The emperor to Luke Skywalker.... That's it....focus your anger....let your anger flow...see the power of the DARK SIDE! :)

Insert picture of emperor here.

Thats the anger I see here against BF 5....

Oh great! Another modern BF game! How original! I love having the same guns, graphics, gear, planes, ported and rehashed throughout the same game series for over 5 years now!

I'll definitely be picking this rehashed bullshit up! NOT.

I saw no difference between BF3 and BF4. I literally didn't see the point of having both the games, except greed. BF5 is most likely bound to be the same BS if it's modern.

Go WW2, and you've got my cash.

Guys, wouldn't it be like super cool and sexy if there will be, you know, ONE BF5 THREAD TO END ALL BF5 THREADS?

ONE ESCAPE FROM TARKOV THREAD INSTEAD OF 10?

or, like, you know, whatevs or something

It would make a lot of sense because we would have Battlefield with a Triple A WW1 game and Battalion 1944 as a Triple A WW2 game. ^^

If they took the scale of bf3 and bf4 and put it back into WWII then my love for battlefield would be rekindled.  As popular as WWII was for video game time settings, I do say that everyone and their brother used it and it did get a little overused, but now it's almost gone as modern gaming goes.  As many graphical and engine improvements we have in this day and age, I believe the WWII setting should get a revamp just for old times sake.

Go WW2, and you've got my cash.

Like the last million WW2 games? Does everyone forget the WW2 fatigue that lead to the over saturation of modern shooters in the first place?

Like the last million WW2 games? Does everyone forget the WW2 fatigue that lead to the over saturation of modern shooters in the first place?

Sure it was overused, but it's still a golden genre.  The last high end WW2 was World at War.  Battlefield needs to step back at least once to their roots while their technology is where it is.  Can you imagine fighting in the towns and fields of France with dynamic graphics and weather?  Flying stukas/bf 109s, spitfires, zeros, or mustangs with today's graphics? I say yes please.

WW1? I can't imagine. 

Yeah there's a reason no game besides Verdun decided to use that war.  It was nothing but trench stalemates and chemical weapons.  WW2 was a great pioneering age in weapons and technology and thus leaves more to be desired.  Now games are getting too futuristic for my taste.  Idk I grew up on Medal of Honor, maybe I'm just getting old.

Sure it was overused, but it's still a golden genre.  The last high end WW2 was World at War.  Battlefield needs to step back at least once to their roots while their technology is where it is.  Can you imagine fighting in the towns and fields of France with dynamic graphics and weather?  Flying stukas/bf 109s, spitfires, zeros, or mustangs with today's graphics? I say yes please.

I can imagine how poor Dice/EA would make that play out, with flashing icons all over breaking the atmosphere of the game. Upside down doritos over the enemy's heads so we dont have to look for them , just shooting at red triangles all day. They will make sure every retard can figure out the game, dumb it down for the masses....

I can also imagine how the art director will f*ck up the otherwise brilliant looking frostbite engine, just like they did in BF3/4. Just look at how nice the BF3 alpha looked and how they messed all that up in the final version with super nova suns, weird glare all over and shadows so deep that all detail got lost.

EA/Dice has all the right tools, they are just not good at implementing them into games.

if someone is going to make a fantastic WW2 FPS again, im 99,9% sure it will not be BF5. They dont know how to make great games anymore, dosnt matter how good their engine is, they will f*ck it up.

But hey, i do HOPE they make a great game. Tbh i  think other games and mods for Squad will be alot better than anything EA can come up with.

Yeah there's a reason no game besides Verdun decided to use that war.  It was nothing but trench stalemates and chemical weapons.  WW2 was a great pioneering age in weapons and technology and thus leaves more to be desired.  Now games are getting too futuristic for my taste.  Idk I grew up on Medal of Honor, maybe I'm just getting old.

Indeed. I still remember how the BF1942 WW1 mod failed back then. The weaponry of WW1 is just too shitty to sustain fun long-term imho. The guns weren't precise either.. hardly any vehicles, many horses etc. 

I'd only buy a Bad Company 2 because the story had a quality as it was not serious but well done, and it was a sandbox FPS that I had never seen before. 

If it was on the Eastern front, where trench combat was the exception not the rule, I might look into it. 

I'm telling it as it is, the current Battlefield paradigm is perfect for WW2, they can't implement Supersonic speeds, they can't implement most guided weapons correctly, they can't use most goodies correctly (Lol at IR and Flir sights), they can't have correct artillery set ups, basically a simpler war predicament is perfect with the current setup, because let's face it, we were having 200million USD planes used as a Stuka, we were having extremely performant SPAAG's used as APERS auto-canons mainly.

So yeah, this is the only logical step.