Dear devs, 

Are we eventually going to be able to cook off hand grenades? Is this a planned feature? Thanks.

Dear devs, 

Are we eventually going to be able to cook off hand grenades? Is this a planned feature? Thanks.

Just boil them in enough salted water for 20 minutes. :D

But yeah, good question. I'd also like that feature :)

Just boil them in enough salted water for 20 minutes. :D

Don´t forget to put them in cold water after that for like 3 minutes, otherwise you will get explosive diarrhea!

Im not sure about it but sgt.Ross said somewhere that cooking frags are not allowed for regular soldiers or at least are not so often.

SOP mandates when you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend-- You're trained not to try any "Hollywood" BS and to throw it right away. In war... however, situations change and dictate these things. You'll still find more times than not we pull the pin and toss it. Too much can go wrong in those few seconds not to mention the possibility of a short fuse, fumbling the grenade etc. BUT-- I am aware of circumstances where a a cooked nade was necessary and utilized. 

I would imagine that a lot of forces just use them en masse rather than cook them, although you could argue the throw a grenade into a door and close it, but civilians just get in the way you know.

Also if you have a throw meter, how do you get that right and the cooking

I'd like to see it in game. Nothing more frustrating then tossing a frag over a wall just to hear the badguys running away haha

Id say throwing the grenade clean over a sandbag and having it hit an invisible wall and bounce back in your face is more frustrating... in which case the cooked grenade would kill you.

(This happened to me the other day, tried to toss one into a mini super fob and it bounced back and i ran like hell)

I'm OK with cooking frags, IF AND only IF all frags have a random fuse timer of 3-5 seconds. More variation on the insurgent WWII grenades. We'll see how many people cook nades once they perform like they do irl.

I think the ability to cook a grenade would be good but having the ability to throw it back would be even better, particularly with smoke grenades. That's what I would try to do if a grenade came rolling into a room next to me and I knew I was F'd! If we had the ability to throw grenades back people would defiantly cook grenades. IMO this would add to the gameplay greatly. This would also add the ability to throw a grenade a second time that was a bad throw and didn't make it over a wall or something. Yes chances of success would be small but it would still be nice to have the option to try.

No cooking grenades, please. A game cant correctly translate risk/reward of cooking a grenade. Just doing it in airsoft with a thunderB is fucking scary (one guy once had one explode on his hand while trying to cook it, had a sore hand for 3days). If you allow grenades to be cooked you might as well make them all impact grenades. Soon enough, people will figure out the timer and do it constantly, Ive seen this in games over and over. Thats my 2 cents.

Yes please! In other games it's one of my favourite things. Seeing the enemy jumping on his feet but it won't help :wub: . The mentioned random fuse time sounds reasonable though. Throwing nades back would be a nice feature but picking them up would have to work perfectly. Would be annoying if you fail to pick it up because it's just not working properly. But human failure would also add REALISM  :blink: .

I think the ability to cook a grenade would be good but having the ability to throw it back would be even better, particularly with smoke grenades. That's what I would try to do if a grenade came rolling into a room next to me and I knew I was F'd! If we had the ability to throw grenades back people would defiantly cook grenades. IMO this would add to the gameplay greatly. This would also add the ability to throw a grenade a second time that was a bad throw and didn't make it over a wall or something. Yes chances of success would be small but it would still be nice to have the option to try.

I have trouble getting out of the radius of grenades in time after hearing them fall. I don't think picking one up and throwing it would be much use. And Smoke grenades are incredibly hot to the touch, exothermic reactions and all creating the smoke, they are known to start brush fires. Personally I'd say no thanks to grabbing those but it's your hand.

I personally like the current grenade mechanics, but they need a bit of tweaking in regards to projection from the player.

The tactical results of cooking grenades can more or less be achieved through squad communication, for example you get a squad mate to suppress a doorway while you throw a grenade in so the enemy isn't able to escape or respond.

Also along with everyone saying that it isn't regular military training to cook grenades, I'd imagine untrained or irregularly trained insurgents/militia wouldn't be trying to do anything tricky like cooking a live grenade, so from that point of view I don't think any faction should have the ability.

I personally like the current grenade mechanics, but they need a bit of tweaking in regards to projection from the player.

The tactical results of cooking grenades can more or less be achieved through squad communication, for example you get a squad mate to suppress a doorway while you throw a grenade in so the enemy isn't able to escape or respond.

Also along with everyone saying that it isn't regular military training to cook grenades, I'd imagine untrained or irregularly trained insurgents/militia wouldn't be trying to do anything tricky like cooking a live grenade, so from that point of view I don't think any faction should have the ability.

You must be smoking the same drug as So-crates if you like the current grenades.

You must be smoking the same drug as So-crates if you like the current grenades.

I don't like the state of them, that's why I said they need tweaking, what i like is the design of them because it's simple.