17 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

I'm telling it as it is, the current Battlefield paradigm is perfect for WW2, they can't implement Supersonic speeds, they can't implement most guided weapons correctly, they can't use most goodies correctly (Lol at IR and Flir sights), they can't have correct artillery set ups, basically a simpler war predicament is perfect with the current setup, because let's face it, we were having 200million USD planes used as a Stuka, we were having extremely performant SPAAG's used as APERS auto-canons mainly.

So yeah, this is the only logical step.

BUT why.... why god why would DICE tease BF 2142 with images and easter eggs through out BF3/BF4? I want WW2 btw but something tells me it isnt

Battlefield 5 haha I've moved on now. I prefer my development games where you can have a real rapport with the Dev team who are open about you testing their game rather than one that puts out an Beta and charges you heavily for the privilege. They ended up having to run a CTE to fix their game after all the complaints which has taken bloody years. Battlefield 5 will just be a reskin or what Battlefield 4 should of been from the start.

You want  explanations on why EA are a bunch of Dic*s? And DICE can't do jack about it? Really?

Also to be square here, I don't know what they're brewing, I'm only saying that the technical capabilities that Dice has shown so far even pushed to extremes isn't able to give us anything but overblown FFW WW2 pace. Nothing really technical (FFS their laser guided Javelin is laughable) is well rendered, so basically the only thing they can really do properly IS WW2. So that would be the easier one.

How can you imagine modern WW2 BF? BF is fuckin circus, the only way to evade Frostbite BF: Heroes style is to make sequel for 2142.

Edited by ZiGreen

42 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

How can you imagine modern WW2 BF? BF is fuckin circus, the only way to evade Frostbite BF: Heroes style is to make sequel for 2142.

I said that the way BF3/4 were done technically falls into a type of warfare that is basically still stuck in WW2.

Most air assets had a big arsenal, yet the most effective way of using them was guided/unguided rockets in Stuka-like CAS. There was basically no difference between a SdKfz 231 and the APC's in game. Bar the ATGM. What next tanks? Complete fuck fest.

As for makiing a sequel for BF2142...that game was already a shitty DLC for BF2 sold as a game. It's basically started the crap you're seeing right now. IMO BF3 was the most honest deal. They should have stopped there.

Just now, KTMR29 said:

I said that the way BF3/4 were done technically falls into a type of warfare that is basically still stuck in WW2.

Most air assets had a big arsenal, yet the most effective way of using them was guided/unguided rockets in Stuka-like CAS. There was basically no difference between a SdKfz 231 and the APC's in game. Bar the ATGM. What next tanks? Complete fuck fest.

As for makiing a sequel for BF2142...that game was already a shitty DLC for BF2 sold as a game. It's basically started the crap you're seeing right now. IMO BF3 was the most honest deal. They should have stopped there.

At least DICE will get total freedom for assets design.

Just now, KTMR29 said:

At least DICE will get total freedom for assets design. Recent BF games are good shooters, they are dynamic, entertaining and good looking. The reason why people frustrating is they are not actually Battlefield.

The insanity defense...should have started from there. I surrender and agree. They could also offer LSD for total immersion.

No seriously, yeah at least that would be honest (as far as EA honesty goes).

Only two letters will spell the future of the whole genre.........VR...........the first true FPS VR immersive experience that puts you in the battle real time in an overwhelming VR environment that knocks your socks off and then some......might even negate the need to have real wars....:)

20 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Only two letters will spell the future of the whole genre.........VR...........the first true FPS VR immersive experience that puts you in the battle real time in an overwhelming VR environment that knocks your socks off and then some......might even negate the need to have real wars....:)

I'm sorry but VR for FPS is a no-go - you can't fake your brain that you're running when actually you're standing / sitting. Sooner or later you will puke, believe me :) It makes sense only for plane / spaceship / car simulators etc :)

Ye of little faith......history has always taught us that where there is a will there is a way......and if you want to quote from the film Jurassic Park:  "Life always finds a way".....  these obstacles will be overcome if they haven't already been so in someone's garage...playing around with the Holodeck for decades trying to make the experience from StarTrek a reality....:)

Quite frankly if BF5 continues in the same style they have now - multiple unlocks, uncoordinated teamplay, paid dlc (mods) - then I am not really interested in the franchise anymore like I lost interest in CoD some years ago.

Technically BF is pretty good (net code excepted) but, after having played Squad, it feels like I am playing a team game solo. I don't see how Dice will change that without upsetting a large portion of their player base. 

Those problems you listed about how BF is not so much team play anymore.....made me think of a possible fix for that....maybe it would work for Squad too.  Only allow spawning on your Squad leader or his RP.....do not allow spawning on capture points or flag positions....this would force more teamplay I think and squash lone wolf behavior!  Anyway something for Squad to try out and maybe something BF creators could think about trying to make it more about team play...:)

Didn't they kinda tease BF 2143 in the form of easter eggs in Bf3 and Bf4?

My bet is that it will not be WW2 (I still hope it will be, hnghh). I'm going to follow the unveil with low expectations so I won't get disappointed again.

4 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Those problems you listed about how BF is not so much team play anymore.....made me think of a possible fix for that....maybe it would work for Squad too.  Only allow spawning on your Squad leader or his RP.....do not allow spawning on capture points or flag positions....this would force more teamplay I think and squash lone wolf behavior!  Anyway something for Squad to try out and maybe something BF creators could think about trying to make it more about team play...:)

BF allows spawning on SL last time I played yet the game still plays like CoD with vehicles, cp and classes. It has no inbuilt squad comms. Yes you can play teamwork if you've got some mates/clan but the rest of the team will be doing their own thing as usual. The game doesn't have a ground up structure to positivity encourage that teamwork style of play. In fact is the opposite rewarding individuals by giving them prizes for their efforts. The BF fans expect more of the same with 5 so I don't expect Dice or EA to change anything from what they've done before just like CoD and Activision don't.

Squad has some way to go yet but the basics are in. Logistics and vehicles will change the game quite considerably. It has teamwork at its core and it shows. Still lots of tweaking to be done yet.

If only SL's could spawn on flags and bases and squad mates could only spawn on their SL....that ould force you to follow your SL....you would have to go where he goes, you would have no choice to spawn at base or other RP, as a squad member your only spawn option is your SL and no where else.  How would this affect lone wolf behaviour? And tactics on ground?

I think I said this already....re do BF1942 with all the ships, tanks, subs, aircraft, with updated maps, graphics, bigger size maps! That is the billion dollar winner for me!

Well tomorrow we find out what game or games it will be! Yippy! You are right maybe offering a re do of BF1942 and bundling a new Bad Company would be a smart move to counter COD plans to offer MWarfare re do with its new game release....:)

Less than 24 hours now and a Nvidia announcment?! Sweet. :)

The real question is: What the heck is he wearing in the teaser?

And the uncensored version. :P

And someone (one of you?) was kind enough to mention Squad over at /r/Battlefield