tomiotown

After the first day of playing..

Hey everyone!

I played Squad Alpha today for the first time. I really enjoyed playing the game.

When I first spawned, I had no idea what to do.. I was playing with my friend and apparently was the Squad Leader.

We both had no idea what to do, but luckily we had a nice squad member who explained us almost everything.

After playing one game, my friend became a Rifleman so a more experienced squad member could become Squad Leader.

He gave us the plan, said what we had to do and what not to do. 

First we regrouped and then we pushed over the hill, we got under heavy fire and we suffered some casualties.

We fell back since we lost both medics in the firefight while they were trying to revive / heal wounded squad members.

We entered the compound to prepare for the incoming Tango attack.

All this under direct command of the Squad Leader.

It was really awesome!

I did have some problems while playing, it could be just me or it could be some known issues.

- I once got stuck in a doorway while trying to run through the doorway

- The recoil in Semi Automatic firemode was kinda hard to handle

- It was hard to see enemies from 150m+

- Server sided lag

- Grenades are like mini-nukes

Please don't see this as criticism, I'm just trying to help, also sorry for my English, it's not my native language :)

I just wanted to share my first experience playing Squad. I really look forward to the full game.

Bye!

Edit:

Another issue I forgot to mention

There appears to be some invisible walls in some of the windows of buildings, you can't shoot through it or throw grenades through it. (I found out the ward way :D)

Edit 2:

It could be my graphic settings, causing me not to see enemies from 150m+. I don't know, when I have time I'll try to figure it out!

I also had my first game yesterday, and I can answer point to point to your considerations:

- Stuck in doorway never happened to me (5 hours game, since yesterday), I had only little problems understanding at what height the jump goes.
- About recoil I don't think so, I mean, maybe slightly less but it's better this than a BF2 style recoil
- I had no problems seeing enemies at 150m+, you just have to be quiet and seek small movements, just 'cause this isn't an arcade game.
- I never had server or client sided lag
- About granades i have to disagree, it depends on where you are and, again, this is not battlefield 2. (For instance: behind a wall, or a low wall well covered, you won't get hurt until the grenade reaches you behind your cover, this means to me that its model is well done). For the distance, I can't help you because I really don't know a real grenade explosion how far can hit you.

(I'm from Italy, btw)

P.S.

Real honest personal opinions!

I also had my first game yesterday, and I can answer point to point to your considerations:

- Stuck in doorway never happened to me (5 hours game, since yesterday), I had only little problems understanding at what height the jump goes.

- About recoil I don't think so, I mean, maybe slightly less but it's better this than a BF2 style recoil

- I had no problems seeing enemies at 150m+, you just have to be quiet and seek small movements, just 'cause this isn't an arcade game.

- I never had server or client sided lag

- About granades i have to disagree, it depends on where you are and, again, this is not battlefield 2. (For instance: behind a wall, or a low wall well covered, you won't get hurt until the grenade reaches you behind your cover, this means to me that its model is well done). For the distance, I can't help you because I really don't know a real grenade explosion how far can hit you.

(I'm from Italy, btw)

P.S.

Real honest personal opinions!

Hey bud!

The recoil of the m4 compared to real life isn't right, the real life recoil appears to be lower than the recoil in game. So i think they'll fix it later on.

I think the grenades are like mini-nukes because I was in cover and got killed by a grenade which was literally 25 meters away.

I also got killed one by a grenade while is was behind cover, the grenade was at the other side of the wall.

And thanks for answering honestly!

Hey bud!

The recoil of the m4 compared to real life isn't right, the real life recoil appears to be lower than the recoil in game. So i think they'll fix it later on.

I think the grenades are like mini-nukes because I was in cover and got killed by a grenade which was literally 25 meters away.

I also got killed one by a grenade while is was behind cover, the grenade was at the other side of the wall.

And thanks for answering honestly!

25 meters? :blink:  :blink: 

I am quite sure that's a bug (and there is a recent post talking about that) :)

About recoil, if you have tried an M4, I should shut the **** up :unsure:

- There appears to be some invisible walls in some of the windows of buildings, you can't shoot through it or throw grenades through it. (I found out the ward way :D)

Hey, welcome.

The shooting through windows thing may be down to sights vs barrel height. One of the few games out there that take this into consideration. Bullets originate from barrel, not from your eyes.

The only thing that I experienced after playing the whole weekend was that the grenades probably dont get stuck at invisible holes, but because when you start throwing them, they get thrown from further down and not from the middle of the screen.

So when you are at a window and look through it, the grenade will hit the bottom part of the window, you need to aim a lot higher and dont stand directly infront of the window. But its more a guess. I never really dared to throw a grenade out of a window :P

After one of my grenades bounced at construction site of the forest map and killed 2 team members ^^

I don't agree with OP regarding nade, there are everything except OP, they even should be buffed :)

everyone has his own opinion! :D

The only thing that I experienced after playing the whole weekend was that the grenades probably dont get stuck at invisible holes, but because when you start throwing them, they get thrown from further down and not from the middle of the screen.

So when you are at a window and look through it, the grenade will hit the bottom part of the window, you need to aim a lot higher and dont stand directly infront of the window. But its more a guess. I never really dared to throw a grenade out of a window :P

After one of my grenades bounced at construction site of the forest map and killed 2 team members ^^

that could be what happened to me.. i don't know, but what i do know is that my body literally painted a wall in red.. :D

i think even AK has less recoil i mean i own one and shoot regularly and the recoil is very manageable in semi...  Auto for any weapon is a whole diffenerent story but honestly

You can actually see my gun in my avatar

i think even AK has less recoil i mean i own one and shoot regularly and the recoil is very manageable in semi...  Auto for any weapon is a whole diffenerent story but honestly

ye in Squad, the AK has less recoil than the M4.

i shoot in semi ofcourse. auto fire is not very manageable

ye in Squad, the AK has less recoil than the M4.

i shoot in semi ofcourse. auto fire is not very manageable

Hey guys, you're spot on about the M4 having far too much recoil, especially considering they should have a KAC rail and PEQ of some sort adding weight to the front. Even bare bones it shouldn't have as much muzzle climb as it does in game, nor should it have a full automatic feature to begin with but that's another story and I'm sure all this is placeholder material as well.

As for the AK, the AK in game should have very low felt recoil as well considering it's a 74 variant chambered in 5.45 which fires a slightly lighter projectile at a lower velocity than it's M855 counterpart. I have previously owned a WaffenWerkz AK74 with the typical milspec muzzle brake you see on most full size 74's, and boy was that thing just a kitten to shoot. Typically, 74's have less recoil IRL than AR variants because of these factors. Hopefully all of this is simply place holder values and will be tweaked and adjusted. I know the full auto on the M4 absolutely circus cannoned me into an autism spectrum fit of rage, but I'm sure it will be corrected. So far this game feels, looks, and plays top notch. Hard to believe it's still just a closed alpha. Very impressed at the speed in which the developers are progressing, and how responsive and interactive they are with the community overall. Great job.

Hey guys, you're spot on about the M4 having far too much recoil, especially considering they should have a KAC rail and PEQ of some sort adding weight to the front. Even bare bones it shouldn't have as much muzzle climb as it does in game, nor should it have a full automatic feature to begin with but that's another story and I'm sure all this is placeholder material as well.

As for the AK, the AK in game should have very low felt recoil as well considering it's a 74 variant chambered in 5.45 which fires a slightly lighter projectile at a lower velocity than it's M855 counterpart. I have previously owned a WaffenWerkz AK74 with the typical milspec muzzle brake you see on most full size 74's, and boy was that thing just a kitten to shoot. Typically, 74's have less recoil IRL than AR variants because of these factors. Hopefully all of this is simply place holder values and will be tweaked and adjusted. I know the full auto on the M4 absolutely circus cannoned me into an autism spectrum fit of rage, but I'm sure it will be corrected. So far this game feels, looks, and plays top notch. Hard to believe it's still just a closed alpha. Very impressed at the speed in which the developers are progressing, and how responsive and interactive they are with the community overall. Great job.

The devs have military advisers. They know what theyre doing.

"Conversion of M4s to the M4A1 began in 2014, the start of all U.S. Army forces being equipped with the automatic variant."http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20110430/NEWS/104300326/Improved-carbines-headed-your-way

About recoil, pretty sure devs made it that way for gameplay reasons so that firefights last longer and skill becomes much more of a factor in battles.

Don't quote me though, and welcome to the squad community

The devs have military advisers. They know what theyre doing.

"Conversion of M4s to the M4A1 began in 2014, the start of all U.S. Army forces being equipped with the automatic variant."http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20110430/NEWS/104300326/Improved-carbines-headed-your-way

I spent 6 years as an infantryman in the US army, from 08-2014. The conversion of M4's to M4A1's is nonsense just like the USMC adopting the Colt M45 CQB pistol as a standard service pistol, and the M1A3 to be in service by 2017. These are pipe dreams that fail to come to fruition. Shit, half the guys in my unit had burst blockers on our M4's making them capable of semi-automatic only.

Hello tomio, welcome to the world and community of SQUAD!

Also, I love your avatar

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

shokugeki no soma for life! you watch the anime or read the manga?