saXoni   

v= local = 20 meters

And yes dead players voice and text are visible. I think the voip should cut off when down, as it is kind of cheating.

Cool. I'd rather have it the other way around tbh, no text but VOIP. There's no way to identify your squad mates other than by voice, so when there are several people down and you need to get your own guys first it's a great way to figure it out.

Awesome post. Thanks. 

One leetle point: The phrase is usually said:  "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

It sure is, I can't believe I haven't picked up on that yet as I've edited it like 9 times already.

Battle Tips: Cover is your friend

If you can see your enemy, the enemy can see you

backblast, watch for it.

Build bunkers high, take advantage of your view of your enemy, best shooters on top, don't make them move to retrieve ammo.

Squad leaders set formations of your group

talk to your team and sqaud

Smellbow   

As a totally new player yet to sink time in would it be good etiquette to announce to a squad that I am new? Makes sense to me but Im not familiar with what unwritten rules may have formed. 

Also, apologies if answered and missed, if i need to call out an enemy ive seen is it best to simply say enemy at and a compass bearing? I imagine this could be confusing to members potentially not in the same area for some reason?

Thanks guys n gals :)

KTMR29   

I would like to know what Medics and Squad Leaders look like for each faction...

tumblr_mwt0v8Z6Md1rji3x6o1_1280.jpg

Off-topic, that's a quite cheeky use of an Ataka ATGM spent tube.

Insano   

Lel, Prone anytime you can in a bush or undergrowth. It is a great way for OPFOR to miss your presence among them.

One of the few times I find it acceptable to go prone. Other than that, if you have hard cover to hide behind you should go prone and move away from your original spot as soon as possible. I love when entire squads prone out thinking it makes them safe while I start dropping 203s on them.

KTMR29   

One of the few times I find it acceptable to go prone. Other than that, if you have hard cover to hide behind you should go prone and move away from your original spot as soon as possible. I love when entire squads prone out thinking it makes them safe while I start dropping 203s on them.

Part of those NATURAL REACTIONS, you know like logical stuff especially when you use a fragmentation grenade on an open space. I forgot, gamers have this idiotic tendency to ignore that sometimes Squad tends to try and become as realist as possible.

In other words, hitting the dirt when ordnance is tossed around you is the logical thing to do. No matter what you think about it.

Hey lads sorry I haven't updated this in a while, it's been almost a month since I've played and I won't be anytime soon. I'll endeavor to update this at some point soon.

On a side note, I know it's selfish but I won't ever give out all the tips and tricks as sometimes people who do things the wrong way deserve to learn from experience...

Bassi   

Trees work as cover and as a firing position. Get close to the tree, so your gun is on the right side of the tree, that way your not exposed. 

SgtHerhi   
On 3/21/2016 at 5:24 AM, BattIeBorn said:

Hey lads sorry I haven't updated this in a while, it's been almost a month since I've played and I won't be anytime soon. I'll endeavor to update this at some point soon.

On a side note, I know it's selfish but I won't ever give out all the tips and tricks as sometimes people who do things the wrong way deserve to learn from experience...

Mr. Battle, if you find the time a V7 update would be the beez's knees!

OskarPR   

Hey everybody, thought I'd pitch in although I'm hardly ever playing these games any more. I wrote a guide to squadleading a few years ago for Project Reality and thought that some of the information might be useful for all of you playing Squad. Here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19000835/PRTA Guide to Squad Leading v2.pdf

You can safely skip through the whole first chapter since it's only about the game mechanics of Project Reality and probably won't be correct with this new game.

Cheers

Edited by OskarPR