Seriously!  I hated BF2.  Least favorite of the series.  

I don't like the vehicle thing.  I feel like it takes away from the fun of the game.  

@dolmaface Most of the things you mentioned are from BF2 onward.  Which is not classic BF.  BF2 was the start of the end by adding the commander role, stat tracking, and ranks.  

Sorry to disagree with you but BF42 and BFV were the best of the whole series.  I completely understand your stance and what you are suggesting but PR, Squad, hell even ARMA offer what you want.  EA/Dice lost their way but not the way you think they did.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-heres-five-things-you-need-to-know/

This clarifies about classes and destruction....they have returned the medic and there is no engineer class...looks like return to way BF2 was....:)  They got separate class for vehicles too...a crewman class...

Edited by XRobinson
more thought

Bad Company 3 you EA Fuckers. BAD COMPANY 3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just make BF2 remastered (Like MW1 remastered that i may be will buy) and i will be the most happy person on the planet. :/

Like the concept of WW1 but there is a great chance that they( evil EA) can screw us over which will heavly hurt AAA industry with money-grabbing method and repetitive gameplay with no innovative idea but I really want BF1 but I have to wait for E3 for more information.

Mmm... BFV.

The lead designer interview reads like the team is actually happy to visit WW1. The tactics that I am interested in exploring are after WW2. Thus I don't mind of they don't focus on the command chain, tactical and communication features. I am happy if it makes the devs happy and it makes it less profitable for Activision to retain their ostensibly more unethical work conditions. Though I don't care for EA.

I am burnt out on the BF series. I was burnt out on it as early as BF2. Annoying endlessly spinning cursor and menu music...

The only title I felt that I missed out on is Bad Company 1.

No. The gameplay I am interested in seems to be catered to by Squad. Since their game and the development seems reasonable and promising I am happy with the situation.

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-1-information-blowout-medic-sabers-open-levels-cool-maps-and-more

This article claims BF1 is modeled after BAdCompany2.  And I noticed it has a armored train...which I suggested Squad get in a level months ago!  And was laughed at here! as being not doable! :) I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised!  Our doubts will be void!

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-1-information-blowout-medic-sabers-open-levels-cool-maps-and-more

This article claims BF1 is modeled after BAdCompany2.  And I noticed it has a armored train...which I suggested Squad get in a level months ago!  And was laughed at here! as being not doable! :) I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised!  Our doubts will be void!

This is EA. I am highly skeptical until E3 when they release gameplay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, WarFox89 said:

Just make BF2 remastered (Like MW1 remastered that i may be will buy) and i will be the most happy person on the planet. :/

But a real BF2 Remake where Mods are allowed.

13 hours ago, XRobinson said:

The train is definitely in the sp and has been announced to be in the mp but I'm skeptical about how.  I hope it's like the battleships were in BF42.  Not op but fun to play with.  

2 hours ago, Iron said:

The train is definitely in the sp and has been announced to be in the mp but I'm skeptical about how.  I hope it's like the battleships were in BF42.  Not op but fun to play with.  

BF4 had a train which was a cp so I don't see it being an issue to put one in. Battlefront also has a Walker Assault mode. How Dice intend players to interact with a train or a battleship in BF1 is anyone's guess at the moment.

Well I know my train idea was and is a good one especially for WW1 and WW2 scenarios.  It could work for modern as well.  I have yet to see any articles on computer minimum requirements.  And if they plan on heavy VR support.  Anyone got this info?

21 hours ago, Para said:

Bad Company 3 you EA Fuckers. BAD COMPANY 3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

From the articles I read it seems BF1 will  be a lot like Badcompany2.......I could see them re make 1942 after this installment as well as release a new BC.  In fact I will eat a jelly filled chocolate donut if they don't! ;)

24 minutes ago, pedrooo14 said:

That Seven Nation Army remix made my day.

Oh oh its a lovely war....

This thread will last until first month of the release but there would at least 100% chance that there would feature new mode.

Finally  we should wish that BF1 will be again a pathetic arcade bunnyjumping "Mario Brothers with Guns" clone.

We have now Squad as a Standalone with a actuall Engine.

So all we need is enough Players.  I see there no really rivalry on the Market.

And this is good so.  Means more Squad player, means more full server.

16 minutes ago, Royal Deluxe said:

Finally  we should wish that BF1 will be again a pathetic arcade bunnyjumping "Mario Brothers with Guns" clone.

We have now Squad as a Standalone with a actuall Engine.

So all we need is enough Players.  I see there no really rivalry on the Market.

And this is good so.  Means more Squad player, means more full server.

Off-topic for a bit: this is why some people want this game on console.

Also that "

we should wish that BF1 will be again a pathetic arcade bunnyjumping "Mario Brothers with Guns" clone." is a BF2 thing, how often do you that gameplay on latest installment.

Edited by Dennisz125

Lotta production tricks on the vid. I was worried they would try and compete with Squad on the realism-meets-teamwork front for some strange reason. Glad that was unfounded.

I think it unfair to label the recent BF games pathetic. What they do, they do very well. It may not be too mine and your tastes but they've been good stepping stones to help realise what we want in a team based game. Unfortunately Dice are not really building the game to promote teamplay like Squad is. That's because Dice are trying to cater for all play styles including lone wolfs. When you mix all those play styles in a match it can never feel like a coordinated battle. Yes they're big, impressive battles with nice graphics and destruction but the interaction with team mates is so poor it doesn't play much different from BF1942 with bots. That leaves me wanting. I had never really put my finger on it until I played Squad. Until you experience one of those games where everyone is pulling together you can see Squad is on another different level. BF = solo play, common objectives, uncoordinated. Squad = teamplay,  common objectives, coordinated (mostly).

Call me pesemistic but I don't hold out much hope for BF1 being any different to other recent BF games. In fact I think it will be a lot like Battlefront and pander to the console casuals.

I wait and hope to be wrong and teamplay is properly done but I have not heard anything yet to change my mind. Early days though.

16 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I think it unfair to label the recent BF games pathetic.

Maybe you are right. At least it was the best the Designer could do. So it sounds unfair

But i Played BF2 for more than 1000 Hours, and BF4  (BF3 i never buyed) Bf 4 i played for ....around a half hours. Since then i never touched it again

So for me its the right word, but sure, its subjective. And i meaned it referred to the gameplay.

Edited by Royal Deluxe

@Royal Deluxe You only have to look at the game BF has become. Unlocks & ranks given out during playtime to keep players engaged and give the game longevity. Cheap tricks pandering to today's culture. Unfortunately it sells and is easy to do. CoD has taken that to extremes with kill steaks. What does their community now want? Back to basics 'boots on the ground'. No fancy stuff, just decent old school game play. Their is a revolution coming with the way popular games are forsaking gameplay for cheap impressive gimmicks. It could be a very good time for Squad when they finally launch.