It's fun-ish as far as I played the beta.

I love the theme of the game and there's quite a bit of destruction going on.

It seems most weapons (or all?) are not instant hit anymore so you need to lead moving targets to actually hit them.

However the gameplay is too fast paced and it takes too many bullets to kill someone. If you catch a sniper by surprise but can't really melee him it sucks to put 4 bullets in the bastard just to have him turn around and blast you with one shot. The spawn system seems confusing though it's pretty liberal.

There also seem to be some discrepancies between what you see the other player doing and what he's actually doing. I got shot by guys who weren't even looking at me or were looking but weren't shooting (at least from my perspective). But hey, it's a beta so they'll probably iron some of these out.

Oh, and one last thing. When I click on the Quit button it asks me if I want to quit. If I click yes, the window closes and I'm back to the menu. If I click no, the game quits. Wicked.

After 3 hours in the Beta, I'm definitely pickin up BF1.

Sure the bullet tracers are overly exaggerated, but the game looks absolutely stunning and runs like a scalded dog performance wise. Like MirceaDogaru stated, the theme of the game is great and plenty of destruction. Weapons are not point n click, and felt really good to me. The planes are awesome, but not difficult to bring down.

Bugs aside, I found the game play to be a blast.

IMHO, that's how an early access game should play.

Not a buy yet, but likely a very big seller.  Overall a decent game, but the same Battlefield issues as before.

Graphics - Excellent (top notch)

Audio - Very Good

Variety of classes - Fair

Vehicles - Good

Gameplay - Fair (at best)

Overall Depth - Fair (at best)

**Edit:  Game is very poor regarding team cohesion elements.  Needs larger maps.  Bigger squads.  Add team based modes.

Edited by CageMatchKimsey

17 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

DDOS attack

really? I thought it's just an overload.

edit:

google makes you smarter.
yep, its an DDOS attack...

Edited by beginna

I'm really enjoying the beta so far. I'll probably enjoy it 10x more once I get a full squad of 5 together with mics in Discord.

But I can't help but think -- the major dilemma I have with AAA FPS gaming of today, for years, the same reason I was attracted to Squad in the first place.. the BF series would be so much better off gameplay wise if it toned down the pacing, the gamey shit (like spawning on any of your teammates) and stuff like that. Just.. take a page from Project Reality. (And now Squad). Or hell, even Red Orchestra.

If anything.. even if mods won't ever be allowed.. at the very least, I wish (in vain) that DICE would give people an in-game tool or something to host their own custom games. No actual in-game content being changed, just the rulesets.. Simple things that go beyond 'hardcore' mode, like:

• Can only spawn on Squad Leader if they're outside of the range of enemy presence to some limit (allow that proximity limit to be edited)
  • Limit the amount of medkits/ammo crates players can throw 
  • Limit the amount of vehicle assets teams may get, increase spawn times
  • Linear map captures.. Do not allow certain flags to be capped in any random order, just like AAS in PR/Squad, etc.
  • Require a certain amount of players on one team to be present in the cap zone to begin capping a flag, just like AAS
  • Require a driver in a tank for the gun to be used (and other similar vehicle assets)

I want to see more squads defending flags instead of this constant running about like madmen, seeing lone players capping flags, lone players solo-ing vehicles, etc.

'Battlefield moments' are better when they include your teammates.

20 minutes ago, IRONXBAY said:

'Battlefield moments' are better when they include your teammates.

Well said!

I can´t really say much yet, because I only played 3 rounds. What I really don´t like is that they made it like in Battlefront so that you only can spawn in airplanes and that they are not just spawning in your main base.

Just now, koschilein said:

Well said!

I can´t really say much yet, because I only played 3 rounds. What I really don´t like is that they made it like in Battlefront so that you only can spawn in airplanes and that they are not just spawning in your main base.

I'd be fine without planes at all, but i'm sure i'm part of the minority there.

Any ETA when servers will be back online?

I hope they will extend the beta for compensation

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MINTY said:

No respect for EA since Battlefield 3, they make garbage yet people still buy it. 

One mans garbage is another mans treasure. Dice make quality games. They may not be to the style of your liking but you have to acknowledge their games play as they were designed to and with plenty of wow. EA on the other hand, well they don't really make anything but money off the back of others hard work.

If you're looking for a solo/team style game BF has a lot to offer. If you're looking for proper coordinated teamplay it's best to look elsewhere as no matter how Dice dish it up they're catering for masses and they don't really want/know how to play that way.

3 hours ago, MINTY said:

No respect for EA since Battlefield 3, they make garbage yet people still buy it. 

exactly, im boycotting them since bf3, havent spent a cent on DICE ever since then...

No Mods = No Buy

and dont forget how even DICE lied to its fans about modding prior to the release of bf3 

Edited by fabiochavez

It's a good game... not amazing one thou. I got bored pretty fast. Anyway - I had fun but I don't think Ill buy it.

You're buying eye candy with Battlefield, short term fulfillment. I still don't think BF 1 is a buy yet, until more modes are announced, it should sell fantastically though because the graphics are smooth and wow.  Give me an ugly lady like Squad in comparison every day of the week.  What do you become if you marry Battlefield?  You become a Squid if you marry Squad.  So there it is. 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

If you're looking for a solo/team style game BF has a lot to offer. If you're looking for proper coordinated teamplay it's best to look elsewhere as no matter how Dice dish it up they're catering for masses and they don't really want/know how to play that way.

Ive been playing Battlefield games since BF2, and all of their games after that, 2142, bad company, bad company 2, 3 and 4. The fun stopped at Bad Company 2. Unfinished games, bugs, servers down, dlc, premium, all ruined the franchise for me at least. 

3 minutes ago, MINTY said:

Ive been playing Battlefield games since BF2, and all of their games after that, 2142, bad company, bad company 2, 3 and 4. The fun stopped at Bad Company 2. Unfinished games, bugs, servers down, dlc, premium, all ruined the franchise for me at least. 

Played Battlefield since 1942 and have enjoyed all them mostly. Skipped 2142 but BF4 has just about killed it for me now. The netcode issues and massive DLC costs have not helped but, in reality, I want more teamplay in my team based games and BF now just doesn't provide it. It's just CoD with vehicles and objectives.

I think I would mod in a chain of command feature.  There could be a command list of objectives to be completed each round.  SLs would select which ones their squad will do first....upon completion the list would come up again and a new objective would be selected. Every squad leader would see the command board and know which squad is doing what objective.  There would be unassigned squads that do not get to select objectives and must follow the orders of their assigned squad group leader...which could be a SL or Lt commander of the game. These squads are free to do any objective or task assigned to them. Of course in the course of a game objectives can be lost and fought over several times as the game goes back and forth and the command list would update as needed. If one team completes all command list objectives....for the win. 

This is just a rough idea! 

Could something like this work to make matches more team oriented?

I've had a blast with it! Getting a full squad in comms (like Discord) is a must since the in-game VOIP is pretty awful. Once you have clear comms, the game can really shine. We had a blast tonight dominating in some Rush 12v12!

9XN0cBx.png

Here come all the annoying "I hate the topic of this thread so i'm going to show up and let everybody KNOW ABOUT IT!!" posts

It's a ton of fun. Mindless hehe, but fun as hell. Everyone who uses it interacts with my stuff, so I am biased :)