join my Squad.

Why can't we just choose a name in the game setting instead of it using the Steam one? I need a way around this so that I can play on my own at times.

The game isn't even tied to Steam right now so unless you manually added the game to Steam and are launching it from there, no one would know you are playing.

In other words, you don't need Steam to play the game right now. Close Steam, launch Squad.exe, done

Make it so Steam doesn't automatically log you into friends when it starts.

But they would still see I had made a name change wouldn't they? I currently have my steam friends list set to offline mode, but will they still see the name change?

The game isn't even tied to Steam right now so unless you manually added the game to Steam and are launching it from there, no one would know you are playing.

In other words, you don't need Steam to play the game right now. Close Steam, launch Squad.exe, done

Your Steam name is tied to the game, I've already explained this in my opening post.

so don't play on the same server as them? its not like they are going to be offended.
how many friends do you even have that have squad?

like as others have said its not tied to steam so at the current point in time nobody has any way of knowing your playing Squad unless they are on the same server as you.
or just do what I do, if someone calls you out on it say your actually your best friend and you told your friend your login details so you could try squad (change the pitch of your voice) they will most likely leave.

Sorry to sound like I'm repeating myself, but the game is tied to your steam name. So when they login to Steam, even if you don't, they will see your new name. Whatever name you choose in Steam is the name you will have in Squad. 

There isn't that many servers to hide on LoL.

also bunch of follow up questions.

a) how many people on your friends list also play squad that make this an issue.
b) how highly do you think of yourself that as soon as you launch squad everyone on your friends list wants to play with you.
c) nobody on steam can see that you are currently playing squad, unless you have some proof of this that nobody else is aware of. (it uses your account for authentication, not for steam reporting)

this is a mind boggling problem thats funny to me,
If I've ever been annoyed by people on my friends list playing with me I just appear offline or block them entirely.

Sorry to sound like I'm repeating myself, but the game is tied to your steam name. So when they login to Steam, even if you don't, they will see your new name. Whatever name you choose in Steam is the name you will have in Squad. 

There isn't that many servers to hide on LoL.

yeah I get that... your squad name is your steam name,

but when you log into squad nobody has any way of knowing your playing squad, it doesn't say your playing squad on the steam client.... this is what we are trying to get at, so nobody has any way of knowing that your actually playing without going into the game and looking for you.

Let's try this:

1) right now you can play without your friends noticing by closing steam.

2) once it's been released on steam, your friends will know when/if you change your name- unless you unfriend them... Problem solved, problem stayin' solved!

yeah I get that... your squad name is your steam name,

but when you log into squad nobody has any way of knowing your playing squad, it doesn't say your playing squad on the steam client.... this is what we are trying to get at, so nobody has any way of knowing that your actually playing without going into the game and looking for you.

They have an easy way of knowing. They just join the Squad servers and see my name in them. It's not hard given there isn't a massive amount of servers. We have 20 plus players who play Squad in our clan.

Let's try this:

1) right now you can play without your friends noticing by closing steam.

2) once it's been released on steam, your friends will know when/if you change your name- unless you unfriend them... Problem solved, problem stayin' solved!

1) You can't because they know your Steam, but I do keep saying this  :D

I think I'll have to use a Foreign accent if nobody knows a solution to it :D . 

Satisfied? ;)

So to conclude..

1. Yes they can see what name you are using on Steam

2. If you are not logged onto Steam or shown as Offline then they have no way of knowing you are playing squad.

3. If it bothers you that much, delete them as friends or create an additional new steam account.

I don't think you will ever be able to do any differently, I a separate box in-game to put my clan tags but I don't think there is any intention to do that. Never mind aye. :/

Satisfied? ;)

So to conclude..

1. Yes they can see what name you are using on Steam

2. If you are not logged onto Steam or shown as Offline then they have no way of knowing you are playing squad.

3. If it bothers you that much, delete them as friends or create an additional new steam account.

I don't think you will ever be able to do any differently, I a separate box in-game to put my clan tags but I don't think there is any intention to do that. Never mind aye. :/

Creating an additional account would mean buying the game again. I just like to game with a new bunch at times that's all. I must be popular that they want to keep joining me  every time I play Squad. I've just had a head swelling moment.

Easy solution would be to allow you to change your in-game name in the Squad settings.

Creating an additional account would mean buying the game again. I just like to game with a new bunch at times that's all. I must be popular that they want to keep joining me  every time I play Squad. I've just had a head swelling moment.

Easy solution would be to allow you to change your in-game name in the Squad settings.

just change it in steam then?

I highly doubt your clan logs on and goes "oh shit 1 of the 20 players I normally play squad with isn't on my friends list! he must of changed his name, let me use CSI techniques to figure out which person he is!"

I have like 80 people on my friends list, and if one of them changed their name there is no way in hell I would notice or even care enough to dig further into finding them.

(unless you formed a clan of ex girlfriends or something?)

just change your name and play, nobody will notice.

Squad is tied to the Steam name you choose, so all the people on my steam friends list see my name in Steam even if I change it in Steam. They then just look for that name in the Squad servers and join my Squad.

Why can't we just choose a name in the game setting instead of it using the Steam one? I need a way around this so that I can play on my own at times.

wrong you do not need to log into steam to play sqaud,

Ah ok I get what he's saying now. Whatever your Steam name is set to will be your name in Squad. His clan mates, who all play Squad regularly, recognize his name when they join a server. He wants to remain anonymous.

There's no way to do this my friend. However, if your clan can't cut you some slack or you don't want to play with your clan mates, it might be time to consider leaving that clan don't you think?

Switch your Setting to Offline, And at this time the only way it launches via steam is if you manually add the game into your Steam library

Change your name in Steam, log into the portal, change it back, then don't log back into the portal. I had to change my name, and it didn't work until I relogged into the portal. I kept my name the same though, so forum dudes would recognize me anyway.... Or just play offline (in Steam terms).