ReckingOrange

Will it stop being tactical and be like Battlefield 4 ?

Pays 70$ to help the cause,  doesn't like the way it plays, begins team killing and recon by fire.  Already met three of those gents yesterday.

Report them (preferably with evidence) and "actions" will be taken :)

This ^^^

I'll hold my hands up and admit I have no real previous experience with games like this. I am from a COD and battlefield background, with only 30 hours in ArmA III.

We aren't all bad, but saying that, I am not a normal example either. I got mad talent

Burn him. He must burn for this!!!

I think anyone who is active on this forum knows how to play this game, but its inevitable that you will encounter players that are just going to be that lone wolf. But there are more then enough players to populate a server that are PTFO and communicating. And we know how to find one another right? So i thinks it's not a major thing to be afraid of. Let's hope for the best :)

It will be a phase that we have to go through when the floodgates open at first. They will eventually either leave because they dont like what they see or slowly be part of the community.

It will help even further when there are private servers and admins, some servers will have milsim people only, some will have casual people only.

hm, interesting. how would a milsim Squad server compare to a casual Squad server?

Good point. Perhaps a squad should have at least three people to use sniper and mg class. Also, isn't there a limited number of how many squads there can be per side?

Good point. Perhaps a squad should have at least three people to use sniper and mg class. Also, isn't there a limited number of how many squads there can be per side?

man give it time, i think because it was new, lots of player wanted to try it , myself included ( i did that for 1- 2 round then stopped).

but yes, if after 2-3 weeks, players still do that; some kit limitation must be implemented then...

hm, interesting. how would a milsim Squad server compare to a casual Squad server?

Up to the server admins how they run their servers. who they kick because they dont roleplay or follow server rules of being in squads or whatnot.

I think as a community as a whole we need to not push these kids away. We need to give them time and help them to become better/mature and let them grow and learn into the game.

I mean i'm only 20 when I started the ArmA series 5-6 years ago I came from call of duty/Battlefield series. 

Luckly for me a community took me on and showed me the ropes. Now this type of game is my love in-gaming. I wouldn't turn back and i'll always try help a new person become better.

Pays 70$ to help the cause,  doesn't like the way it plays, begins team killing and recon by fire.  Already met three of those gents yesterday.

Aren't they great? jk Oh well, their loss, because they'll get burned for it.

Yep, there will be a bunch of limitations to kits beyond the limitations that are there already.

We hope to roll them out in the next (big) patch.

Team wide limits to certain kits, minimum and scalable limits to squad kits ect.

Hopefully they will make it. We don't want to see any more abuse of the current systems limitations with RPG squads, and 1 man SVD squads.

Does this mean that SL's can ONLY pick the SL role? I'm personally kinda over there being 6-8 SVD's on the INS side.

Does this mean that SL's can ONLY pick the SL role? I'm personally kinda over there being 6-8 SVD's on the INS side.

No, but to have a marksman you will need X people in your squad. Some of the limits will be scalable with squad size too.

More on that when we make it happen.

No, but to have a marksman you will need X people in your squad. Some of the limits will be scalable with squad size too.

More on that when we make it happen.

Sounds good to me!

Players coming from CoD or BF isn't a problem if they change their mentality and that's a learning process. If the devs keep true to their vision and not cave in to mass market demand then squad will always remain squad. We also just can't hate on BF players just because they're BF players without BF I don't think squad would have existed and plus most squad players would have played one BF game in their past and look how well they turned out.

BF was great right up until the point that they canned the refractor engine for the frostbite engine in order to orient the game as console first then port to PC.  You could tell EA bought out DICE and told them to drop what they were doing to focus on console only, just by looking at what BF games came out post 2142. 

That being said I cant really see people coming from BF and COD now and ruining the game because the skill set doesnt really work in squad.  You cant play ridiculous hours to unlock the best weapons to give a huge advantage, you dont run around with super speed and run up walls,  360 no scoping wont work because you die so quickly in squad and dont regenerate health, there is no instant respawn which forces people to play with a more tactical mind set. 

make it so you need to be in a squad to spawn on a fob,

Then watch how fast lonewolfs learn to play after they get tired of walking 5 km every time they get wrecked from the spawn.

Totally second that. A small change that doesn't seem like a lot, but will curb the lonewolves. 

I'm only 20, I been playing realism since 2001 xD OFP and then the entire ArmA series then I got into PR 

I really wish people would invest some time in playing PR before buying this game if they're truly conflicted as to whether or not they'll like this.

I know PR and Squad are going to be their own games, but the inspiration cannot be denied and playing PR helped me immensely with learning more about the community for Squad, how they see how games should be laid out, what they value, etc.

I really wish people would invest some time in playing PR before buying this game if they're truly conflicted as to whether or not they'll like this.

I know PR and Squad are going to be their own games, but the inspiration cannot be denied and playing PR helped me immensely with learning more about the community for Squad, how they see how games should be laid out, what they value, etc.

Exactly what I tell everyone who is even remotely interested in buying right now. If they haven't tried it I direct them straight to it as they will see what Squad will come to resemble over time.