Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David_Armstrong1988

VOIP - local can be hear by enemy

Hello,

I have a suggestion. What do you think about this:

SUGGESTION 1: 

The local VOIP transmission (default V), can be also heared by the enemy nearby (from 0 to 10 meters distance)?

SUGGESTION 2: 

This is real hardcore. You can hear the enemy when they talking nearby on every channel (Squadcom, Leadcom, local - from 0 to 10 meters distance)?

My opinion this would have a great impact on the tactical gameplay. Like in the real world, you must to be quiet to not give your position away. If your enemy is loud, than you have a better chance to localize and neutralize them. This system already exists in ArmA. I don't say that i don't like the VOIP System we have at this moment. It's just a suggestion and i also know its not easy to do.

With Best Regards

David

Unlikely to happen because when the enemy can heard, teams just start shit talking to each other - rather unrealistic, that's why they have done it the way it is.

most likely not going to happen.

reason:

People will stop using ingame VOIP (squad radio, local, SQL channel) because they give away their position.

-> they then would use 3rd party voice tools (eg. TS3, mumble,...)

-> no more comms between squads

-> VERY bad for gemeplay

suggestion 2 is just stupid.

but suggestion one should be good.

I remember one guy offered it will be like.. they could hear you from what ever range your team can on local , but instead of hearing what they actual saying. you'll hear mumbling

(in real , an American soldier in Afghanistan would hear Arabic on the other side of the door or w/e)

(suggestion 2 is stupid , because enemy can't take over your radio channels that easily by being near you.. doesn't work that way)

#2 isn't stupid and I see what he is saying. IF you are standing near someone. You are going to over hear him talking. That is what he is saying, not actually hearing the entire radio conversation.

"...instead of hearing what they actual saying. you'll hear mumbling

(in real , an American soldier in Afghanistan would hear Arabic on the other side of the door or w/e)"

This is a nice suggest. I like it too.

I'd like to see it, but sadly it will just push people to use Teamspeak as winning the internets is the most important thing in life.

a real squad would have whisper speak on comms or arm signals... no

/thread

#2 isn't stupid and I see what he is saying. IF you are standing near someone. You are going to over hear him talking. That is what he is saying, not actually hearing the entire radio conversation.

yeah.. as a local voip

I remember one guy offered it will be like.. they could hear you from what ever range your team can on local , but instead of hearing what they actual saying. you'll hear mumbling

(in real , an American soldier in Afghanistan would hear Arabic on the other side of the door or w/e)

Works very fine in ArmA 3 ACRE² , too.

They call their feature "Babel".

Maybe this would be nice as a server side setting... 

http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_babel.html

It wont happen due to the Human Troll tendencies

Is this really being shot down? This is one of my favorite features in insurgency and arma3. It should only be "all players in your proximity can hear you talking"

for 2 reasons:

1. You can hear enemies on the other side of a wall trying to surprise you (requiring the other team to pre-plan and then maintain radio silence).

2. You can try to confuse enemies by shouting false commands if you happen to sneak into their base and hide.  :ph34r:

The problem Dan, is the entire swathes of players will just use Teamspeak. What I hated about most servers in PR are the ones that said JOIN OUR TEAMSPEAK SERVER!! I don't want that to happen with Squad. I am sure it will but hopefully not very much.