Jeepo

Tactical Gamer - The Premiere Community For Mature Gamers

I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed at the level of teamwork on the server. There's barely any other servers with as many unresponsive squad leaders, and they're frequently doing anything but play the objectives, instead building superFOBs in the middle of nowhere or defending/attacking uncappable flags.

I have not run into this. I would report them using text or on teamspeak. Admins do a good job of weeding out players who don't listen

I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed at the level of teamwork on the server. There's barely any other servers with as many unresponsive squad leaders, and they're frequently doing anything but play the objectives, instead building superFOBs in the middle of nowhere or defending/attacking uncappable flags.

I as well have not seen this commonly. Problematic players and squad leaders exist on every server, but I would also suggest contacting the admins. It generally is an active admin server from my experience.

Sorry if thats been your experience, not one I've shared to an unusual level. The server's been quite busy and there are a lot of new players finding their feet and Admin tools are limited at this time.

Regardless if you are seeing this on the server please speak up. You can of course respectfully offer suggestions/advice to the squad you're in if they seem a bit erm....off track. If that fails please contact an Admin in game, through our TS or by using our forums.

We are of course sympathetic with the 'newness' of Squad etc for new players. However we also want TG to remain one of the premiere Community s for tactics, teamwork and coordination. We also want to protect the playing environment of people who visit our server with their teamwork gameface on.

Crazy busy server - Check

Active Forums Community - Check

Busy Teamspeak - Check

Large, active admin team - Check

TacticalGamer.com - still the place to play!

TacticalGamer will be hosting our first internal scrimmage for Squad on Saturday, February 20th. We will be fighting on Chora for this event. While all are welcome to participate, it is first-come, first-serve so make sure you get signed up early!

Please read this thoroughly before responding.

Scrimmage Summary

Date: Saturday, February 20, 2016

Time: 2pm CST - 20:00 UTC (use http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time_converter.aspx to work out your difference)

Be on Teamspeak by: One hour prior to event for roll call.

Map: Chora AAS

Server: TG Squad server. Server will be password locked for scrimmage.

Prizes: Bragging Rights

Who can participate?

This event is open to all players who visit our forums.

• Players will be signed up on a first-come first-served basis.

• Supporting Members get precedence in the order they sign up, then Non-Supporting Members afterwards. Your SM status at the time of sign-up determines which list you will be on. Once you post, you cannot become a SM later to work your way up the list.

• You can pull out, but if you reconfirm, you will find yourself at the bottom of the roster.

• You may not hand over your spot to another specific player. Your spot will be given to the next available player.

• Private forums will be provided for each team to conduct planning and organization prior to the scrimmage.

• Making videos of the event is highly encouraged. We intend on gathering as many as we can and stitching them together into one comprehensive video. More details to follow.

How do I sign up?

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Players who no-show without notice for a scrim will be precluded from participating in the following scrim. Don't let your team mates down! Only sign up if you intend to play all rounds and you must provide at least 24 hours if you need to withdraw.

To sign-up for this event, please visit our forums

As this is the first one, how many rounds do you expect to play? Just curious as I will have to move some things around to play more than two hours.

I think just one round for this one, Desmo. In the future we may do more than one, but typically our scrims are one round and done. We have private forums for the teams to plan, and we've had some ridiculously complex plans for our PR scrims (even to the point of naming the streets on Muttrah for better target identification and coordination), so one round is more than enough.

We will probably be doing one of these once a month.

The triumphant return of the famous TG Scrim!

Get signed up while you can folks. Commanders will have 1 week to plan and prep their teams in a private sub-forum. Then its shooin' time!

Signed up for the internal scrim, can't wait to play. The scrims on the old PR server were great, I expect this to be just as awesome!

Tactical Gamer is hosting a closed server scrimmage on February 20th - open to all! Head on over to our forums and register HERE!

I haven't had a good organized game for years, mostly because I coudn't get through all the red tape at PRT. This is going to be some good fun.

Had a great time at the PW Night yesterday, can't wait for the next one!

Same here! it was a lot of fun :)

Password night on April 17, 2016! Please sign up at www.tacticalgamer.com/forums/780-squad

Thanks to the lads on TG the other day, It's wonderful that you guys have the same old esprit de corps! I'm now a subscriber again so I'm hoping I'll see alot of old PR buddies and new buddies alike!

On 8/11/2016 at 0:54 PM, Rudd_Nurseman said:

Thanks to the lads on TG the other day, It's wonderful that you guys have the same old esprit de corps! I'm now a subscriber again so I'm hoping I'll see alot of old PR buddies and new buddies alike!

That's awesome! Welcome back.

On 8/11/2016 at 11:54 AM, Rudd_Nurseman said:

Rudd, I invite you to join the TG Squad Steam group (and anyone else interested as well) - it is a great way to connect with other members of the TG Squad community, get news of special events on the server and interact with your friends!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalgamer-squad

I've been a Supporting Member for over a year and I can honestly say this is the best online community I've been part of. Very respectful members and very understanding of personal time. Most of us have children of our own and we can all relate, no time for the kid-like COD mentality. When we play, we want the realism and tactical gameplay that TG has been known for dating back to PR!