As a player, I am concerned because the servers will be flooded with hackers that we can't ban or kick.  A few badmins gave DICE the sudden urge to restrict everything.

What are you talking about? You can still rent servers and customize options, and yes of course kick and ban... It's just that the server hosting provider will just be EA .. Right?

What are you talking about? You can still rent servers and customize options, and yes of course kick and ban... It's just that the server hosting provider will just be EA .. Right?

They haven't said anything about the options we will be given. Including kick/ban. I don't know about you but I trust my GSP more than EA running my game server.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

It's their game and it simply wasn't playing like they designed it. It's within their rights to make sure the game is played within the parameters they designed for. And it's within your rights to not play it in protest.

When it comes to PR everybody understands(or so I thought) that the locked server settings are necessary for the illusion of a tactically driven, teamwork orientated game because the BF series itself is one of the most arcadey game series there is. But for BF1 that doesn't make any sense, just like it wouldn't have made sense in any previous BF title. It's nothing but a cash grab sold to you with one of the shittiest excuses ever, I mean, how the hell can you **** up the server settings to a BF game?! No mate, they are selling the servers to you directly and exclusively from EA because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I'm also not the target audience and never was, don't give me that "You don't HAVE to play it duhhhhhhh". I have legitemate concerns for what shit like this does to future games and that's why I'm voicing them now, to potential buyers, because your money may very well set a future standard for the industry.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:30 AM, STEALTHKILLER said:

Well...I can't say years but I'll say that BF3 was the last one I played a good deal of. I purchased 4 but just never really got into it. Of course upon discovering Squad I definitely never saw the need to get into it. Squad is the game I've been waiting for for quite some time and fits me perfectly!!!

The BF1 Alpha videos did little for me and the Beta didn't excite me at all. Don't get me wrong, it looked damn good and nothing to complain about BUT it just didn't do anything for me.  Just don't care for "Conquest" or "Rush"....I love AAS over those two and wish other Combined Arms FPS games had the mode!

You said truly ... 

SQUAD is full of teamwork and communucations and that dose of fun u cannot get enywhere,for any amount of money.

It just have a good concept and results are fantastic gameplay.

Just,right now,we need more fps and we are good for a couple of years.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:05 AM, DesmoLocke said:

I didn't have any problems with the standard 60hz servers in the beta.

You guys are looking at this from a server owner's perspective. I'm looking at form a pure player perspective. People have to admit the server side options got way out of hand with BF4. 2000 ticket servers, instant respawn vehicles, etc. Even 3rd party scripts to limit weapon and gadget use. I don't think that is what DICE had in mind and now they're pulling back from all those options.

A more uniform experience for the average player that isn't going to bother to go to the website of the clan hosting the server to read the server specific rules is good in my opinion.

The only thing that bothers me is if they take away 3rd party scripts. Limiting weapons like snipers and other stupid gadgets was a real game changer and kept me playing BF4 on certain servers.

In other news... i lol'd at this. 

The best thing about that itty bitty Kalibri pistol is they give you 180 rounds of ammo. That might be enough to kill two people. Max :D

The only thing that bothers me is if they take away 3rd party scripts. Limiting weapons like snipers and other stupid gadgets was a real game changer and kept me playing BF4 on certain servers.

In other news... i lol'd at this. 

We'll see. Hacks are already out of control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

:( Bought mine on amazon. Getting the code on the 21st.

Is the performance better than the beta weeks ago? Sometimes my game would run great and then suddenly run poor the on the next match.

Runs about the same for me. 100-120 FPS at 1080p.

Server prices were shared today. It's actually cheaper than I thought.

PC

• 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE

• 1 day: $1.99
  • 7 days: $7.99
  • 30 days: $26.99
  • 90 days: $64.99
  • 180 days: $99.99

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290

On 10/15/2016 at 7:41 PM, Dennisz125 said:

Any confirmation about hardcore mode in the game?

It isn't in yet but there is a tab for hardcore mode under custom games, no idea of release time frame. Also community servers basically have the options to turn customize there servers with most aspects of hardcore as soon as those go live. No idea if the hardcore mode under custom games is ranked or how that will work though. 

Game has been pretty solid so far and right now will likely be my casual go to. 

Edited by Tennessee

1 hour ago, DesmoLocke said:

I linked the actual source above without having to go to a tech reporting site with ads. :P

Is it sarcasm or not? I can't tell based on lack of tone.

So i played the game today. Except my CPU usage is almost always at 98%-100% usage. My frame rates are okay... like 40-70, but my game likes to freeze regularly for 5-10 seconds, and its killing my vibe. I hope this is just an issue that can be fixed inside the game and not just my hardware being to old for the title. I can run BF4 on high/ultra with good table FPS, so i figured BF1 would be just a little more demanding than BF4.

Old i5 2500k

GTX780

There is going on huge DDOS attack againts Dyn DNS (aka. phonebook of internet), some say it is biggest attack in history so far. So it might explain some odd behaviour in network depending software.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

The gameplay is much improved from BF4.  I don't know how long BF1 will last though.  Squad still has a super unique feel that I've never seen in a game, and it's done to near perfection.