Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy_Chuck

What monitors are you using?

Just looking for input on what monitors people are using to play Squad.  Currently, I am forced to use my 28" Samsung LCD TV for playing the game and limited to 720p most evenings.  On my days off while the kids are in school and the wife is at work, I can bring my gaming PC downstairs and use my 1080p HD big screen.  I know my smaller TV is limiting my gaming experience and looking for other options.

And go......

I'm currently using an Acer K272HUL, nothing beats IPS and 1440p is fantastic. I have an old shitty Dell monitor for my second screen. As soon as the new Acer X34 Predator is actually in stock, I'll be picking that up and getting rid of both of the monitors. You should really try to pick up a monitor, your refresh rates and response times have to be horrible. I just recently tried using our 4k tv for gaming, the response time was over 50ms and extremely noticeable. 

144hz Benq XL2420TE with no PWM, got it for $250 years ago

dont skimp on a monitor if you are a pc gamer...

BenQ XL2420Z, once you go 144hz there's no going back. I choose my 24 in 1080 benq monitor over my 55 in 4k Vizio any day when it comes to shooters, if I'm playing racing games I use the Vizio.

Thanks for the input guys - went with a 144mHz gaming monitor.  Should be here Wednesday.

Oh, you went for one of those brand new monitors running at 144 milli Hertz? Damn, that's like one frame every 7th second!

Sorry, just had to make a joke on that prefix error. Anyways, pretty much any 144Hz monitor is solid for gaming. I'm sitting on an older ASUS VG278H 120Hz monitor, and it's good enough that I've promised myself only to buy a new monitor when somebody makes one that's around 30", curved, G-Sync, OLED, 144Hz, 21:9, 2ms response time and 1440p or higher.

I got suckered into Nvidia's 3D Vision when they were really selling it hard before the Battlefield 4 release.

I have the ASUS VG278H monitor. It's a 27" 1080p 120hz screen with built-in 3D emitter and it came with a pair of glasses. I actually really like it. Gaming at 120hz is amazing.

I'm looking for an upgrade though and it's a crazy time to be looking at gaming montiors because so many good one seem to have been release lately.

main_img.png

so does a better monitor actually make things look better?
I've been using a 720p 32 inch sanyo tv since i moved out because why not, its 32 inch screen for gaming so it worked for me when im broke lol.
how much different do games actually look?

(sad because I do have an R9 290 so i can handle way higher then what im using lol)

its just less latency/eye strain like removing pwm and speed or hz

look up ips/lcd/led/tn panels apparently ips has best color/viewing angles but you can get them all to look pretty good color wise

dont know shit about projectors or the tech

LG 24" 24GM77  using @120Hz

very nice gaming monitor. Take it for its colors / brightness good reviews.

So.... I've been really curious about G-SYNC ever since the original ROG Swift PG278Q was released last year.

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Dell version of the same panel, the Dell S2716DG! It gets here Wednesday! I'm hoping with G-SYNC, my fps dips to 40 fps won't feel as slow as they do now in Squad.

(A Pascal GPU is next on the list!)

27"
2560x1440 resolution
144hz refresh rate
8-bit TN panel
1 ms response time

It's basically the ROG Swift but with a HDMI port and Dell warranty.

dell%20monitor_zpsmov6waow.jpg