Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyRaygun

Smooth out transitioning with animation states

Currently I feel there is a bit of a mini game where you're fighting yourself as well as the enemy with animation states.  What I mean is, I've been shot before while having a LAW out. So here I am bleeding out and instead of tossing my used LAW to the ground and bandaging, I properly stow the LAW rocket away (even though it's a 1 time use weapon) and bleed out before I can pull a bandage out.  Very frustrating.   Same with the m203 launcher.  I shouldn't have to put away the weapon then pull it back out to lift a simple leaf sight.  With the addition of smoke rounds it's even worse. 

My suggestion would be, for the grenadier have 3 firing modes for their m4.  Single/Auto/Grenade launcher.  If you choose grenade launcher there is a 1 second pause in case the player wants to go back to single fire.  After that 1 second, the player then lifts the leaf sight and opens the breech.  Hit 3/4/5 whatever to choose your grenade and the player loads that grenade type.  Have the game remember whatever you loaded previously.  If you want, choose a different grenade and have the player clear the breech and load a different round in.  As for the LAW, as soon as it's fired have them toss that shit to the side.  It's no longer needed after firing. 

It is in the plan, its just that the system functionality hasn't been built in yet to allow for quick switching or fast disposal of one-shot weapons.