So far, I love the Beta very much as well. One of my favorite vehicles is the artillery truck.

Edited by Zulnex

1 hour ago, justachap said:

Don't know why but I find it more fun to play than BF4. Maybe its just the setting I enjoy more.

I can actually agree with this but I am having issues with the engine, what value does a game have that looks good but its core mechanics don't function properly.... How long did it take to get Battlefield 4 to a decent playable state where you don't actually feel cheated and can actually enjoy the gun play, being a long time Battlefield player there's still stuff that have never been fixed since BATTLEFIELD 3.... You know and it's just ... I don't know, Battlefield 4 got a class action suit against them for false advertising by their investors, imagine. Within the first Quarter of the game being released. 

Edited by fantomactual

4 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

Here's some interesting bullet drop info. Getting used to the drag in BF1 took a while for me. Don't get me started on the RNG cone of fire. Gunplay is not nearly as tight as I would like. Having said that, it's a blast! Nothing like squading up with a couple of buddies and wrecking the other team!

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-1-general-discussion/battlefield-1-technical-discussion/10638-bf1-vs-bf4-bullet-trajectories/

I like the RNG cone. Though i think i could get toned down a little bit. It takes me back to BF2 gameplay. Where different weapons had different firing cones. Like SMG's were shit at range, machine guns were better, and rifles were good at range, and ofc the sniper was deadly accurate. The thing about BF4 is that all the guns were all deadly accurate... None of the weapons felt different to me except ROF really. It didn't matter what gun i used honestly. They could all kill my enemy equally as good in most cases, because all you needed was good aim and tap tap skills. Guy in the building across from me in the window and im running in the middle of the street? Doesn't matter, i just headshot the dude with my 100% first shot accuracy.  I think the RNG cone encourages people to think more about their firing position (having cover). As it gives them an advantage when both parties start missing shots, the guy in the open is going to die to the guy that has strategic cover.

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

No HUD game play really shows how beautiful the game is. I would KILL for a server that forced people to play without any HUD's. It just looks way more immersive. Literally no HUD. You'd have to press tab to see tickets, the status of flags and the map for teammates positions. That's all you really need. A man can dream.

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

1 hour ago, Phoenixstorm said:

The weirdest thing of the game is the name Battlefield and the beta feels more or less like Battlefront on Tatooine...

Haha, well funny enough, the Sinai Peninsula looks just like that of Tattooine.  Especially since the original movie shots were shot in Africa (Tunisia) but still pretty close :)  ...and EA/DICE might have pulled a lazy move and could've definitely used the same textures and terrain styles for the Sinai map lol

Wadi_with_Acacia_on_Sinai_Peninsula.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

On 9/5/2016 at 7:20 AM, Tomato-Rifle said:

No HUD game play really shows how beautiful the game is. I would KILL for a server that forced people to play without any HUD's. It just looks way more immersive. Literally no HUD. You'd have to press tab to see tickets, the status of flags and the map for teammates positions. That's all you really need. A man can dream.

Us lot at BVAR will be operating a BF1 server for the launch & depending on funding long into the future. We will as always & like on any of our various game servers be running at the hardest setting available. So if there is no HUD thats even better:).

Edited by SilentFart

5 minutes ago, the_seeing_eye said:

arcade af... not buying it... last good bf game was bc2 imo

I think so as well and I don´t even know what made BC2 so much better then the BF´s after... :o

On 04/09/2016 at 10:11 AM, Para said:

I gotta say.. its beautiful.. really is, and I am enjoying it for what it is, one of the best BF in a long time.

When I first heard "WWI" I was a bit "ew".. but when I played the early internal builds, I realized this is could be an amazing setting for an FPS game. BF1 is not intended to be a tactical shooter or even remotely realistic, and it certainly has gravitated more toward CoD than the original more teamplay oriented roots, but it is hella fun. I also believe it is the most beautiful FPS on the market. The Frostbite engine is superior to anything else available imo (when you take into account decent networking, destroyable buildings, deformable terrain, variable weather, 64 players, planes, trains and automobiles, etc).

I've been playing the BF series since it was called "Codename Eagle". Love the series. When we were modding BF2 for PR, a lot of what we initially modded that materially changed the game were concepts exposed in the base engine and super easy to modify - meaning these guys had ideas that allowed us to create PR. I played all my BF4 on "hardcore" mode servers - doesn't make it realistic, but does make it much better imo. I am looking forward to BF1 in hardcore mode; especially the "operations" stuff where you play through linked maps in a campaign.

While playing the beta, I levelled up to 48 hehe, I ended up losing it a bit and ordered a new gaming rig. Went a bit mentol and assembled an i7 based rig with twin 1080s so I can jack the shit out of the visuals when the game ships.

If Squad - in it's current state - is a steak, cooked over a campfire where it got dropped in the dirt by your drunk mate, BF1 is the beers you got drunk on.

Great video @Para!

Cheers,

eggman

I wish in some point of time when normal players like us can make a map and upload it to the game(BF1), similar to GTA5's custom race and modes, so that people will play for three years.

it seems you cant use the VPN trick anymore

Mexico price on origin is USD$15 more then USA origin

Origin USA is USD$60 for standard

Origin AU is AUD$90 for standard

Origin AU is AUD$170 for standard + season pass

Cheapest Ive seen is AUD$59.20 for standard

and on another key site for AUD$65

The Open beta was fun WHEN We could get the party system working

and when a single medic on the battlefield actually bloody dropped hp/res'ed
The server browser in the game is a joke compared to the fully functional one

provided with BF Bad Company 2 on PC

Origin looks fugly as sin with the latest update

BF WWI Open Beta clearly shows you need limit of 1 TANK per side

in RUSH and and SNIPERS removed from RUSH

and a max cap of 5 snipers a side in CONQUEST

In the mist of drama related to simplify bf1 server, I notice a picture that regenerating health can be disabled, so when I got the game at reasonable price, I will only play on server that is similar to bf2.

If you guys played the beta and want your voice and feedback heard, head over to their forums.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories

I saw this interesting statistic today. It seems the medic class was definitely under utilized during the beta. Not surprising, but I hope it gets played more for the full release. :) https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-thank-you

M6fEUCq.png

On 8.9.2016 at 5:05 PM, koschilein said:

I think so as well and I don´t even know what made BC2 so much better then the BF´s after... :o

The special was that bc2 was the frist BF game for PC with destruction ... but on the other if the whole map was destroyed and you can't find any cover + you cant lay down because it isnt in the game... you face a hard time against vehicles and sniper.

btw. anyone remember the 807 shotgun with the 2 shotgun perks (best sniper ever) xD

Exciting BF1 news today!

They considered the community's feedback and have made changes to the Conquest gamemode and the Light Tank asset. :)

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-learned?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-betalearnings

And the final recommended system specs have been released. It looks like more physical and logical CPU cores the better.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-techspecs

Maps were officially announced today. Some of them look like they could be a blast!

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-mapsreveal

And game modes! Operations sounds very interesting. A single multiplayer campaign across multiple maps promising over 1 hour of playtime to complete. :)

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/modes?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-modesreveal

**** this game and **** EA.... It will turn into a giant **** fest of ****'s

Why can't we say ****? I don't get it

EDIT again: but on the real though, this game looks awesome, especially for a 15 year old girl

Edited by IWI-GALIL5.56FA