XRobinson

What we want in new WW2 game

Watching this video just now reminded me that yes we do want one with the features mentioned here:

1. Destroyable buildings, planes, tanks, environment, etc.

2. Team play objectives without flags.

3. No weapon lockes.

4. Commander to help strategy and guide team objectives.

5. What did I miss from the Video?

I want Darkest Hour with better graphics, bullet penetration, destructible buildings, and a squad dynamic like in PR/Squad.  I just gotta wait for Festung Europa or Traction Wars.  

Damn, I was so hyped for few minutes. New Battlefield? Second World War? and then I realized there is new EA that produced Battlefield 3, 4 and paid mod for it. So useless DLC's, no mod support.

I want just game that will be good as Battlefield 1942, that will be PC exclusive, with mod support, dedicated servers ....

I miss the old Battlefield, time to install them again.

I just want a good story, no Hollywood scenes, long campaign, incredible inmersion. No MP. Is it so hard to achieve?

Oh and no SF yit, regular forces only

Just a WW2 mod for Squad would work for me. Once the CA assets are in game? Imagine the beauty......  Maps and battles historically accurate and tailored to the period. Tank battles, N Africa, Bocage battles, sea to land invasions, etc. I think there's still a lot of WW2 fans and modders out there waiting for a good game and engine to build on.

I was so pumped for Iron Front and crushed when it ran like crap and there was zero MP.  :(

I think to have truly immence destruction the Frostbite 3 engine will be needed, without destruction the game will not be that new to what is already been done I think. Destruction in a ww2 game has not been done to degree like it has been done like Bad Company 2.

Destruction, while great in concept is pretty far down my list. It's cool in BC2, but cartoony and too complete. If I had to compromise destruction for huge maps and 100+ servers, I'd happily do it.

Destroying assets is what war is all about, if assets of enemy are destroyed they cannot fight or win if their opponents assets are intact. To avoid high casualties like ww1, one must destroy enemy assets as opposed to killing soldiers which take much longer to win, ww1 exampled.

Destruction in new game is number one for me for new ww2 game. Squad total war with huge maps and 100 players is a good tradeoff for now, but down the road people and myself included want the destruction I think. And will happen I feel.

It will not happen at least not in Squad. Destructible objects will be a performance killer. Yes it was achieved in bc2 but maps were considerably smaller.

I want Darkest Hour with better graphics, bullet penetration, destructible buildings, and a squad dynamic like in PR/Squad.  I just gotta wait for Festung Europa or Traction Wars.  

Also found a work in progress game called Iron Clash which looks fascinating but not a lot of information on it.  I think it is from the makers of Iron Front 1944.

Also found a work in progress game called Iron Clash which looks fascinating but not a lot of information on it.  I think it is from the makers of Iron Front 1944.

I just want a good story, no Hollywood scenes, long campaign, incredible inmersion. No MP. Is it so hard to achieve?

Oh and no SF yit, regular forces only

Right... because they would seriously consider making a battlefield game single player only.    :rolleyes:   I'd say that ridiculously unrealistic thought is impossible to achieve.

Seeing the video made me remember how much fun I had with my elementary school friend playing the BF1942 Wake Island MP DEMO when it came out.  I'm 27 now so it's crazy to think it was actually that long ago.  Man that was so fun though..... playing on a nice for the times DSL line and having a friggin blast with it.  BF1942 was the shit back then.  Eventually though some people get tired of having to shoot an enemy soldier 9 times in the heart to put them down.  That kind of thing is what drove me away from BF.  Even BF4 on hardcore mode is too unrealistic for me.  I like massive vehicle combat for sure but I just need to have semi believable bullet damage.

And as for destruction, I've always been a fan of it in games.  You could seriously affect gameplay and tactics with environment and structure destruction.  Taking out bridges leading to objectives, etc.

Right... because they would seriously consider making a battlefield game single player only.    :rolleyes:   I'd say that ridiculously unrealistic thought is impossible to achieve.

Who said it had to be another Battlefield / EA cash grab.

You may have heard that Black Ops 3 from Treyarch will have the mapping and modding tools returned to the community.

If you have played the game or seen some of the videos you may or will have seen that there are WW2 instances in the game.  This means that the assets should be available to use for the creation of mods and maps for that era.  The tools are still in development at this point and the alpha testing of those tools is suppose to happen around the end of March.  I dont know how long the testing process will be but once finished the tools should then be publicly available with dedicated server support.

What this all means is that it is quite possible that WW2 will once again be available for the game that made WW2 so damn fun.  My site is heavily populated with mappers and modders that are gearing up to produce the new content and we are all quite excited to finally have the opportunity to see what we can do since the engine and the tools have changed so much since Call of Duty World at War.

Upgraded graphics, authentic weapon firing, one shot rifle shots. Anything WW2 man. I want to see it modern.

Could you imagine the old BF1942 with the destruction of BFBC2.......thats the ticket along with updated graphics, modes, locations, abilities.....dream on dream on!

As this is pertaining to Battlefield, I'll say what I think we all really want: a game that isn't just Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the core. Even with Battlefield 1 there really hasn't been any major changes to the core gameplay. In Battlefield: Vietnam there were spider holes to spawn in and the attacking-oriented warfare was totally one-sided, in Battlefield 1942 there were all sorts of interesting weapons and vehicles that weren't directly balanced, and even in Battlefield 2 the game felt like each team was somewhat unique.

However, since Bad Company came out the game has been about choosing whatever you want on either side and then hopping into battle between what is nothing more than a blue team and a red team. No longer is each team uniquely locked to their weapons or their play style, but instead you've got whatever you want available at your finger tips regardless of who you're fighting for.

Battlefield has been devolving from a team-based game to a large-scale Call of Duty. The games are amorphous now rather than unique. The settings are merely an excuse to shoot bullets at each other rather than a way of fighting. Battlefield 1 is set in World War 1 yet it doesn't have poison gas, trench warfare, or even the French military, yet it does have a wealth of semi-automatic and automatic weapons/prototypes that have attachments, horses with swords and shield combat, and all sorts of other crap that just takes the piss out of the setting.

When all that changes are the weapons and maps, why bother buying a new game? Battlefield 4 and Hardline already have more weapons and maps than most people know what to do with.