Sign in to follow this  
Stom

Future character mesh system?

This is a question to the developers about how the upcoming character models will be implemented into the game. Will each character model be made of a single unique mesh, like the current temporary characters, or will characters be constructed in engine with multiple separate meshes (vests, heads, clothes etc)?

I ask this out of interest for asset system design in games and for future modding.

It's understandable if this is something that you guys don't want to publicly discuss, but i thought now would be a good time to ask since it appears you've got permanent character assets in development.

Thanks for all of your time and effort on the game, and i cannot wait to see the new characters in action.

They are modular to some extend, but this first implementation they are assembled outside of the engine in various configurations, but they are compatible for putting them together in engine in some kind of customization system if we ever make it that far.

They are modular to some extend, but this first implementation they are assembled outside of the engine in various configurations, but they are compatible for putting them together in engine in some kind of customization system if we ever make it that far.

Cheers for the info, and just out of curiosity are you guys using a base character mesh that you would be willing to release when modding comes online? I've still got my anatomy modelling training wheels on but I love character modelling and texturing.