33 posts in this topic

So I'm not sure how many of you have been experiencing it in this build, but the number of instant deaths seems really high. Doesn't matter which team or class I play as and I can't pin down certain situations when this happens, but it's real. The amount of times I go completely dead and not into the incapacitated state seems much higher since the last build. I don't think I'm the only one. Am I?

you're not the only one ,

and I almost rage quitted today.. I had in one match a k/d ratio of 11/10 and 9 of them were instant deaths :\

hope it's just a bug ..

So I'm not sure how many of you have been experiencing it in this build, but the number of instant deaths seems really high. Doesn't matter which team or class I play as and I can't pin down certain situations when this happens, but it's real. The amount of times I go completely dead and not into the incapacitated state seems much higher since the last build. I don't think I'm the only one. Am I?

I didn't run into this issue, you may have got bombed the shit out of you or got headshotted all the time? Those could be valid reasons to go insta-death

I have ran into it as well. But a number of them I believe may have been explosions not sure.

I mean a lot of them have been 1v1 rifle vs rifle. Which I'm ok with losing, but I feel like the opportunity for revive should still happen. I thought I might just be getting headshotted all the time, but if that's the case then we've got way more pro MLG players in this build versus the last build. It's like my head is as big as a pumpkin or something.

It's just frustrating and not great for gameplay. Why have medics when they can't revive their buddies because they went insta dead?

It's just frustrating and not great for gameplay. Why have medics when they can't revive their buddies because they went insta dead?

I get your point but I really can't recall such an issue myself, so can't really tell if I agree or disagree.

Don't you instantly die from a headshot? Sounds to me you got domed a shit ton.

A good portion of my play time it feels like I still have a pumpkin on my head. Don't even hear the crack of a missed shot, just walking/crawling and then dead.

A good portion of my play time it feels like I still have a pumpkin on my head. Don't even hear the crack of a missed shot, just walking/crawling and then dead.

This too. Not a single sound. Weird

Same, seems to have happened several times. Could just be a string of headshots, but eh. 

I just chalked it up to me being unlucky and getting shot in the head. I have been surviving a lot more explosions though. 

Yep today got instant death many times, lots of headshots from a good sniper or something else i dont know.

I asked people in my squad and they didn't seem to notice anything.

I've been just dying outright with no sound a lot too. I'm not sure if I'm getting headshotted all over the place or what.

I knew I wasn't going crazy. The no sound too reminds of the instant death bug BF4 had to deal with.

Time for Mythbusters then...

Just have a squad mate shoot you in the head.  I'm down :D  I think it is also something with being slightly injured and eating something that didn't agree with you.  I remember reading on the kickstarter that this is supposed to be the case after being injured or revived.  I can only assume (obviously) that being grenaded or shot in the head wouldn't give much warning or sound effects of how you died.  Though, I would prefer a white tunnel-like background when I'm dead ;)

Sounds to me like you guys had a couple of rounds against BLITZA.

Instant death is usually the outcome when you open exchanges with the big man  :lol:  :lol:

The fact that you don't see or hear anything, you're just suddenly thrown to dead screen mid-sentence, is somewhat immersion breaking. I don't know, maybe it's realistic, but it's not a very good implementation in a game. Seems to happen a lot too, but doesn't bother me that much anymore. Got used to it.

All day yesterday for me as well.  Completely inside a building or in cover at main base, and then instant death.  No gunfire, explosions.  Clearly a bug.

All day yesterday for me as well.  Completely inside a building or in cover at main base, and then instant death.  No gunfire, explosions.  Clearly a bug.

Exactly what I experienced the other day... was really gripping my sh!t.

Or a feature...it's not so clear.

I am pretty positive what is occurring is that people are either 1) Getting killed again within 60 seconds of a revive 2) Already wounded, then taking damage over the incap. HP pool 3) taking headshots.

Now, you hear no sounds because what is occurring is the moment you actually die, your camera (practically) instantly goes to the world camera, usually situated somewhere in the sky or inside a building to set a "scene". Since you are no longer possessing your character, you never hear a snap, bullet impact, nothing.

Not necessarily a bug, some would argue realistic even, but this is what I am suspecting at the moment. (This has occurred to me several times as well)

Also, not saying there is not a bug, that is just my hypothesis at the moment.

Quick question just to clarify: If you get hit and self bandage and then get hit again (before a medic can heal) you go dead dead or just incap?

Depends on the damage and where it hit but I don't think its coded to force death in that case.  I've been bandaged and get knocked down but I get up again, never gonna keep me down!

Quick question just to clarify: If you get hit and self bandage and then get hit again (before a medic can heal) you go dead dead or just incap?

Yep,by using your bandage your stopping bleedout.If the Medic dosen't heal you & you get shot..Gameover Dead,Dead!.