Curry

3 things - Blood, Death & Dust

1. More blood - Since there´s no kill feed in this game (witch is good) it´s essential understanding if you hitting/missing the target. I Would like to see more blood both on close-range and scoped weapons (like insurgency). I love the fact of you actually have to sneak to the enemy location (where the walls would be blood covered) and confirm the kill, imagine seeing/following a blood-trail in to a nearby room where the enemy trying to heal/survive and finishing him off. Would be cool if you even could here the heavy breathing from the enemy soldier, instead of the heartbeats that now dominate the you are actually bleeding... 

2. Death Animations - spinn off from topic above.  it could be nice to actually have some more advanced death animations/rag-doll effects when spraying down an enemy close range or hitting them from a midrange ambush. Every time i do kill an enemy from mid-range confrontation i often mistake the visual confirmation of a kill with a "dive to cover". In IRL i´m sure you would make out the difference. 

3. Dust & particles. I think the overall game experience would benefit if we could see more dust/particles in a firefight, such as bullets hitting the sand, walls etc. I know the game is in a early stage but i feel the intense firefights could benefit from this simple suggestion.

Keep up to good work!

3. Dust & particles

I think that there is alot of dust and particles flying around when you hit the wall... or when you are standing at a wall and taking fire. But sure there could be more dust on the ground!

Otherwise good points!

Alot of your suggestion have already been talked about to death!.

2.Death animation/all animations are is still being worked on (nothing is final).

3.Dust/Particles.If I'm correct,is all comes down to performance/optimization...

We can expect more to come,I believe!. ;)

I'm not really into the hole "More blood". I get it, I love to get the red mist in my scope. 
But I think it's really good the way it is now.

I'm not convinced that in combat you necessarily would know if someone was dead etc. I prefer the fog of war element that actually is in place right now. I'm certainly not keen on more blood spattering.

Bullets kick up way less blood than you've been led to believe. I'd like to see maybe a dust effect or a wound decal on the point of impact but more than that would feel forced and inauthentic.

Bullets kick up way less blood than you've been led to believe. I'd like to see maybe a dust effect or a wound decal on the point of impact but more than that would feel forced and inauthentic.

I believe you can already see the penetration point on an enemy, it just depends on how close your are... if you're close enough you can see it. I noticed it when watching one of my videos back. 

I'm not sure if you can see the same when a friendly is hit. 

unless its a 12.7mm (HMG) or +> 20mm (cannon) thats doing the killing ;)

I actually prefer the ragdolling to seem as natural as a guy dropping to his knee/stomach, and I dislike most death animations. From the side of the shooter a death animation is cheesy and super repetitive. No matter how many variations and little tricks are used to hide the same animation it still becomes apparent to someone who will (eventually) see the same thing hundreds or thousands of times. On the end of the person getting killed it can be extremely frustrating. RO2 has a specific death animation in which your screen slowly fades to black, it is downright angering and often deadly to teammates when someone just fires wildly.

Another thing to consider is that most of the times when a player goes down he is not dead yet, but instead incapacitated on his back bleeding out and calling for medic. People don't always out right die in this game. Besides, if you catch someone turning around and/or jumping you can get some pretty hilarious deaths.

More blood isn't a good idea for me. I think that most people are driven by what they sees in movies but it's actually wrong. 

For the dust I guess it depends of the map but I gotta say that I was surprised to see how much dust a bullet can make when hitting a wall ! 

The amount of blood spray is fine, but actually having blood splatter on the ground would be cool and not inauthentic. Make it almost like a hunting game so I can track down my prey after I wound them.

The amount of blood spray is fine, but actually having blood splatter on the ground would be cool and not inauthentic. Make it almost like a hunting game so I can track down my prey after I wound them.

Animals don't wear body armor, nor do they bandage.

more blood please :)   was even better with the spray off of the pumpkins lol only if that was red with normal skins hmm theres a thought :P

One of the things I mentioned to the devs in game, was that I really love the fact smoke and explosion smoke do not disappear suddenly.. it hangs around for a good while, this is ace. In other games a nade goes off, bit of dust   Opacity 100 > 0 in 3 seconds which looks crap. Yeah am all for more smoke and dust IF it stays on screen and fades way naturally.

Would also love wind to blow smoke grenades around a bit.

Ps. more blood and gore, death screams very very welcomed.

One of the things I mentioned to the devs in game, was that I really love the fact smoke and explosion smoke do not disappear suddenly.. it hangs around for a good while, this is ace. In other games a nade goes off, bit of dust   Opacity 100 > 0 in 3 seconds which looks crap. Yeah am all for more smoke and dust IF it stays on screen and fades way naturally.

Would also love wind to blow smoke grenades around a bit.

Ps. more blood and gore, death screams very very welcomed.

Something that is very rare these days and i think hard to implement is making sure that smoke does not travel through objects like walls, smoke already in some games can be a frame killer so that is probably the reason why its this way.

I think there is a nice balance right now. Like everything else, I'm sure it will be tweaked to how the developers think it provides the best gameplay.

There is certainly enough dust and particles from this grenade. :)

Animals don't wear body armor, nor do they bandage.

Very true Sparc, but I would love to see some blood spatter on the ground or wall/bush based on bullet's last calculated trajectory through the target.

I don't like the idea of a huge red mist spray for anything but .50cal, but a bit of blood spatter on the other side of a standard round would be very useful contextual information if you're trying to work out whether you hit a guy or not as you move up.

I think the dust and particle effects are getting close to perfect, nades are amazing. Would be cool to see a little more lasting smoke and dust generally, like if you have a lot of grenades and incoming fire on an area in a short duration, have a small amount of drifting localised 'smoke' in a set metre radius (thinning at edges) around it.